With all the scrutiny about multi boxing

Oh hey, a MVP. One of you posted in the GD a few days ago saying he was also hit with the suspension bat for the same thing.

How about a policy update that just forbids the practice so legit players stop getting in trouble? Just a suggestion (not aimed at you.)

2 Likes

The support page was updated 3 days ago and it’s still allowed.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/24258

4 Likes

I remember that link. My husband would link it to the people that sent him vile whispers about being a bot and how they were going to report him.

Fat lot of good it did him.

4 Likes

Forgive me if I missed it in your diatribe, but did your husband file an appeal? Not a ticket inquiring of the reason, but did he make use of the appeal process? Even the staff are human, and mistakes can be made, it’s why the process exists.

6 Likes

The blues here ain’t your personal lapdogs to do what you want. They’re unable to look into this kind of thing as their job isn’t to be someone yes men because they’re felt entitle to something. Along with that, pointing fingers at them isn’t really going to make them work with you and just have this thread locked.

3 Likes

Yes, I didn’t mention it in my “diatribe” because I thought it would have been obvious. We appealed until we got the final decision reply.

1 Like

Slow your roll. I know the blues here aren’t the WoW police and I didn’t place blame at their feet. I know where the blame belongs.

I’m replying to the statement “it doesn’t happen” when in my experience it very much does.

Also, the only reason I asked for that is they have done it before.

Sucker: “I did nuffin wrong.”
CS Blue: “yeah you did and here’s a cryptic statement of what you’ve done.”

3 Likes

I don’t know you or your husband, and even then, you’d be surprised what may be obvious to most but never seems to be when it should be. That’s why I wanted to make sure.

I will say though, there still have been times where that final decision has come down and then was reversed after something or another has been found that wasn’t evident or available at the time of sanction. That said though if it’s something you wish to focus on further, I would suggest opening your own thread rather than hijacking the OP’s with your husband’s issue. I get it is in a similar vein, but going off away from the OP’s direct line of question is usually a good way of getting a thread locked up, as I think you know since you seem more familiar with how things go around here.

1 Like

This is a contradiction and the OP is asking about the exact situation we went through. I think I’m very on topic.

If you want to wag your finger at me, do it for discussing a penalty, which is the actual rule I’m breaking.

3 Likes

Attacking the blues here because you feel entitle to something with crazy theories isn’t helpful.

4 Likes

What you quoted was me “attacking” Blizzard. I did not blame the CM. And my second quote is snarky but also 100% serious. We both want a reason beyond “cheating” and I explained why. We’re hoping that maybe more notes have been added, even if that’s a 0.01% chance.

2 Likes

I’m not though? I’m just saying that they were asking a question that has been answered. You’re bringing in what happened to your husband to contradict what a Blue had said, and then hanging on your particular issue. I don’t care for threads being locked due to other people derailing it with their own particular deal. Your hostility is unnecessary when I personally have done nothing to snap at you.

1 Like

What difference does it make if the question has been answered?

Right…

2 Likes

That’s not what the CS forum is for, let along acting like this towards them will make them do such. More to the point, the blues here ain’t really able to ask how high when you say jump. All the blue will say that the email they’re given to the person is all the info they can give. There isn’t a magical way to get more info you said the right words.

1 Like

So what is this forum for? Armchair blues to get off on trying to attack people that are frustrated? Just going off the way you’re replying to me, that’s seems to be what it’s for.

Also, the blues have the power to shut me down forever. They don’t need you rushing in with sword and shield.

2 Likes

The response was to the claim that people are getting banned for logging into more than one account at a time. That is absolutely and completely false. No one has been suspended or otherwise penalized for simply logging into more than one WoW license that they are registered to.

I’m sorry if your husband was hit for exploitation, botting, etc… and that the explanation has been, lacking, but I can guarantee you that the reason for the action was not for “logging into more than one WoW license at the same time”.

It is likely because they triggered some kind of botting/exploitation detection.

Generally speaking, the forums are here for players to discuss aspects of the game with each other. This forum in particular is a focused on the discussion of support related issues. Players can come here seeking advice and direction on what to do when they have an issue that they may need help with. Such as if their account was compromised, they needed to report harassment, their character was stuck, etc… Some folks do not know how/when they can or should put in a ticket or what methods of help may be available, so that is the direction we often provide.

8 Likes

This is more information than we have been given since it started. And he wasn’t banned, it was a 6 month suspension for “cheating.”

3 Likes

I try to provide information when I can, but those responses are generally for accounts that violated a social policy like a bad name/bad language.

Just to be clear, I can’t say that applies to your husband’s account, Tovi, it was just the common reason for such actions. I wasn’t immediately able to locate your husband’s account. From what I can see you have over a dozen Battle.net accounts associated with the IP you are currently logging in from, all with different names, and some addresses, so I can’t tell who your husband might be.

Even if I knew which one your husbands was, I doubt I’d be able to provide much detail, sorry.

7 Likes

It is also possible that some remnants of ISboxer were still running as it put a folder in the addons folder. Just speculating but it could be that he was reported and that addon was still in the folder and triggered the software detection software that blizz is using.

Where was I wrong in my terminology? Perhaps not the kindest response, but your post was a long rant/vent more than anything. But I will bow out of this branch of the conversation as Vrak has it quite in hand. All the best to you and your husband. Hopefully some better resolution will come about in time.

3 Likes