Witcher type rp?

I have in mind to give a Witcher vibe for an rp set in Azeroth. It doesn’t have to follow the Witcher story exactly, as I would prefer it be WOW oriented. Any ideas on how to do this without being silly?

I think for the Witcher himself, a DK would suit rather well as a class, though paladin would as well. A human can be made to look like Gerald quite easily with the white hair and the smaller ponytail or just the straight long white hair.

I would love to create a Yennifer, and I am thinking Void elf mage. She will be leveled as Arcane and using the TRP3 to advance her story.

What I am looking for is a person to play the role of Gerald. Familiarity with the Witcher series is highly recommended. I like the way that Henry Cavil portrays him in the Netflix series!

If you are interested and want to try this, reply here. I am on Pacific Time zone and willing to play anytime in afternoons and into the wee hours. A dedicated rper would be great.

Brainstorming the idea here would be good to set the right mood and make sure we are compatible, or I can add you to discord or battlenet if you agree to meet in game first to discuss things.

Thanks for any comments to help me set this up.

Your best bet for RP along a similar vibe might actually be getting involved in Gilnean RP, for which there’s several guilds as well as regularly posted groups in LFG. The reason I say such is that there’s a similar emphasis on Eastern European flavor to things, as well as monster hunting in general. Further, Worgen have a similar stigma to that of DK’s in WoW or Witchers in the Witcher book/game/tv settings, in that they’re not entirely trusted by the commonfolk out of superstition, assumptions about them being the same as other worgen, or fears of them going feral. Add in the whole bit about reclaiming their homeland from literal monsters, and yeah. So finding hooks to tie your character on into the region or race might be helpful. In any event, best of luck! :slight_smile:

This legit sounds like a fun idea. My fiance’ might dig into playing a Geralt sort of character but I’m not sure if he would want to make THE witcher from the show. I’ll talk to him about it and see what he says when I get home tonight. ^^

Duskwood, specifically Darkshire usually has folks wandering around later in the evening on weekends. That zone fits the Witcher mantra pretty well.

1 Like

I would check out Gilneas, Silverpine, and Duskwood as mentioned. The idea of a Witcher is good, and basing a character of source material is an easy way to get a decent character but don’t literally be Geralt in WoW. Thats one thing that will get you turned away from RPing with others. Sure you want to be a Witcher and if you can spin it, have fun. But explaining how a Witcher ended up in Azeroth will be a challenge. I know monster hunters are absolutely a thing in the RP scene though. And are usually found in cursed areas like the Worgen themed areas.

Just air on the side of caution because most of The Witcher fan have been fans much longer than the newer Netflix Viewers between the Games and Books. And he is held in high standards, so you may find some toxicity here and there. And I’ll leave off on this Geralt is an extremely broken character a master swordsmans, extended life due to augmentations, able to use signs (magic), potions that no other normal species can use without dying that grants superhuman speed, strenght, etc. You will find there will be very little challenge for you if you follow the material. Whereas a normal Witcher is significantly less powerful. Geralt for even Witcher standards is a major cut above due to more augmentations.

this toon is rped as a Witch Hunter, kinda close to witcher.

Thank you so much for the great responses.I do not wish to play Geralt myself, but I do like the concept of Yennifer. The witcher is a great series, and I do plan on getting the books when I can afford them.

What I am hoping to find is more of the chemistry and fun that occurs between Yennifer and Geralt. He is supposed to be a cold blooded killer, and he does so with a certain flair! His emotions are intriguing, he is created to destroy evil things. But he is human enough to need gold to survive. Hence the mercenary outlook.

While I like the Worgen storyline and the way it is written, and I agree it would be a way to get the shunned and bitter vibe, I am not a fan of the way the Worgen appear in game. Their running animations are silly looking, the constant snuffling drives me crazy and I want to hand them a kleenex! Blow your damn nose!

Besides the worgen rp I have seen, and granted not all of them do it, is too much furry for me. I do not want an animal. I want a human male with all those nice muscles!

Maybe I am too fussy, but there are things I enjoy in rp that most people are not serious enough about it to follow through or they are not interested in an ongoing storyline. I miss some of the rpers I used to play with. Alas, most of them have moved on to other games or just gave up on the fun of rp.

I hold out some hope I will find my Geralt some day. Until then, happy rping to all!

Well my fiance’ gave the idea a thumbs down, but he likes the concept of intergrating it into wow lore. He’s looking forward to seeing how this pans out. *As am I. Good luck and happy rping!

I actually got the name Yennifar on Moonguard! Only level 21, as a Void elf mage. Anyone care to join me? I will look for a mage school type guild, or maybe just some rp guild that will allow me to play as a mage student who is just beginning to figure out her powers.

I am willing to help a player level if they will create a Witcher for me. I honestly do not care about leveling to the max level, just enough to get a mount and to have some fun rp.

And here is Yennifar, having some fun walk ups with her, but so far no Witcher. I have not given up hope. I figure if I am going to find one that will do the role justice, it will be here on MG.

So to fill out her story a bit. I am going to leave her as a Sindorei forced out of Silvermoon because of her activities using the Dark energy called the Void. She was a noble born, with both parents Magisters, so her talents are good. But she has trouble with containing the chaos that is the Void. She needs a sympathetic teacher as well as some friends who will support her plan of becoming an Arch mage some day.

I have her TRP3 backstory written, now all I need to find is a good rp guild.

I think I would prefer something more scholarly than military. I have been investigating a few and they sound promising. Have not made a decision yet.

I am currently looking for a magic oriented guild, with enough people to level with and explore this character concept.

I will not be using the Yennefer concept exactly, I do want her to have flaws and needing help in controlling her Void magic and the emotions she is struggling with as an outcast.

As for a Geralt, I know its not an original idea. I do not expect an exact copy of him. Any type of monster hunter will do, as long as the chemistry works between our characters and we can find time to rp together.

I am on Pacific time and like to stay up until wee hours. I would love any Oceanic or Aussie player to join me in exploring this whole concept.

Another good batch of concepts to look into would be the Order of Embers in BFA, I remember there used to be a group of people that rp’d that but I’m not sure anymore.

They were pretty explicitly Witch Hunters in the sense of monsters and people who set curses on others in the context of wow, since not all witches in the setting are bad (see: Harvest Witches).

I wish you luck with finding somebody to do this sort of RP with you! As was mentioned by Khamael, the Order of Embers is a fairly similar concept to witchers, though there’s a lot of difference between them. The Order hunts specifically Heartsbane witches, the ones in Drustvar that were up to a number of terrible things. I’m sure they’ve also killed a good number of monsters as well, but they’re not quite out to hunt them for gold as much as they care about setting their homeland right.

That’s really the only witcher-esque group in lore, though I am afraid to say i do not know any other Order of Embers roleplayers that are active. it may be a bit hard to find them!

Since you’re not super into the idea of worgen, a race that usually has a lot of monster hunters, I’m not sure where else you can be pointed! I’d suggest maybe poking around Stormwind, as I have seen a number of monster-hunting men around the city at various times.

1 Like

We can certainly work our way up there to the Order of Embers, eventually, but since Yennifar is still low level, can I find someone to work with me on this idea?

All mobs in Azeroth can be considered monsters. Yen can be an alchemist/herbalist and create potions to augment our abilities. I am just asking for a chance to work out this concept and keep it WOW centric and NOT a copy of the Witcher, just a similar idea.

1 Like

I am hoping to do a small guild building on this idea. I started one with the help of a few friends, unfortunately that character is not available for me to post on. I really wish Blizzard would get on updating the forums!

Basically the guild will be dedicated rpers who want to explore the concept of a mutant group of monster hunters. I want to keep it pretty generic. I am open to suggestions, but I do want to keep it as close to the Azeroth lore as possible.

For example, a group of sages, consisting of mages, warlocks, druids and priests have come up with a way to create a superior fighting warrior (can be either gender). Through the use of alchemy, magic, necromancy, and any other Azeroth based method, they create these monster hunters.

Unfortunately, these hunters are often misunderstood, shunned by society and often seen as simply misfits. The hunters are basically living, breathing beings. With powers that can be used for good, (or evil). This way, I can see some of the classes available could be Death Knights, Demon Hunters, rogues, Hunters, Druids and Warriors.

Support classes would of course be healers and magic users.

Thoughts?

The guild is formed, called the Rivia Lodge. We are accepting all classes, mainly people who love the rp and wish to make this an interesting experiment. I have a few core officers, all good rpers.

Accepting those who wish to become one of the Order. We are monster hunters with a slant to doing good and being mercenaries. Support classes are also welcomed to offer guidance, training and working on perfecting the mutations. This can be a lot of fun to work on rp wise. If you like to rp and are willing to at least devote some time to making this work, contact Yennifar in game or my alt(GM) Darthalor.

1 Like

Jaskiar Murchadha here! I am the official Bard of the Rivia Lodge. I will sing songs about your successes! I will tell you secrets about winning the ladies hearts! But only if the gold is right, I have to eat too!

Contact Darthalor or Yennifar in game for more information!

1 Like

I am still looking for more rpers to make this a fun guild. I thought I would write up a bit of history for the Lodge to spark some interest.

A fire in the lodge’s massive fireplace caused flickering light to dance over the wood paneled walls. The Rivia Lodge was a welcoming place, with room for more in its spacious halls. A staircase leading to the upper levels, with private rooms for each resident, featured carved wood. The handiwork of many dwarves and human hands, yet it bore the design of the Kaldorei.

The kitchen was likewise a work of art. Several countertops and a huge sink with running water. A wall on the inside backed the fireplace of the main room. Centralized heating at its finest, the chimney allowing warmth to flow to the bedrooms above. Cabinets galore, holding utensils, cook ware and supplies. There were cooks working almost every hour, Making bread, stew and desserts. A huge oven allowed the preparation of large cuts of meat. Beef, pork and chicken as well as turkey were often available cold as well as hot. The cold storage was magically enhanced to offer a freezing section as well as cold for milk and other dairy goods.

Just off the main central section, under the stairwell, a door led to an underground chamber where bathing pools and showers were available to those who wished to wash off the stains of battle. A natural hot springs fed the pools and provided water for washing clothing as well.

The builder of this Lodge remains aloof and anonymous, preferring to provide for the company in a tangible way without drawing attention. He created the Order out of necessity. Too many fought battles against factions, and ignored the commoners. A group consisting of a mage, a warlock, a priest and a druid came together in conference, hoping to find a way to protect the peasants and the less fortunate. After many months of debate and soul searching, they began to experiment with the use of potions, magic and intense training methods. Arguments and debates followed of course, as various experiments failed and others triumped. All in all, a consensus was reached to tailor the training to the individual, allowing them to choose their favored method of enhancement.

Today, the Rivia Lodge has one Director, who has vowed to continue the work started and to invite new trainees into the Order. He knows not everyone will be qualified, but insists that everyone who comes for aid will be invited to further the basic tenents of the Order.

“To fight evil, to aid the commoner, to provide a place for refuge, and to look forward to the future of the world with optimism.”

((Going to build this Lodge in Minecraft. I hope to post pictures in the discord channel, available to members of the Lodge.))

Well, this does sound like a solid idea, however, I’d like to offer a suggestion.
Make it a group with the battletag social, this way multiple guilds can participate and join in without forcing roleplayers to abandon their own guilds. (I have a handful of characters that would leap at the chance to help with something like this, please please think about doing this!)

I do have a discord, and I invite people to throw an alt into my guild for now, that way we can build this as we go forward. I do want dedicated rpers to join in, but I am fine with casuals, as long as they are willing to participate regularly.

Years ago I started a small guild with a group of rpers, and we had a blast. All of them have now moved on to other games or just no longer play. I am feeling the age of this game, and I fear the declining numbers are going to make it difficult to get enough people.

Thanks for the encouragement Alyarieth! I am not sure I understand what you mean by a battletag social? Can you explain a bit more?

I am going to work on more history of the Lodge on Google docs and post some updates when I can. I am above all, a writer and creator. Not really the best in organising people! (blush). Any help getting this thing going is a blessing, and I do appreciate it.