Witcher type rp?

I have a friend who played a monster hunter in the past at a different server in Europe. I know he’s talked a bit on and off about getting back to WoW RP, so I’ll pass on this idea to him and see if he’s interested in remaking him for MG ^^

I am said friend and like Isari here said, I used to play a grizzly monster hunter character on AD a couple of years ago. I’ve since ventured to US servers and I thought I’ll get into RP again. I run on Pacific hours and usually on in the evening, so I think MG is a good fit. I’ll create him and put some levels on while keeping an eye out for you guys. It sounds like a fun project.

2 Likes

Indeed, Menethir, I welcome you to join me. What did you make? I can be on Darthalor and invite you to rp, and see how things go.

Edit; If you are Melfinas, then Darthalor answered your letter. Let me know when you can be online so I can meet with you.

Hey again. No, that was not me sending you mail. I have not been able to create him yet due to work, but I’ll be doing that today and level him throughout the week. He will be a human hunter. I’ll keep an eye out for you and send off a message once I can put on some decent transmog and whatnot.

How are the general plans and guild coming along, by the way?

Edited for typos.

1 Like

It goes very slowly, but that’s alright, as I want to be small and tight knit. I do not expect this to be a large guild. I am mainly looking for good rpers who like the story concept. It is the people who make a guild good.

I have a couple in there now, but it is hard to arrange times to meet. I am only online in afternoons and evenings, Pacific time. Once we meet up and you join my discord, it will be easier to communicate. I hesitate to put the discord here, as I do not want griefers or trolls.

If you post here with the name you choose after you have made your hunter, I will find a time to meet with you in game. Give me some idea when you will be around as well.

Thanks for the interest, I appreciate it!

As promised, a little history.

Still looking for dedicated rpers to join me. I have started to level this guy so we can have a steady stream of income for the guild bank.

I have given some thought to this concept, but I want to get some feedback. So far Biran Darthalor is the director of the Lodge, but he really needs a council to head various training methods to create the Order’s mercenaries.

I would like to have a mage in charge of magical training, basically someone to follow in the footsteps of the Founder. He or she would be involved in the integration of the mercenaries to the world. Maybe working to keep the economics of the Guild working smoothly? (just suggestions)

There is definitely a need for a trainer in the art of combat, could be a druid, as I have in the backstory, or a monk, warrior or combat rogue? Someone in charge of making sure the recruits get on a regular training schedule and keep in top shape.

The warlock I have in the backstory was an alchemist, she was also a necromancer and dealt with the forces of Shadow and Void. Her experiments left Biran in an odd state of not dead/not alive, similar to a death Knight. I can see a DK handling this, or a warlock or Shadow priest. (again only suggestions)

The last one, the dwarven Priest left a powerful legacy of altruism. This position I would like to see filled by either a priest or a paladin. A strong spiritual guide to make sure the recruits do not fall into evil practices.

I am still very open to suggestions on this, I want it to be player inspired and created by guild members to be what they want, and invoking a Witcher style to the rp. No one is perfect, and my idea is to have each member of the guild be unique. I always build my characters with flaws. I think it makes the rp far more interesting.

Sorry for the delay in reaching out in-game. Work got a bit more demanding than usual, but I started leveling and I will continue to do so this week. Hope to see you around soon.

I am looking forward to meeting your character, Menethir. The guild is building slowly and I would love to get a few more in. Be sure to check my WOrld’s End Tavern post about the origins of the Order of Rivia. I love writing stories up for my characters, and would love to post some kind of journal for the other members of the guild to share their stories as well.