Wishwing pet found!

The Secret Finding Discord has discovered the Wishwing battle pet!

BY: Epic#0815 (they found the ember and purpose of the talisman, text mine - Remte)

• To get Ash Feathers, you need to buy and use Ash Feather Amulet from Griftah in Obsidian Citadel (look for little feathers on the ground in the mentioned zones which spawn for a short time)

• To get Smoldering Phoenix Ash, you need to kill phoenix mobs anywhere in the Waking Shores (rare drop from them)

• To get Phoenix Ash Talisman, you need to head to Zektar (requires some zone campaign to see him) who sells it for 20x Inert Phoenix Ash, 10x Sacred Phoenix Ash, Glittering Phoenix Ember
    Before you start, make sure you have done the Worlds of Draenor campaign quest at least 5/9. You can check from this achievement Between Arak and a Hard Place. You can also confirm this by going to 52,40 in Spires of Arak and check if you can see Zektar.

• To get Inert Phoenix Ash, you need to kill Scorching Elementals in Ungoro Crater around the central caldera

• To get Sacred Phoenix Ash, you need to loot piles of ash all around Spires of Arak in urn/basket-shaped containers

• To get Glittering Phoenix Ember, you need to kill Alysrazor during Cataclysm Timewalking

• The final step: Go to Tarjin the Blind with 20x Ash Feather, 15x Smoldering Phoenix Ash, Phoenix Ash Talisman, he will have “Tale of the Phoenix” quest for you to turn them in.

9 Likes

Coming in 10.1 ?

Available from this week.

Take note that one component only drops during Cata Timewalking.

That’s it? I was expecting a mount…

Really hoping Blizzard does some tinkering with drop rates before next Cataclysm Timewalking. The only source of Inert Phoenix Ash, which is BoP and we’ll need 20 of, is the Scorching Elementals around one smallish mountain in Ungoro Crater. While it’s better than Wowhead’s estimate of a 0.07% drop rate, I was able to get 1 ash from 57 Elemental kills over a little more than an hour.

This was after finally finding a really low-population realm where I had the mountain all to myself. Seems to already be a lot of players trying to stock up with currencies for the new pet and the Elementals don’t last long there.

1 Like

Cata timewalking for the time-gated item: this week, next one in May, next one after that in Sept.

1 Like

I was able to farm my 20x Inert Phoenix Ash in about 4.5 hours with the zone to myself after phasing away to a low pop realm. Long swaths of time without getting any made it feel pretty bad. Bonus though, I got a ton of new transmogs during this farm.

Yeah… It’s a really poor decision to have it set up this way.

Even if there was a 100% drop rate, the big influx of people trying to do this means you’re farming one spot for a spawn every 2-4 minutes and it might not even be the elemental you need. It could still take hours.

2 Likes

I don’t mind the grind for a change, not every pet needs to be basically thrown at you for free (and I’m saying that after grinding Un’Goro for 4 hours last night and being just halfway through my Smoldering Phoenix Ash).

As for the" time-gated item", same could be said about every single timewalking vendor who sells mounts or pets. I mean it’s not like it’s a one time thing anyway. Never thought I’d do Firelands timewalking but we had a decent PUG and managed to kill Alysrazor on first kill after having a few difficulties with Rhyolith.
For the feather/ash farming I just go low pop realm.

I don’t mind a grind at all (in fact I look forward to them), but this:

means I won’t be getting this guy. Regular raids I can eventually get stuff from a few years later once it becomes soloable but TW raids are solo-proof. Oh well. I appreciate knowing about that in advance before I start a dead end grind lol.

3 Likes

I definitely understand the desire to do solo content, but as an aside, I have seen a few groups up solely to get the pet item with no intent of doing the full raid. They’d probably be more tolerable than the average PUG. I did a full run with a random PUG earlier and it was pretty easy aside from a few hard-hitting mechanics but everyone was patient and nice :slight_smile: If it’s still not something you’re interested in, no worries, but just thought I’d mention it as an option.

3 Likes

I wish the https://www.wowhead.com/item=199080/smoldering-phoenix-ash was BOA, I already have 4 but spread over 3 characters. Since it’s a green item, I’ve been saving it, even though it has a nice vendor price in the chance it might used as a pet currency like the Rock of Aegis.

1 Like

How are you phasing too another realm …I thought they broke the addon that let you do that?

They might have just sharded.

Or they joined a group to hop to another realm.

I got invites from buddies on other realms till found a peaceful one.

3 Likes

You can also invite yourself with the help of an alt on a low pop (such as an RP realm). That is what I do when I need to check something or farm in peace.

1. Make sure both the low pop and farming alt are in same zone.
  2. List a group with your low pop alt.
  3. Log over to the alt who needs it and apply to said group.
  4. Log back to low pop and accept the request from your farming alt.
  5. Then log back to the farming alt and accept the invite.

You are now in the zone on the low pop realm.

1 Like

I get a lot of pet collectors are happy for this type of thing. For me though, I’d rather just add it to the list of pets I won’t chase.

99% of the pets are useless and just sit there to make your number higher…they do nothing special in actual pet battles.

So I am okay with hard to get/huge time sink pets just being something I pass on.

I have limited game time and so i try to go with the most bang for my buck on what I can do.

Timewalking Firelands is also absolutely a horrible gate on this thing, but doesn’t surprise me.

1 Like

No offense, but is mindlessly killing mobs for literally hours what you consider “fun” gameplay? I could see maybe requiring 1 or even 5 of this thing “reasonable” but 20 is just sadistic. We’re not digging up emeralds, here. It’s a pet that probably doesn’t even have any unique battle abilities.

It is cageable and sellable on the AH. Just let the new wear off and the high prices should start dropping.

Second Inert Phoenix Ash 1-hour plus farming session. Was twice as productive as first one. This time I got TWO ash. Gee, I’ll have twenty in no time.

I’m willing to work for my pets but this is maybe a bit much.