Wishwing pet found!

Pretty much this, but I just use one of my other accounts and Class Trials (until I decide to level something on those realms). So no listing groups or logging in/out required.

1 Like

No offense taken at all. There always have been pets that require grinds - if you ever do decide to get into ā€œseriousā€ (in the sense of completionist) pet collecting then youā€™ll have to become familiar and comfortable with this concept. And thereā€™s always the option of just buying it from the AH - which I do frequently, I admit, to cut things short. Having that said, after looking at your profile - the grind that it takes for several pets that you donā€™t own will be much longer than that for this specific one, simply due to discontinuation of TCG or other issues, as discouraging as this may sound to you right now.

Class Trials are useless in this case.

Edit: Unless itā€™s multiple accounts, which the poster was referring to. Silly me.

I used them just fine for this, not sure how that makes them useless.

Theyā€™re using them to invite characters to low pop realms, I believe. Not to collect the items.

1 Like

Well just got the raid item you need out of Firelandsā€¦we grouped up and ran start to the boss that drops itā€¦had to fight off a few mobs following usā€¦lot of new folks didnā€™t really know the fight so we wiped onceā€¦second fight went like a charm and we all got our item.

1 Like

Farming that Inert Phoenix Ash is going to be a royal pita it looks likeā€¦I went on this character on Cairne realm and way too many folks farming itā€¦switched over a lower lvl alt on a RP realm that is high enough level to get into the carter area and going to try party group with the alt and bring over my main this character

Hope this worksā€¦trying it now I only had one alt that high enough level to get into the carter areaā€¦

Well that didnā€™t work my ally alt is lvl 24 and you have to be 50 to list groups.

1 Like

Sorry, I skipped over the ā€œother accountā€ part and only read ā€œno listing groups or logging out/inā€. That makes perfect sense.

1 Like

You can create a class trial character who is able to create groups and use the process via group finder as described in this thread earlier.

What I did I made a alt trial character on a low pop RP realm and had the whole carter area to myselfā€¦still though very low low drop rate on those ashesā€¦after about 3 hrs still only had 10 of them ā€¦with nobody there but me.

Did you do the group finder thing as I quoted? The grind takes too long for a trial character.
It took me about 3 1/2 to 4 hours on a low pop realm to get the inert phoenix ashes, then another 3-4 for the smoldering phoenix ash and probably half an hour for the small pile of ash. Also I had to do some questing in Spires of Arak as I never did do them on my main that I used for the grind.

Yep worked greatā€¦is the 3 hrs actually 3 hours of game play or 3 hours of being logged in with the trial characterā€¦cause I was out there for over 3 hrs and still was working for me at time.

Took me about 2 hours to farm 15x smoldering phoenix ash, I got 20 ash feather in like 15 minutes while camping phoenix for the ash.

Next part has me going to Spires of Arak, and itā€™s where Iā€™ve run into major roadblock. Iā€™ve mostly skipped Draenor so I did very little quest and Iā€™d need to do a lot to get Zektar to spawn.

Itā€™s not that bad, I had to do that for myself as an Evoker. Took maybe 15-20 minutes. Just do the Arrakoa quests only. One of the quests will take you down the the Alliance stronghold, but once you pick your building, just grab Ikkyā€™s quest to head back to Veil Terokk. As soon as Anzu appears in the main town, you should be good to go.

Iā€™m still trying to figure out where I left off 9 years ago. Wowhead has convenient script to check of quest was completed and then I go back further, repeat.

I use quest Completist:

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/quest_completist

Any trick to farming the Smoldering Phoenix Ash? Already killed around 100 phoenixs and not a single drop yet.

edit* Finally got one to drop. Iā€™ll just keep doing what Iā€™m doing lol.

That one has a very low drop rate. The best is 4% per Wowhead so an average of 1 every 20 kills. You got unlucky run.

Finally found where I left off and just binged everything after that until I got the one quest to unlock the NPC. About 2 hours and roughly 2/3 of all quests in the Spire.

edit: after sleeping overnight, I spent about 2 hours and multiple wipes to get that item from TW FL raid. This is probably the hardest to get because pugs can be disorganized and not used to complex mechanics of the old raid. All thatā€™s left to farm is Unā€™Goro crater which has the worst drop rate according to wowhead, about 1 or 2 per hour x 20 needed.

Yesterday I used a trial alt I made and ported this character too a low Pop realm and went to the crater and nobody was there and for about 3 hours I farmed the mobsā€¦kill all the mobs now tooā€¦I got 10 in 3 hours.

1 Like