Phoenix Wishwing Pet QUEST NOT OFFERED!

he isnt missing, he is there and i can pick up other quests from him

1 Like

The GMs ain’t there to do quests for folks nor give quests items to players because they asked. If something isn’t working as it meant, the right answer is to post about it in the bug report forum. The folks whom fix this kind of thing are the devs/QA and they take reports there.

More to the point, the GMs ain’t able to fix anything on the spot as anything else could break if the program’s steps ain’t followed and things could break down the line or somewhere else.

2 Likes

Then if he does give you what you want your probably missing some these things tend to be very specific.

1 Like

I followed 3 different guides to be sure. I know I have everything. But the so called GM’s wont even look at my bags to acknowledge this.

One of the responses:

When we say that we cannot provide you with some item, we mean that we don’t have the permission of the developers to do so. Support team doesn’t have access to the game code to diagnose and fix the bug right here right now.
That’s why so important to submit a bug report and wait. When developers fix the bug on their side, oif we get permission from them, we can give you an item or complete quest, but only after their review is over.

It took 4 days before one of the GM’s even said a review was being done.

This kind of hostility isn’t helping your case.

If it’s bugged, report the bug on the bug forums or by using the in-game bug report tool.

The GMs aren’t allowed to help you. They have, however, by what you quoted, very plainly explained to you what you should be doing - submitting a bug report. Nothing else can be done in the meantime.

10 Likes

Its the lack of communication I am frustrated with, the lack of professionalism and the lack of comprehension to what I am saying. As I stated, it took 5 different GM’s 7 days to tell me that a review was going on, I didnt know this. Why is it so hard for “Customer Service” to do some basic “Customer Service” and communicate what is going on. You call it hostility, I call it expactation of basic respect.

I only see a lack of respect coming from one direction. Very politely telling you that they can’t just grant you the item and that you need to report your situation as a bug in the appropriate places isn’t disrespectful or unprofessional, and they seem to very clearly comprehend what the issue is and what needs to be done, the people that you’re getting mad at just aren’t the ones who can do it.

The content just came out, if there’s a bug it’s likely they’ve only just realized that it was there and started looking into it. Those things can take time. No one is allowed to wave a magic wand and complete the granting of the pet to you if there’s a bug.

You need to wait for any bug that has come up to be researched and fixed, even if you’re upset about it. That’s the bottom line. That’s what they’re trying to tell you as politely as they can, but it doesn’t appear to be sinking in. Getting mad about it isn’t going to fix any potential bugs faster.

10 Likes

You fail to understand the situation, I went back and forth for 5 days, doing everything they requested. Diligently.
Then I offered them a solution to my issue. To which they then said they cannot give hints to secret content. Which meant they had completly misunderstood my current situation. They had failed to comprehend the issue that faced me after 5 days of me repeatidly communicating it.
They did not let me know a review would be done of my situation, they just closed out the ticket without so much as a follow up. So you opnly see a lack of respect from one direction do you? Im pissed and righfully so, because I spent all that time uninstalling addons, writing bug reports, and i didnt even get a thank you or we will be looking into your matter to try and resolve, from 5 differnt GM’s. So don;t tell me that you think i am being disrespectful. This is not the issue. I spent a long time being very amicable trying to re-explain my situation that i was not asking for hints or help, that the NPC was not offering the quest etc, and they didnt even acknowledge what I had wrote. and it took ages for 1 GM to even say a review was being done. The other GMs brushed me off.
That is my issue here.

I am sorry, Rasmine, but as the Game Master mentioned, we are not able to provide information regarding this kind of content.

Unfortunately, due to the number of times you have opened a ticket on it, the information has gotten a little muddled, but generally speaking, that usually means that you aren’t bugged, you just don’t qualify and we cannot provide information on what would allow you to.

So to be absolutely perfectly clear… You do not qualify for the quest yet.

15 Likes

Im highly autistic and i don’t always get nuance. I need direct communication. I spent 5 days and all any of thes GM’s needed to say was that " **You do not qualify for the quest yet."
Having GM’s telling me to follow guides, or lodge bug reports suggests something is wrong, or that the guide will fix my issue. If a GM bothered to look at my level or quest progression perhaps they would have said the same thing you did. As you are insinuating there is no bug and I have completed what is required, but my level or quest chain progression/faction rep is not where it needs to be.

What endorsed guide? The guide you seem to be referring to is on Wowhead, while we often will refer folks to Wowhead as an excellent source of information related to the game, the content isn’t exactly endorsed nor guaranteed to be 100% accurate. It’s a third party site that collects information about game content and often relies on player gathered information.

It’s a secret pet, Rasmine. the information that is available on third party sites is information that others gather and hypothesize on. The entire point of a secret pet or mount is to figure out how to obtain it.

I can understand the frustration, Rasmine, but our staff is restricted from providing any hints on this kind of content. In fact, in most cases they may not have all the specifics for these kinds of quests and are only able to check if we have any verified bugs on it.

You are also under a misguided impression that our staff didn’t look into the issue, they did, but again, they are limited on what they can say.

Good luck on obtaining the pet.

10 Likes

There is a guide on the battle net forum for the wishwing pet. Just search wishwing pet found. I beleived it to be an endorsed guide.

This thread?

That is a post from another player, like you.

Something officially from Blizzard would be posted by a Blue Poster marked as Support Forum Agent, Community Management, or Game Developer.

8 Likes

I don’t think this is even a thing. Certainly, the idea that Blizzard might endorse a “how to” for an in-game secret flies in the face of the ironclad prohibition against offering game hints.

In any event, as Vrakthris said, unless it’s blue text, it’s not from Blizzard.

4 Likes

I understand i made a mistake about the post

1 Like

Now, if you want a chance to improve things, you may want to explain the shortcoming or incomplete information you had trouble with in that thread. If nothing else, you would be helping the community by sharing your experience and highlighting the information you feel could have been better documented.

5 Likes

This is in the comment section on wowhead.

" How to get the pet:

Step 1: Before you start, make sure you have done the Worlds of Draenor campaign quest at least 5/9. You can check from this achievement Between Arak and a Hard Place. You can also confirm this by going to 52,40 in Spires of Arak and check if you can see Zektar. If you can see him, go to step 3. If not, go to step 2."

3 Likes

Hello! I’m DragonsAfterDark, and I write the guides and news on Xu-Fu’s Pet Guides ^^

As Vrakthris pointed out, we are in no way endorsed by Blizzard; we’re just another fan site, and we specialize in pet battle strategies and news.

I do point out in the guide that it requires some zone campaign to see Zektar:

To get Phoenix Ash Talisman, you need to head to Zektar (requires some zone campaign to see him)

However, I will be adding the comment Korkx mentions from Wowhead to make the guide more complete. If you ever find the guides on Xu-Fu’s to be missing any information, or if you have any questions, you’re more than welcome to leave a comment on the news/guide on the website, or in the Pet Battle Forums ^^

~ Best regards, DragonsAfterDark

20 Likes

You’re a class act!

3 Likes

Thank you for all of your contributions! I use a lot of your teams / strategies from Xu-Fu.

To respond to the OP, I wrote my own personal guide on the Phoenix Wishwing because everything I found on Wowhead was confusing and unclear.

Here is the portion I wrote to myself and members of my guild about Zektar:

“In order to see Zektar at the location (indicated above), due to phasing, you must complete a portion of the Spires of Arak campaign on the character that has gathered the materials because the items are soulbound. Check your Achievement - Between Arak and a Hard Place - to see if you’ve completed any of the campaign. If you have, Zektar will be at his location. If you have not, go to coordinates 37,18 and speak to Azik and pick up the quest Shadows of Skettis to start the campaign. Complete through the 5th quest chain in the Achievement. Next you will be sent to Anzu who will give you the quest Cult of the Raven Speakers. This quest line will eventually lead to the quest The High Raven Speaker which will take you to Zektar. Zektar will then be in his proper location and he will have the Phoenix Ash Talisman for sale.”

6 Likes