Winterspring: Alliance or Horde?

It’s ORCS. With a C. I don’t care how much Warhammer you’ve played–they’re not the same!

5 Likes

It’s Alliance, if anything, though if we’re really nailing down who it belongs to in terms of settlement size then it belongs to the Furbolg tribes there.

There are no Horde settlements there at all, while there are in fact Night Elf settlements there. The Horde has more claim to Feralas and Stonetalon in terms of places they didn’t take through force of arms in Cata, since Tauren have settlements in both.

1 Like

Its NE/Alliance territory. The Horde has no holdings at all there, the Steamwheedle are not Horde. And even being a rabid Goblin fan, I’ve always disliked Everlook. Even as far back as Vanilla. It was always disappointing to see that town in what I had expected to see as a NE Winter Wonderland. I want NE Winter aesthetics, and I’ve always wanted them!

6 Likes

You can’t understand it but this is a TERRIBLE idea, lorewise and gamewise.

Cultures are better and more diverse when they are more scattered, the Game is richer and fuller with more lands to explore and the story is more interesting when both sides actually have to deal with real world borders.

“culture consolidation and regrouping” might as well result in both factions playing two completely different games, on two completely different shards with no bearing on either story. And if we’re going to do that, why don’t we just pack up all the Horde races and exile them to Draenor, or something.

4 Likes

There is no reason to have any Horde settlements in Winterspring. Setting aside the issue of putting the Horde into even more conflict with the Kaldorei, it’s basically inaccessible by land from Orgrimmar. This was even a minor point in the War of Thorns; Saurfang correctly guessed that Everlook received supplies by ground transport along a hidden route from Darkshore through Felwood, because it seemed unlikely that they were getting all of their supplies from other ground routes due to the inaccessibility of their location. Any Horde settlements would have to get supplies by portals or air transport to avoid having to go through Felwood or Moonglade. It’s not worth the logistical effort when no Horde-affiliated factions have any ties to the region, and it would be bad for the current Horde policy of “don’t anger the Kaldorei any further lest they drop an army of Boomkins off of Hyjal Summit right into Orgrimmar.”

As for myself, I dislike the idea of consolidating the factions onto single continents. As Faelia pointed out, it makes the game less rich and interesting, and it also sacrifices the interests of the Kaldorei and Sin’dorei in favor of Stormwind and Orgrimmar. The Kaldorei understandably will never want to completely abandon their holdings in Kalimdor, and the Sin’dorei will not willingly give up the restored Sunwell, especially after all they’ve done to reclaim Quel’Thalas from the Scourge.

9 Likes

It was an attempt at statecraft cultural placement. I think the Frostwolf Clan would fit cosily in Winterspring IF they abandon Alterac to the Stormpike.

And Droite, I thought you said it would be easy money to get Gazlowe to buy the Steamwheedle out and make a huge settlement for goblins and the Horde alike there.

The furbolgs could be safe near that tunnel between Felwood and the Winterspring provinces and on into the Ashenvale.

Eh, I think the absolute last thing the game needs right now is more orcs moving into night elf territory. I don’t think the frostwolves need to move there just because it’s a snowy Kalimdor area.

5 Likes

If they vacated Alterac they would be welcome there. Fair trade.

Why would the Kaldorei give up territory that immediately borders Hyjal Summit in order to benefit humans and dwarves? What do they get out of ceding even more territory to orcs? Why would the Frostwolves want to move from Alterac? They’ve had more than a decade to relocate to Kalimdor and join the orcs in Orgrimmar if they wished and they haven’t done so. If it was just a matter of being somewhere snowy, the Taunka in Northrend have been part of the Horde since Wrath; it would make more sense for current Horde politics for the Frostwolves to look into the possibility of joining up with them and increasing Horde presence in Northrend for the purpose of keeping an eye on the Scourge.

You’re asking for the Alliance to give up a sizable territory they hold outright through the Kaldorei in exchange for peace with one hostile group in a smaller territory surrounded by other groups that the Alliance would still be hostile with. Peace with the Frostwolves wouldn’t affect the fighting with the Crushride ogres or the Syndicate. This arrangement would push the Frostwolves from their home and would reduce Alliance territory, I don’t see how that would make anyone happy.

7 Likes

Alterac and a free-er shot at reclaiming the 7 kingdoms into the Alliance.

A Reclamation.

but the night elf would never gave up their Territorys?

3 Likes

If it’s to the Frostwolves, i think it would be okay. So long as Go’el had control of them. They’re as much led by shamans than warriours. Just that ork clan and the Steamwheedle-to-Bilgewater goblins could begin to make a train from there to Tanaris.

Sky’s the limit, or was before a dead elf broke it .

Amenthes sounds really like a human paladin …

1 Like

I mained as a pally in BFA.

or were you meaning the name?

na, i mean you :wink: you sounds like one, i mean, mosten “human paladins” wanted lordaeron and are ready to sacrifice everything else to get it.

Oh. Yeah there are many Light-affiliated factions that want to actually redeem their land and make new homes there.

I main nowadays a DH and Hunter because I have legendaries on both avatars.

but not as a trade for another race, you know? the night elves should not trade their stuff, because you want lordaeron, if you want lordaeron, you have to sacrifice human stuff.

1 Like

The Nightelves have very little in Winterspring and the Horde kinda need it. There are goblins there. Let then make a train system connecting to Azshara and Orgrimmar so they can terraform Durotar and some or most of the Barrens.

Have Gazlowe but them out I mean.

The Steamwheedle and Ratchet.

the horde didn´t need it, you are lying.

1 Like

It’s a freshwater source so that they can make more farms.

Wherever if they get a train system similar to the gmomish tram way.