Winterspring: Alliance or Horde?

Which has more claim on the region?

The goblins or the Nightelves/Bear dudes?

Either would be pretty dang neat.

Neither. Both. Leave it as it is. That’s my vote. Divided zones are okay.

18 Likes

After the last war Tyrande gave the Horde Azshara as a sign of good faith that they wouldn’t attack or anything and look how that turned out… So screw the Horde, Winterspring belongs to the Night Elves.

26 Likes

Neither is the correct answer. Night Elves have the most recent habitation if you’re desperate to pick, but really, the last thing we need is yet more of the map being painted red or blue.

You can’t give something if you don’t have it. She withdrew her (flimsy and totally unenforceable) claim, nothing more.

16 Likes

I’d like Kalimdor to be neither red or blue. It’s time for Night elven purple with some… Tauren brown?

9 Likes

Winterspring is more of an Alliance zone. Horde can have Stone Talon.

1 Like

Sure. That’s a great way to honor the memory of all the young students they killed there.

9 Likes

The quest implies that the school was already evacuated and only the building was destroyed.

1 Like

If forced to choose, I’d say it’s NE territory, as they control all the surrounding areas.

2 Likes

I haven’t seen any Night Elves in winterspring last time I went there

Then you missed Starfall Village somehow.

9 Likes

Winterspring is historically part of the Kaldorei’s territory surrounding Mount Hyjal. Everlook is a neutral trading town run by the Steamwheedle Cartel, not Bilgewater, and as such is not part of the Horde. If it belongs to either major faction it belongs to the Alliance, but I think it’s more like Kaldorei territory in which the Kaldorei tolerate outsider travelers and trade because it’s useful to do so.

16 Likes

Winterspring is home to the classic Winterspring Frostsaber quests and mount, Alliance only. Have some respect for history.

The Goblins in the zone are also neutral Steamweedle cartel, are they not? The Alliance is more than welcome to Winterspring.

9 Likes

I figured as much. But there’s goblins there already. It’s got a great amount of spring water. That was my only concern: who controls the glacial water source and the large province.

Can dark spear and shatter spear stay? The shatter spear seemed like they were forced to fight/be labor for the horde forces in darkshore and us darkspear are just super chill and kinda just want to stay on our islands

1 Like

its “Contested” for a reason :P.

It’s not Alliance-only, unless they’ve changed it. I got one on this character way back during BC or WotLK.

Edit: My bad, I guess I’m wrong about that.

It’s definitely an Alliance zone if it belongs to anyone. Horde doesn’t have any settlements there.

4 Likes

Neutral. Dividing the entire world between just two factions with no room for anything else makes the world feel artificial and boring.

12 Likes

DING DING DING DING

We have a winner ladies and gentleman!

2 Likes