Wintergrasp Removal strawpoll

It’s the vehicles that gets the most kills in this BG.

1 Like

I just put a link on mmo-champion forums.

something needs to be done about this BG, fix it or remove it!

Got over 300 votes the link I put up on mmo-champion keep up the good work.

2 Likes

sadly it’ll probably take thousands of votes for them to listen. but they took Strands out without a vote. makes sense blizzard!

3 Likes

I made a PvP Vendor in 8.2 straw poll way before Stoopzz took and made a video about PvP Vendors. I may have started the movement but Stoopzz took it to a whole other level and I’m glad he did because we got PvP vendors back. When the PvP community comes together, it can get done.

Here is the link to the PvP Vendors post we got 3,754 votes.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/pvp-vendors-in-82-straw-poll/150665

2 Likes

It doesn’t need a removal. What it needs is a total rework that removes the insane benefits that Defense has in comparison to O.

I kind of wish I had put that in there for option 3. The bottom line for me there’s just too many vehicles in this BG and they do way too much damage to players.

1 Like

We got 335 votes and some good suggestions keep on coming.

Up to 452 keep it up.

The post I put up on mmo-champion is getting a lot of hits very close now. I’m glad everyone getting a chance to voice their opinion whether it goes my way or not.

Just out of curiosity, can you see how many votes came from mmo, vs bnet? Curious how much more of an audience they have.

On topic: I would rather them bring back black listing bgs, rather than removal of content.

1 Like

I did not set up an account I just did the free version I do not think there is a way to cheek it.

I don’t like removing anything, we don’t have too many 40 man BGs as it stands, but it definitely needs rebalancing.

The main problem of this BG is that it snowballs against the attack quickly. If defense has vehicles rolling, there is nothing a disorganized attack can do. While the defense can still do something to slow the attack down.

So the attack needs to be able to build vehicles easier, maybe have minimum amount, like defense. Maybe have bonus to workshop capture.

you need an option to fix wintergrasp. its a problem atm because its severely bugged and the vehicle damage is out of whack.

addon my suggestions in the epic feedback thread that even WGE approved last year to do things like remove the timer and make Def win the game when the towers are destroyed and it will play more like the other epics.

2 Likes

If you make the offense defend the towers, the offense would have to keep so many back to defend, they wouldn’t be able to attack.

Now… if there was some sort of balance where it took an equal amount of effort to break through the three fortress walls as it did with taking down the three towers you’d be on to something. As it is, if you have anything less than two mirrored attack points, the advantage is always going to be with the defense.

I do agree with you and I wish I had put something like that in there.

I just hope that no one has hacked into this an screwing with the votes because it has made drastic turn.

we accounted for that, im using an oversimplification of the original idea. essentially it forces both teams to split between D and O similar to AV.

other changes needed are the elimination of rank to build, SR and BT start neutral, tower cannons ranged fixed so they can’t hit SR (maybe SR needs to be moved), defender base workshops capturable or EP and WP non-capturable, number of buildable vehicles per workshop reduced to 2, seiges need to be buffed so they are the best breach option and not demos.

Bring back the OG WG where you can destroy workshops and actually give offense a fighting chance. Also Tenacity for the team losing terribly

Don’t remove it, just rework it.

As it stands the offense team is so disadvantaged that I truly cannot blaim many for either up and leaving at the start or just afking the bg away.

There’s literally no incentive for the offense team. You either stay and be regulated to a punching bag for 45 minutes for the defense team or you leave and take the 15 minute debuff. The debuff is more appealing than the 45 minutes of hell.

Original wg was good in the regard that it favored offense which is how its supposed too be. Offense would always have the biggest advantage due to attacking and if defense wanted to keep the fortress then they had to try.

Instead we have a buffed up defense where half the defense team either sits on tower canons blasting away and the other half takes one or two catapults and proceeds to roast the offense team alive.

1 Like