Windrunner Reconciliation?

Out of nowhere? She was a pretty big part of both the Marksman Legendary and was part of the Suramar questing experience. Not to mention her sister, who she was tracking, was in Argus, of course she would show up.

2 Likes

Not for Horde.

Legion is just the expansion where Blizzard just wrote the Horde out of the game for 2 years.

(Not that things were much better in Shadowlands. Or Dragonflight.)

2 Likes

You know that she gives BOTH factions the same speech:

You see here when Illidan kills Gul’dan:

Elisande does, but Vereesa is just standing there for us. Not really a part of our questing experience.

Cool so a blink and you miss it back of her head.

Poor Vereesa. Extras in movies get better.

3 Likes

Dude… WHAT THE HELL.

Vereesa has NO LINES in that cutscene AND HER NAME ISN’T EVEN MENTIONED.

And we’re supposed to memorize who she is even without any basic info like… HER NAME?

And know who she is months later when we go to Argus?

The self-centeredness of Alliance players never ceases to amaze me. I mean… yeah, THE ENTIRE GAME is focused on your faction, and has been for a few years now, but that you guys even try to DENY it just never ceases to amaze me.

“You should know who she is even though she’s never mentioned because… SHE’S ALLIANCE! YEAH!”

4 Likes

Why?
10 characters

Neither are Liadrin or Tyrande. As I mentioned prior, Vereesa has been part of more expansions then most other faction leaders. Your ignorance of that is…just ignorance.

She is in the nightborne camp probably doing one of the most interesting things there, namely taking pot shots at Rommath.

And yet I knew who Liadrin was. Not to mention, a good chunk of Legion becomes retroactive Horde story considering both nightborne and high mountain join the Horde.

5 Likes

Heads up, im pretty certain most of the forms has that guy blocked.
One of those “takes the made up video game teams” way too far kind.

He will literally give you a different response if you switch to a Horde character.

1 Like

I know one of the Windrunners, I think Veressa, shows up in one of the Time Rift events as a mini-boss. If I remember correctly they credit her as Lich Queen.

Yeah she shows us as a mini-boss on the field as “the banshee queen”. A timeline where Sylvanas’ fate hit her instead.

But that in itself is a great example of the issue with this character. She’s only ever used as representation/support of the other sisters, or for very niche or amusing things, or to represent antagonism towards the blood elves (which has all but faded out).

At this point, what is the goal or purpose of this character? Void elves have taken up the Thalassian mantle on the Alliance and blood elves have softened over the years. Dalaran is no longer factionalised. Rhonin, her once anchor, is dead and gone. Peace is being upkept. Why not change her up to a mission of returning home and revitalising and cleansing the land with the other exiles?

I do remember getting quests and then WQs from Lady Liadrin. But that’s probably not the case Alliance side. Although I thought the WQs at least stayed the same?

Pretty sure the world quests are neutral because I remember getting Aethas infamous quest about his stolen muffin on Zerde.

Just a clarification, but Vereesa has twin boys.

I got at least 1 WQ from that BA pally, and it was when this toon was alliance (though I did play horde a majority of Legion). It was in Suramar where you have ta’ murder nightborne loyal to elisande who are attempting to track down rebels.

1 Like

Yes, Liadrin routinely asked us to put up posters.

“Let them know that Help Is On The Way!”

4 Likes

Let’s all agree Legion was obviously heavily Alliance based. I even remember hardcore Alliance fans admitting as much, along with “you deserve this” but…we will ignore that part.

The few times Horde characters got involved was when we would see glimpses of Sylvanas being “mysterious plots” in Stormheim, and Liadrin marshalling forces outside and giving us a quest for posters now and again. I think also Saurfang had a moment of regret and honour as a warrior for losing at the broken shore, and went Leroy Jenkins on some demons.

In terms of the overall main story and importance? They had all of….1% input…maybe less.

Every time I saw it come up in BfA & Shadowlands, Alliance players insisted that Legion was “balanced”.

2 Likes

Odd. At first some did. Afterwards the more hardcore fans began saying that Horde had their spotlight and it was their turn.

WoD was very Orc based but it felt more about Nostalgia to the old games, rather than Horde. We all knew who Gul’dan, Nerzhul, Blackhand, etc was. We cool to see them.

Yes an expansion where we spend all our time killing Orcs is obviously Horde-biased.

:roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I’m sorry but they can’t really do a windrunner reunion without Sylvanas, just gotta wait till everyone forgets she got made a puppet and played for a fool and maybe Alleria will be more interested in letter her sister come home. I mean Vereesa looks conflicted and like her heart aches seeing her sister forced to go to the maw, Alleria not so much so despite Blizz truly doing a thing where it looks like they blamed all the bad stuff Sylvanas did on the banshee queen she used to be. That whole cinematic of her scolding her evil self for everything she did while in control… god Shadowlands was a headache of an expansion. For all i know people are going to false flag me for mentioning sylvanas at all but I think it’d be nice if Alleria at some point forgives her sister… several expansions down the road if need be but the two windrunners left getting to be happy and return to quel’thalas and such… would just be…bitter sweet. Bitter sweet and enough for me to just stop playing blood elves entirely as it’d just rub me the wrong way.

That’s gonna be a hot minute coming, because Sylvie’s got a geological era’s worth of Maw dailies to finish before she can participate.

2 Likes