[Win 7] Error #132 or missing DLL on launch after patch 10.0

there are updates happening so hopefully there will be one for this.

1 Like

Yes Error 132. Game will not run. Telling me to pointlessly reinstall.

2 Likes

Yep, may as well jump in here too, same error, Windows 7. Tried the driver command line change in the game settings from the launcher (the gear icon), did not work. I was running the game perfectly yesterday. I hope they do fix this. Until then I can’t play, or I’ll have to work on backing up my screenshots and then attempting to upgrade to Windows 10 without messing up any other programs. :frowning:

1 Like

Same Here. None of the extensions work. Win 7 also.

They have to be aware of this by now. Ut theybarent giving any sort of advice or update on them knowing its an issue

1 Like

Commenting for additional visibility to the thread. Also running Windows 7. The command prompts offered above didn’t work for me either.

Also tried reinstalling the API-MS-WIN-CORE-PATH-L1-1-0.DLL file and installing Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2019. Nothing worked.

Will just hope Blizz patches it because I’d really like to not have to upgrade my OS. Was looking to buy a new PC in the near future anyway so this may just push me to do it.

3 Likes

Just added a virus scan, entire system cleanup and defrag to the mix because why not. The game still doesn’t launch, but my computer is clean as a whistle. :smiley::neutral_face:

1 Like

Many complains in win 7. But im win 10 pro here and same issue. Must have to do with my old graphic card. DX legacy fix did not do anything either. On my MacMini wow launches fine.
Anyone fixed this by reinstalling the game?

1 Like

I’m wondering if the graphics card ram has something to do with it? It says 3gb video ram maybe some are running on 2gb? I’m having the same problem and according to canirunit it says i can’t run dragonflight but I can run Shadowlands they up’d the video card ram requirements.

1 Like

Nothing i did seem to work?

-Delete wtf folder - Nothing
-Copy paste -d3d11legacy into game settings - Nothing
-Uninstall and Reinstall wow - Nothing

WoW was working fine on my windows 7 before the patch? I’m just waiting on a blue post at this point!

What’s the ram on your video card?

I think the game is broken for win 7 players.

1 Like

there are some win10 people with issues too and the os min requirement is win 7 still

1 Like

Edit: Got it working by updating my Nvidia graphics card!

wrong for me

It’s clearly a win 7 issue for retail. I’m able to play Classic

1 Like

Same here, Classic seems good, retail is messed up. BTW I started another thread on this same topic, because this thread has been marked as having a solution.

I don’t want Blizz thinking this has been solved when it hasn’t. Oh and as mentioned earlier in the thread it is also effecting some Win 10 users.

2 Likes

same type of error
ull errors are as follows:

1st error is as follows:
World of Warcraft: Wow.exe - System Error
(X) The program can’t start because api-ms-win-core-com-I1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
(OK Button)

2nd error is as follows:
Wow
(X) This application has encountered a critical error:
ERROR #132 (0x85100084) Fatal exception!

Program C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft_retail_\Wow.exe
ProcessID: 4116
ThreadID: 5048
Exception: ACCESS_VIOLATION

The instruction at “0x00000001418f126a” referenced memory at “0x0000000000000020”.
The memory could not be “read”.

Press OK to terminate the application

(OK Button)

1 Like

Hopefully we get a little patch today to fix it

1 Like

It’s good to see I’m not alone, its sad to have no reply from devs

4 Likes