[Win 7] Error #132 or missing DLL on launch after patch 10.0

Is anyone else getting this when they try to launch?

Very aware maintenance is happening but never seen this error when I try to launch the game before. Thanks.

6 Likes

yes I do have the same error since they started Maintenance

I have the same problem since last night

That’s a relief… was worried I had a corrupted driver or something on my end

I have the same issue. I was in the Beta and I started getting that error several weeks ago and it looks like it did not get fixed for release …

2 Likes

I had the exact same problem in beta a few weeks ago when I tried logging in. Didn’t think twice about it cuz I didn’t care that much but if it got carried to retail that’s going to suck… makes sense now.

yeah… yesterday I installed PTR in my folder for the first time, and I had a similar error, its not the exact same thing but very close. I did not worry too much then as I could still play normal retail. But if it carries something similar to retail after maintenance, kinda sucks.

1 Like

I just updated my machine and I am getting this same error.

Full errors are as follows:

1st error is as follows:
World of Warcraft: Wow.exe - System Error
(X) The program can’t start because api-ms-win-core-com-I1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
(OK Button)

2nd error is as follows:
Wow
(X) This application has encountered a critical error:
ERROR #132 (0x85100084) Fatal exception!

Program C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft_retail_\Wow.exe
ProcessID: 2288
ThreadID: 3672
Exception: ACCESS_VIOLATION

The instruction at “0x00000001418f126a” referenced memory at “0x0000000000000020”.
The memory could not be “read”.

Press OK to terminate the application

(OK Button)

12 Likes

Exact same issue here, every time I try to launch. First I get the missing .dll error, then ERROR #132. It just started today, the game was running fine last night.

8 Likes

Go in to your game settings and change the Directx12 back to 11 or 11 legacy… that fixed it for me. On a older machine myself.

How did you do this without getting into the game to change the settings? is there a way to change that without loading the game?

Edit: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/56554
Found this article on how to do it out of game. Tried both 11 and 11 legacy with no luck. not sure what else to try.

3 Likes

I had to set my DX to -d3d11legacy in Game Settings to get it to load. Strange it only started today…

Well here’s hoping this gets resolved.

Another forum thread said that this might be a windows 7 issue and that windows 7 while being listed as the min OS for Dragonflight may not actually be supported.

1 Like

Having Windows 7 here, it could be.

1 Like

Anyone tried re-installing…? if it fixes this for windows 7 folks

I’m on windows 7, trying to help my bro get his going, but i was actually able to get to the log in screen and change the settings back to Dx11 legacy, I got the error at first when i pressed play on the blizzard app, but when i closed the error the wow login screen still turned on for me after my screen flickered black a few times… idk why.

1 Like

Gonna wait for the inevitable “upgrade to Windows 10”. If I can run it in DX11 legacy mode, so be it. I won’t notice much difference in graphics display.

3 Likes

I reinstalled and it didn’t fix. Windows 7 as well. I just started getting the error today. I ran the game just fine yesterday.

1 Like

I think a reinstall is a drastic action, which is why I didn’t do it. For me, using legacy DX worked. The thought of having to redownload the entire game has me hurling daggers at the screen.

1 Like

I certainly didn’t want to! Hopefully it will prevent someone from the going through the trouble, though.

I didn’t know “legacy” was an option. Just 11 didn’t work for me, but I’ll try legacy as soon as I get home.