[Win 7] Error #132 or missing DLL on launch after patch 10.0

Hmm and have you tried manually installing the missing dll file and/or installing the VISUAL C++ REDISTRIBUTABLE FOR VISUAL STUDIO 2019? Heres a 3 minute youtube video guide on how to do that. If you’ve done that, then i’d probably just wait for blizzard to release the new client update patch

1 Like

I upgraded on my pc with a download (the media creation tool, selected “upgrading this pc” option. I downloaded it all through my cell plan on my phone (it took nearly all my data but I was desperate!) I did lose connection a few times but reconnected. It seems once it has all the files, and it’s ready to install, it’s happy without a connection because I took my phone to the bedroom to sleep.

Here is the error. I don’t have a missing .dll. I have confirmed that the d3d12core.dll is present, current (updated 09.22.2022), however, that is where the error is occurring.

Oh brother, that’s a completely different missing dll file than we’re getting. Here try this video guide:
Let me know if it works.

You finally make it work psy?

1 Like

Nope, still waiting for Blizzard to release the client update fix

2 Likes

Oh I definitely feel you, I did everything I could try even the blue post suggestions, beta suggestions, etc. I love Windows 7. I tried everything I could find but I got desperate so I went for it.

BUT, I see they have posted that they are working on a fix! So that is awesome!! So I hope everyone who wants to stay on 7 can enjoy the game on 7 :slight_smile: Sending happy thoughts!

5 Likes

I guess my definition of soon is different from their definition of soon lol i was expincting an hour or 2

8 Likes

never trust their definition of soon, they cant even stick to their maintenance times most of the time

2 Likes

I can play every game i have.
steam works fine.
diablo works fine.
wow litch works fine.
hearthstone works fine.
this error was seen 2 months ago atleast on beta…so they have know about it for months.
they lie and told us win 7 was going to be supported …i would have had this worked around a month ago. now blizz im just sitting here getting more upset and more upset.

4 Likes

watching our game time slowly fade away lol

2 Likes

It did not work for me.

1 Like

Ya pretty upsetting. Even apps that you dont pay for give you a compensation for downtime. We pay for this or some do. I currently dont i use in game tokens. Some downtime is normal but so far 2 days with no resolution now and no estimated time is frustrating.

7 Likes

Do we have an ETA of the Client update?
If this is a fatal error, what is the process to get a refund for the cost of DF? !!

2 Likes

Ive been playing off and on since 2006 and seeing all these problems plus having this error myself with zero eta on when it could be up, they say its highest priority but already has done an update with no fix or even an attempt at a fix it seems, makes me want to also get a refund for my pre purchase and just be done after SL leaving such a bad taste and DF starting this poorly it dosent look good.

2 Likes

there was suppose to be one this morning but apparently it didn’t happen?

2 Likes

They pushed a build to the PTR about 2 hours ago that seems to have fixed the issue for me on Win 10 since it’s the first time in 3-4 weeks that I’ve been able to launch the PTR client since this error started showing up. Hopefully they push these fixes to Live & Beta soon™

2 Likes

The new build 10.0.0.46340 is now live and working for me on Win 10.

GAME IS WORKING FOR WINDOWS 7! NEW PATCH IS OUT! Woooo

2 Likes

Finally…I can play…for now at least…yay! (windows 7)

1 Like