[Win 7] Error #132 or missing DLL on launch after patch 10.0

I also had that error show up and yes running Win 7.

I updated my video card drivers, and ran the d11 legacy fix in the cmd line, and all for “graphic card not supported”. Ugh. I have a GT 610.

I know I’m running on a potato and should have looked at the new requirements better, but I saw Win 7 and skimmed over them. So now I’m outta luck unless I buy a new machine - I’m at the max for operating system and hardware.

I wouldn’t be surprised for those running the GTX 580, 650 and 780, you will end up with the “video card not supported” once the dll problem is fixed.

I just wish Blizz wouldn’t “artifically” prevent people from running the game on old potatos. I always run on super low settings even if the computer has way more capability. If my card burns up and it wasn’t supported by Blizz so be it - I won’t blame them. Just let me try at least.

1 Like

But what if it doesn’t burn up. What if it runs, kinda, but maybe causes crashes, or switches to slide show mode, or blanks out at unfortunate times? I suspect you would blame Blizzard plenty, and if not you, certainly thousands of potato-PC Andys will.

The published minimum is published and enforced to prevent wasting Technical Support’s time.

1 Like

I had that same error and installed the missing .dll files required, but i got the same error 132 with api-ms-win-downlevel-kernel32-l2-1-0.dll missing from my computer. I’m currently trying to update my video card driver to see if that gets me in but from other posts it might be a wait and see thing for us Windows 7 users.

Still not working for me…still get the same missing .dll error…so nothing’s been fixed it seems… :frowning:

Still not working for me either

windows 11 here started i got an error in a BG then when i tried to launch battle net it now gives me a missing DLL

Wtb Patch for this bug thanks.

1 Like

Hey all,

We’re aware of a bug affecting WoW on Windows 7 systems which is causing the game to crash with Error #132 or causing an “api-ms-win-core-com-l1-1-0.dll is missing” error on launch. Our WoW team will be releasing a new client update soon which should resolve this.

In the meantime forcing the game to launch in DirectX 11 Legacy should work around the problem as others have shared. I’ll post the steps again in case anyone has not seen them in previous posts.

1. Start the Battle.net app
  2. Select the WoW game icon at the top
  3. Click on the Options icon (next to the Play button) and select Game Settings
  4. Check the box “Additional command line arguments”
  5. In the new text box, type the following command:
    -d3d11legacy
  6. Click Done at the bottom to save the changes, then hit Play to launch the game again.

It is also a good idea to update graphics drivers if you haven’t already, to make sure the game runs smoothly
Once the client update is released with the bug fix please feel free to go back in and remove the command line argument. We will post an update in this thread once the update goes out that includes the fix.

Lastly, please note that Error #132 is a generic error. This forum thread is specifically for Windows 7 users encountering this crash on launch. If you are not on Windows 7 but you’re experiencing Error #132 crashes please try the steps in our Error 132 troubleshooting article and create a new thread with your DXDIAG report. Thanks!

6 Likes

That work around did not work for me. I really do hope you guys do release a fix for this huge bug…but that was said before…I think… and nothing has helped yet.

But before I forget thanks for at least acknowledging there is still a big problem for windows 7 users!

3 Likes

This worked, thank you.

Thank you for the update!!!

did not work for me :frowning:

This is happening to me as of today in Wintergrasp.

1 Like

Still not working for me!

Hey Jambrix, thank you very much for the information. Unfortunantely the work-around didnt work for me. I will be waiting for the new client update :slight_smile: Thanks!

I am having the same exact issue on windows 11.
Deleted everything (interface, wtf) no fix
Updated drivers to the latest version, no fix
Uninstalled wow completely and reinstalled fresh, no fix.

Yo Bliz, this just started a few days prior to DF release, ie after one of your background patches. What is the fix?

1 Like

Same! Ashran was fine, every other facet of the game is working fine except while in Wintergrasp the game froze up and gave me this error. Weird. I used the workaround to be able to play, but for some reason Wintergrasp gives this error at some point.

Just to be counted, still not working for me after trying the workaround; thanks though for the attempt and at least acknowledging the situation. Hope the next update is soon!

2 Likes

Have you tried all these steps since you don’t have windows 7?

1. Update your drivers and operating system to resolve any compatibility issues.

2. Reset your user interface to make sure your files and addons are not corrupted.

3. Close all other applications to resolve software conflicts and free up resources.

4. Update or temporarily uninstall any security programs, which may mistakenly identify the login module as a security threat.

5. Overheating can cause performance issues, game crashes, and full computer lockups. Check for overheating components.

6. If the problem persists, [uninstall and reinstall the game]

I have done all that including uninstalling wow completely and doing a fresh install.

With that done, no addons installed at all, no wtf, just raw brand new wow, I crash on exiting the game.