Will zandal and KTs be available on jan 22

They didn’t have to pay extra and were given it as a bonus though, so you can still argue it was free in the sense they weren’t having to do/pay anything additional. (Also in the same boat of how I got it, pun completely intended).

2 Likes

I paid for my sub and then a month later they sent me a mount in the mail as a free thank you for being a loyal customer. I paid nothing extra for it. You do understand the entire concept of “free with purchase of something else”? Maybe stop hating just for hatred’s sake?

1 Like

They “gave” you the mount because you paid for 180 days of game time within 30 days of the announcement of the promotion. If it was actually “a free thank you for being a loyal customer,” everyone with an active six-month sub would have received it. There was either a legal reason that required them to do so or they just felt it would be a bad PR move if they didn’t provide some sort of grace period.

If the requirement to get something is paying money, the thing isn’t free.

I’m sorry you consider consumer advocacy to be hatred.

2 Likes

Why do you claim they were “finished” months ago? Do you have some secret info? Or are you just imagining this in your head, so it must be true.

I have known since Blizzcn 2017 (November 2017) that KTH would become playable around early 2019. The schedule has not changed in over a year. Just because you want it sooner means nothing – nothing to Blizzard, and nothing to me.

They aren’t “withholding” anything. They have things “scheduled”. That’s different.

1 Like

They already said what rep you need for KT and Zandalari…the reps we already have for their main cities.

Nothing makes me more mad in wow than artificial timegates like these. ALL races should be available from launch of an expansion.

DONT DO THIS AGAIN

I’m personally getting a little annoyed.

I accepted that the Zandalari/KTs weren’t available on launch, we still had the new zones to get through and also had the other allied races to play with.

I accepted that they weren’t available until 8.1, that just gave us time to grind reputation at our leisure.

I accepted that they weren’t available the new raid came out, that gave us time to actually prepare for said raid.

Now I’m hearing it won’t be until 8.1.5, which won’t be until like at least yet another while. I haven’t minded waiting, it’s just getting frustrated to keep hearing “wait until x” only to hear “wait until y” once x rolls around.

3 Likes

This was answered back in the AMA.

I don t really care about AMA and justifications for bad decisions…I am sharing my disapointment with artificial time gates for races that did not necessitate time gates. It is still ok to not be happy about things Blizzard does right? I mean sharing disapointment is still ok right?

I loved reading this. Thanks for fighting the good fight and being a voice of reason.

1 Like

Zandalari were said to release at launch back at Blizzcon 2017.

They were finished during the Beta, and have just been pushed back repeatedly for obvious reasons. (Carrot on a Stick).

Oh well I saw a question in your statement so I was letting you know where you could get the answer. Of course its okay to have your feelings of disappointment.

This guy gets it.

I have little doubt that Kul Tirans/Zandalari will be the new “Dreadwake mount” since we have no reason to assume any other meaningful content will come out before April. They’ll fluff up earnings for the new quarter and Blizzard will pat themselves on the back for a job well done.

If by finished, you mean unable to mount, broken hair and unable to speak Zandali then ok.

They’re not finished.

Finished as in their models and Heritage Armor. The other stuff can be fixed relatively easily. I’m almost certain that they will be fixed by next week’s build.

How old are you? Seriously. Because the concept of “Free gift with purchase” has been around for over 70 years since Estée Lauder pioneered is in 1946.

It’s a concept that when you make a certain minimum purchase, you get something additional at no additional cost.

So yes, the mount was free because we did not pay more than a 6 month game “card” would cost at any other time.

Sorry you consider using basic math “shilling”.

No, it’s not “advocacy”. It’s trolling… and not very good at that.

And the see you later bundle was just a holiday sale. Not a Disney gimmick designed to make certain people panic that these virtual goods may not be available for a while.

There are several tactics they are using to inflate their numbers. If sub numbers are lacking they simply turn to milking their current player base to make up for it.

This expansion can’t stand too well on its own because max level content is not that engaging or rewarding.

I’ve already taken a two month break.

I pre paid for this expansion and feel I got swindled. They’re getting really good at dangling that carrot and making it seem like they’re going to give you something you want. I wonder if more money is being spent on how to market these things to us than there is spent on actually developing it.

Nothing is free. They didn’t give it to you out of the goodness of their heart. They used a mount to manipulate people into buying more game time than they probably would have… at a time that was good for the company.

Now it seems as though the real feature of this expansion will be time gated to coincide with the “free boat” subscriptions expiring.

A little of my faith will be restored in Blizz if they come out sooner… but I’m not too hopeful anymore.

1 Like

Then I guess they hired Miss Cleo or Dion Warwick’s Psychic Friends as developers because they planned the promotion 3 months before 8.0 rolled…

In essence. Blizz popped the question and put a ring on (locked it down with part of their loyal playerbase) at a time when the there is normally a bit of problem with player retention. It just probably felt like more of a desperate move because a lot of people had already left and were unhappy at that point.

Yes, they planned it. They knew when the best time was for them to offer this promotion. There were no psychics involved, just marketing professionals.

Oh, look, I was absolutely right.

In case you were wondering, sinkyboat six month promotion went live on September 19.

The monetization scheme of this game is just gross. It’s like playing an Excel spreadsheet.

1 Like