Will zandal and KTs be available on jan 22

Or are there more timegates to be expected. I am getting tired of these artificial time gates to play diff characters.

Don t do this anymore Blizzard…seriously no more of this time gating crap for non raid content

1 Like

No, not this patch. Just got put on the PTR

Most likely will not see them till the last lfr wing is opened or sometime in March

1 Like

Gotta wait for the dreadwake 6-month subscriptions to expire first

20 Likes

It will be if you do the normal raid.

1 Like

yeah they just hit PTR… I would say minimum March.

You mean the promotion that was datamined in May of 2018? Three months before BFA released?

4 Likes

Don’t you try to use your logic here! Our tin-foil hats are immune to that!

3 Likes

It really doesn’t matter when it was datamined, only when it was implemented and when it will end.

Everyone’s six months will be up in March/April (depending on when they bought in), which coincides with the start of a new fiscal quarter. They’ll need to have something new and shiny ready or WoW engagement numbers will likely decline.

Waiting until then to release the next bath of allied races makes financial sense. It’s a crummy business practice, but that’s video games 2019 for you.

12 Likes

Looking like whenever 8.1.5 hits.

1 Like

Yeah… a promotion, datamined in May of 2018, which was unveiled on September 19th.

And what did this promotion entail? Oh yeah… a Pirate Ship Mount

And what day is September 19th? Oh yeah… International TALK LIKE A PIRATE DAY.

4 Likes

Cool, now can you explain to me how a six-month subscription is related to pirates?

They could have sold the ship without the subscription in September. They chose not to. These financial decisions are not random coin-flips.

1 Like

Well we did ask them to be more transparent. In a way this is?

Zandalari’s and the KT’s were the FIRST allied race shown that would be in BFA. Besides the original 4, they were advertised as part of the expansion.

6 months later and they’re only now being put on the PTS. Ion and his team of hyena’s are scummy and I really do hope they go down the drain. They have no reason to withhold a finished race for this long except for more $$$

2 Likes

I assume they will be available 8.1.5 on release but I am sure their is some rep grind associated with them since Blizzard is obsessed with this stuff right now.

I mean you could argue lore reasons needed to be established first and they wanted to follow that.

So what? MAUs are reported for the quarter, not to mention the fact that in their Annual Reports, they specifically state MAUs can spike in relation to content releases.

So you’re basically accusing Blizzard of deliberately stacking things to cause rises in MAUs when they literally tell their investors such spikes are factored out?

I hope you’re doing some stretching and mobility exercises for your shoulder, because you’re going to really hurt it with how much you’re reaching.

It’s not. The mount is. If you wanted the Pirate Ship mount released on International Talk Like a Pirate Day, you simply had to pay for 5 months of game time and get the mount and a 6th month free. Or you have to wait for it to come to the store and pay $25 for it.

You didn’t think Blizzard was just going to give it to you now, did you? :laughing:

Yes… and if you bothered to do the math, you’d know that Blizzard took in less money for the promotion.

Subscription Type Cost Mount Total
30 day $89.94 $25 $114.94
90 day $83.94 $25 $108.94
180 day $77.94 $0 $77.94

Active subscriptions are no longer reported to investors. Therefore the number itself is meaningless. And a subscription does not equal an MAU.

There is… Zandalari Empire & Proudmore Admiralcy. In case you haven’t noticed, both factions have been in the game since the expansion launched so the vast majority of people already have it done…

1 Like

If they don’t have content to release in April (when the next fiscal quarter begins), there will be no spike at all. Sounds like a really good time to release something that people want, no? I think we’re on the same page here.

Again, six month subscriptions have nothing to do with pirates. Blizzard decided at that point that it made sense to try to lock people in for six months and tied a mount and a subscription offer together.

Also, LOL at “6th month free.” Nice shill.

You see, shillerina, the problem with this logic is it assumes that everybody would have subscribed for six months anyway, instead of unsubbing and waiting for new content to show up again. If you even casually browse the forums you see a lot of folks with buyer’s remorse over that particular campaign. They made money by keeping people around longer than they would have otherwise.

People sitting on six-month subscriptions are more likely to log in than people without subscriptions, boosting MAU.

And yet, we still don’t have them… wonder why?

Let’s revisit this thread when the release date is announced. We’ll have a good laugh and you can apologize for being wrong.

1 Like

Because as I stated lore. Not that hard to understand.

1 Like

They cant even ride mounts right now and you want them with the raid?