Will zandal and KTs be available on jan 22

How old are you? Seriously. Because the concept of “Free gift with purchase” has been around for over 70 years since Estée Lauder pioneered is in 1946.

It’s a concept that when you make a certain minimum purchase, you get something additional at no additional cost.

So yes, the mount was free because we did not pay more than a 6 month game “card” would cost at any other time.

Sorry you consider using basic math “shilling”.

No, it’s not “advocacy”. It’s trolling… and not very good at that.

And the see you later bundle was just a holiday sale. Not a Disney gimmick designed to make certain people panic that these virtual goods may not be available for a while.

There are several tactics they are using to inflate their numbers. If sub numbers are lacking they simply turn to milking their current player base to make up for it.

This expansion can’t stand too well on its own because max level content is not that engaging or rewarding.

I’ve already taken a two month break.

I pre paid for this expansion and feel I got swindled. They’re getting really good at dangling that carrot and making it seem like they’re going to give you something you want. I wonder if more money is being spent on how to market these things to us than there is spent on actually developing it.

Nothing is free. They didn’t give it to you out of the goodness of their heart. They used a mount to manipulate people into buying more game time than they probably would have… at a time that was good for the company.

Now it seems as though the real feature of this expansion will be time gated to coincide with the “free boat” subscriptions expiring.

A little of my faith will be restored in Blizz if they come out sooner… but I’m not too hopeful anymore.

1 Like

Then I guess they hired Miss Cleo or Dion Warwick’s Psychic Friends as developers because they planned the promotion 3 months before 8.0 rolled…

In essence. Blizz popped the question and put a ring on (locked it down with part of their loyal playerbase) at a time when the there is normally a bit of problem with player retention. It just probably felt like more of a desperate move because a lot of people had already left and were unhappy at that point.

Yes, they planned it. They knew when the best time was for them to offer this promotion. There were no psychics involved, just marketing professionals.

Oh, look, I was absolutely right.

In case you were wondering, sinkyboat six month promotion went live on September 19.

The monetization scheme of this game is just gross. It’s like playing an Excel spreadsheet.

1 Like