Will you "need" on gear you can't use, then sell it?

You are ultimately forgetting that the mememememe mymymymymy’ers are are the majority of the playerbase now and will be the playerbase of classic too…

Yes, classic is going to draw people back that haven’t played in multiple expansions. The number? Probably not anywhere near as many as many as you think. True vanilla junkies are going to make up maybe 15% of the classic population for at least a few months until the playercount dwindles. Even after that, they might be a third of the population. Though that’s plenty enough to form their own closed circuit guilds that they will have to do everything with. Outside of that, if they are pugging with randoms, it will likely be the modern mindset for BoE rules aka mostly free for all.

No.

Needing on something just to sell it is rude, selfish, and petty regardless if it’s a pug or not. Behavior like this will earn you a reputation on your server right quick.

3 Likes

I agree that there MAY be more self centered retailers initially.

I would be surprised if that lasted more than a few months, though.

I expect that the vast majority of those self centered retailers will not last. I expect that the lack of conveniences and not being handed gear like candy will be something that will not sit well with more than a few retailers.

I think that it may take a few months, but the Classic community oriented mindset will eventually supplant the “me, me, me” self centered retail mindset.

1 Like

BOP gear? No I’m not a psychopath.

BOE? Yeah, I think everyone should need every BOE. Everyone can buy or sell boe’s. Why does the group have to lose money because you are poopoo geared.

1 Like

I think if a BOE epic drops its free game to need. YOu need to be clear before anyone rolls. if everyone needs then it stops ninja’s

This situation must apply to you or else you wouldn’t be talking about running dungeons with non-guildies. The PUGs you attempt to sign up with will learn of this behaviour and reject your admission.

Therefore quite obviously you will be advising group from the get go of your intent and suggest everyone need on BoE items too right?

1 Like

BOE Epic might be a good time to burn a few bridges. lol

might wanna learn how layering is going to work there Chad.

see, thanks to layers you couldn’t even get my name right. far too many people on the forums for you to remember every poster you disagree with

The instructions are right there in the name “Need/Greed”. Just because a spoon isn’t called an bottom penetration device doesn’t mean it can’t be one. Everyone knows the idea behind a spoon is to shovel food.

BoE blues or higher, everyone should roll need. BoE lower than blue or BoP items should be need on that character, then greed if not.

State it at the start of the run and then it’s clear.

1 Like

Feel free to push it, but when the other four dungeoners say no, what are you going to do?

tell that to asmongold who became the most famous ninja.

This right here. OP, if a BoE drops and the common etiquette is for everyone to need so everyone has an equal shot, I’m going to need it. If somebody wants it as an upgrade they can buy it from me.

As far as I know loot trading will only exist in instanced content with a lockout. Nobody will be needing BoPs and then reselling to party members who need the upgrade.

And the person that simply intends to sell that BOE should, IMO, be rolling GREED, since he does not intend to use the item.

I see a lot of selfish, self centered retail players trying to justify and defend their selfishness in these threads.

Hopefully, they learn quickly that that kind of attitude can bite them in the posterior.

Is a little gold today worth potentially finding yourself unable to find groups and possibly even without a guild?

5 Likes

This will probably happen for a while. Then most of the kids will leave and the ones left that do this will find themselves ostracized by the community and they will find it very difficult to find a group that will accept them.

That’s the beauty of not have an automatic queue system. No more anonymity for bad behavior and reputations matter.

3 Likes

Push it? No. Discuss it? Yes.

Sure, in a perfect world people would do that. However, there are many people who will roll need on stuff they intend to sell. The best way to avoid that is for everyone to roll need. At least then if you win it you can give it to the person who will use it.

Or just run with people you trust 100% to follow your same code.

The “greed” option probably shouldn’t exist. Instead there should just be “need” or “not need”. If you roll need then the item should be made BoP. If you don’t choose “need” then the item should be handed out randomly by the game. That would remove a lot of the confusion. Unfortunately, no changes…

1 Like

… and integrity.

1 Like

No because i’m not a terrible person…

1 Like

Is it an Upgrade? Roll Need.
Is it for DE’ing/Selling? Roll Greed.

Are you the A$$hat that thinks you will Ninja everything in Classic and outlast the Community Blacklist? I will PAY to see a Youtube Video of that!

3 Likes