Will we ever get a dev reason for the change of heart on RDF?

Just because players dont play as they did, which they absolutely do, that doesnt justify making changes to the game when the goal is to relive the expansion as it was, as it is marketed.

When it says “relive the classic” you cant relive the classic when you change what the classic is.

4 Likes

Here we go again…what was “authentic” with wow tokens and ++++++ this, that, and the other dungeons and raids?

7 Likes

RDF is a bad system.

Still sad they added it.

This is gonna be retail again just earlier to the trash than it was.

We got WoW tokens, store mounts, boosts, RDF, pseudo M+

This was supposed to be Classic. Not Classic esque.

Even Classic era, which they said they would keep as pure as possible is an abomination of changes.

My lack of faith in blizzard is in the negatives right now. Not even factoring the failures that were WC3 refunded, Diablo 2 Mutilated and Diablo Bore

1 Like

Don’t forget “Heroes of the slight drizzle”

1 Like

No they weren’t. I think I was the only person on the forums that didn’t want them, and I was quite vocal about it. Nobody else seemed to give a damn.

RDF, on the other hand, was looked forward to and expected by many people. Not to mention RDF was in about 50% of Wrath, while cross-realm bgs were like 10% of Vanilla. So that immediately blows away all ‘but it was added in patch x!’ arguments. As does literally EVERY other system in 4 years of Classic that came out early.

There is simply no logical arguments against why RDF should be in Wrath Classic. Not for authenticity’s sake, and certainly not by how Blizzard has run Classic since it launched in 2019.

The ‘muh social’ experiment (which were lies anyway) has been a complete failure. Turns out RDF, in fact, did not destroy the social dynamic of the game. The lack of it has made it far more toxic and volatile. As has this ridiculous Mythic dungeon nonsense that has no place whatsoever in Wrath. Yet Blizz refuses to get rid of that crap. How’s that work out for authenticity, btw?

But at the end of the day, RDF is finally coming. Some people are very happy about that. I’m not particularly. It’ll help the leveling process, yes, but at end-game it’ll be treated the same as it is in Retail. RDF is a very briefly used system before everyone gets funneled into Mythic dungeons. If I wanted that type of gameplay, I’d just play Retail. But these Classic Clowns can’t resist adding this Retail crap so they can point to it and say, “Look what we did!!! Hey boss, can I go work on Retail now? Pretty please?!”

They’ve made this project about themselves and tossed its original philosophy (authenticity) into the trash.

9 Likes

classic is only 60
if you stepped into 70(tbc-c) while knowing of the ugly changes they did then you should be aware that you’re no longer playing classic as you’re just playing alternative version of old wow game and you should’ve expected abomination changes. such as boosts/tokens/layers never being removed / twisting the balance & even edit in the core game system, well…the game can still be fun though but it’s not classic.

This is my feeling as well. I stopped taking the authentic and nurturing arguments seriously after Heroic+ and WoW tokens were added in.

5 Likes

Read the Blue post ptr notes section about the new ICC dungeons. Particularly in the developers’ notes…

“…we felt it was as important to protect the original 2009 experience here.”

They shouldn’t say stuff like that then. They can’t have it both ways. Claiming they want to protect authenticity, and then completely toss authenticity to the curb in other areas. Make up their minds what this project is about.

9 Likes

To think. This post isnt censored or removed

Brian Birmingham can suque bawz.

3 Likes

Its all Classic actually.
All with zero integrity

1 Like

Yep.

Blizzard is in an odd spot, imo. When retail slumps, they had/have classic series. TBCC became home when SL was just killing interests for me as an example.

when classic slumps, they had retail. I liked all those ripcords in 9.3…SL if one completely ignored the whole story (sad for MMORPG, but it works) got better at the end at least play wise.

So where does a burn out/disenchanted player go when both are in a slump?

Answer: account management, unsub. they will return when the games get better. Its not a rage quit. its a they aren’t paying several month to get there thing.

Bru, have you missed the constant post of people nagging at bliz to implement it?

The first time was “absolutely not.”

Which became “closer to not never than never” after they saw the backlash to the original stupid decision.

And then there was a slight slip of the tongue by one dev that could have been read into as they were going to add it eventually; but at no point did they actually clarify this one.

And of course, personally, I will probably always lean towards more that the dev team were simply incapable of making it and just didn’t want to admit it; given that even now they still can’t make the in-game quest helper original Wrath had.

4 Likes

Not being able to make something and not caring enough to make it, aren’t the same. I fall in the camp, they don’t care too. And it is apparent with all the other issues they let fester (and found a way to monetize, as the solution). Plus, they found a way to actually add non- wrath things into wrath, while those other issues festered.

2 Likes

3.3.0…half way through. we are in 3.4.2 right now

1 Like

If they did that, the whole upper dev team should be fired.

3 Likes

that is a possibility but not for that reason

they would have done that for a couple reasons

bring players back

to demonstrate that they listen to the community.

no you didnt. you hoped and guessed it would happen because you wanted it. There was never an official post of anything telling anyone that RDF was coming.

2 Likes

Well dragonflight is dying, so they need to keep subs up. They want retail quitters to come here.

Shame they continue to ruin a game people waited years for. It’s just retail again now.