Will we ever get a dev reason for the change of heart on RDF?

It would not have taken anything to put RDF in at launch. Blizzard hacked together a LFG system as it is, and they have RDF in DF. It’s not like they would have had to reinvent the wheel. It’s not like they lost the code for it . . . “OMG how do we do this thing we did before again???”

That being said, classic does not have patches. We are and always have been on the last patch. Blizzard is not dropping new talents, improvements, or features (with the exception of tokens, H++ and other crap unrelated to wrath). They are releasing content in phases.

So either they lied to and trolled their player base this entire time, or they realized no RDF was a terrible decision. Either way they don’t come off looking like a quality company.

5 Likes

We do know that RDF worked just fine on p-servers.

5 Likes

Really sounds like Blizzard should have just hired you to do all of their work… Seems Blizzard missed out due to this oversight.

There’s zero reason for you to be snarky. P-servers did RDF with no problems. Retail WoW already has RDF. Classic already has X-realm queuing with BG’s. These are facts. Claiming it would have been a MAJOR UNDERTAING for Blizzard to include RDF at launch is contrary to the facts. Also logic and common sense.

7 Likes

Not being snarky and I’m sorry you feel that way. You’re basically telling everyone here that there is nothing to it, super ez, so apparently you know better than anyone else… seems like a Blizzard missed their chance to fix this problem.

Contrary to the facts, you’re assuming RDF would be an insurmountable task. It’s laughable. But it also means you believe they lied about the reason they kept it out.

So you think the devs are a bunch of incompetent liars. Cool. Just say that.

9 Likes

Not sure where you even thought that was being said (by me)…

You’re the one stating Blizzard lied, and it was ez (so ez in fact, p servers did it and implied that if p servers could it anyone could do it).

Your projecting does not excuse the fact that you are giving us the notion you know how it all works and how ez it is.

“We’re always open to feedback, but I doubt we’ll change our mind on automatic dungeon finder. I know its contentious, but there are enough people cheering that I think we’re making the right call. We want players who don’t want it to have a place where they can play with out it.”

" . . .the decision not to add the dungeon finder at all was made to keep what the team perceives to be the spirit of the WoW Classic community."

“We know that the Classic audience is more interested in long-term social engagement, that feeling that comes from reaching out to people, talking to them about how you’re going to group, trying to coordinate, who’s going to do what role walking to the dungeon together, trying to figure out how you’re going to get to the dungeon, who’s going to summon, maybe run into a PVP fight on the way,” Birmingham says. “And then you finally get in there and you have friends that stick together with you.”

Nothing about RDF being hard to implement. And in fact it’s already in the game and x-realm was in classic wrath at launch. They stated that RDF was removed because of “community” blah blah. You are indeed the one who claims it was removed for some other reason (IT’S SO HARD!).

So yes, you’re claiming they’re incompetent liars.

6 Likes

My last reply stands.

You think you know it all and you don’t.
You think you are smarter than anyone else, you’re not.
You think you could do it better you can’t.

:no_bell: :mute:

Seemed to be a change of heart, after they ninja-ed the wow token in. That’s when I first heard " we are discussing it".

1 Like

“SEE!? THIS UNAMBIGUOUSLY PROVES THAT THEY PLANNED TO RELEASE RDF WITH THE ICC PATCH ALL ALONG. CHECKMATE, FUDs!!” ~t. L’Reddit Gamer

3 Likes

I can’t believe the stupidity here. It’s been known for a very very long time that the dungeon finder will be added with the ICC patch, same as it was in 2009.

Just like random bg queue, right? And dual spec, right? And tome of cold weather flying, right?

5 Likes

Sure thing champ, believe what you want.
Complete removal of the system was the plan till about at most 2ish months ago when they said in a video, prior to the HC Classic one, “I don’t think we ever said we wouldn’t” until that point there was no reason to believe it was coming.

I get it though “I told you so” is so much fun to say. /s

7 Likes

They were very very very adamant leading up to Wrath launch that Dungeon Finder was not going to happen in Classic because Classic needed to be nurtured and protected. They very clearly on multiple occasions stated their intent to keep it out for all of Wrath. It was not until very recently they started changing their tone a bit because a certain someone is no longer employed there.

9 Likes

Kind of hilarious that you don’t know how it works, but you’re trying to tell ME how it works. You can pick the one you want once, but after that it bypasses the lockout when you queue random. What would end up happening is I queue specifically for the one I want, I do my 1 run per day, then I queue random and if it’s not the one I wanted then I AFK out.

It doesn’t matter anyway because I got the outcome I wanted.

You got clapped hard and cry when someone calls you out. Take the L like a man

3 Likes

So in other words, you’re going to game, misuse RDF for your own misdeeds.

How nice of RDF to actually allow you to be able to do that.

4 Likes

Right so exactly how I said RDF works, which you didn’t comprehend.

Glad I could clear it up for you.

7 Likes

Populations down players wanted it and it’s now or never to release it so far as wrath is concerned seems like a no brainer to roll out.