Will SoM BGs have same faction queues

Interesting, gotcha. Ugh idk what ill do

Wait a second – example:

If I roll and solo queue a BG on Jom Gabbar (most pop [A] atm)…

Will I get the same solo queue alliance players as

rolling and solo queing a BG on Barman Shanker (2/3rd most pop [A])?

What determines the alliance solo queue bins if im avoiding the alliance netflix youth generation lol

BG queues are cross server so it doesn’t matter what server you are on. The server only matters for ranking and the bracket sizes.

Brackets are a % of server faction pop. So more people on your server in your faction, the larger each bracket will be and more players can be in the bracket.

1 Like

Ahh I see, thanks. It sounds like my dilemma can be simplified to this:

Would I rather roll alliance and never ever solo queue – only premade, or go Horde so I can do both.

I forget, did classic end with less than 10 man sized premades for BG queues? Maybe that would keep me on alliance.

You can’t really premade if your queues are long. So if you go the popular faction and queues are long, you can’t premade.

Alliance had premades cause they were the non-popular faction for PVP and they had short, near instant, queues.

alliance will have the shorter queues. Horde wont unless they add HvH out of the gate. Which I thought they will.

Do you know how the same faction BGs have been received in BC classic by chance? That may indicate if they will repeat, idk any BC players to ask though

They haven’t said if SoM will have same faction BGs or not. This would make queue times basically the same for both sides.

It but the nail in the coffin for alliance. They didnt have enough people interested in pvp and those interested jump ship as soon as HvH was release.

In order for that to happen in SOM horde will have to have 1+hour queues and there is no way that will happen.

1 Like

ahhh interesting, makes sense thx

Thats a good point too because look – i was on faerlina [A] and my horde ranker buddies would say their r13+ premade queues were between 30-60 minutes regularly. Those were stinky guys just about to get their weapons and even they were saying it was hard to manage just due to time efficiency for 15 people irl

You can’t really premade with long queues. It is a lot harder. Alliance could get almost full raid groups because of instant queues.

Oh, I know its one of the major reasons why I played alliance for the last 10+ years. Switch to horde for TBCC but was slowly dying inside when queues reached 1+hours. BG my @$$ off when HvH came out. =)

No, we aren’t planning for same-faction BGs in Season of Mastery.

We also aren’t looking at restrictions on premades. Players who are serious about ranking will do so in premades, just like original World of Warcraft.

29 Likes

Not sure this would be a good idea, same faction cues might only be good when an expansion is done(except for wrath), same faction battleground lead to win trading and everyone agrees that they are a massive failure.

So we can full 40 man premade Alterac Valley?

3 Likes

Great. This is why I’m mainly playing SoM, thank you for the clarifIcation.

4 Likes

I really wish you would consider if not doing cross-faction, at least keep the algorithm implemented in TBCC so that premades group against premades more often so that it’s possible to at least enjoy a BG queuing solo or with a couple of friends.

1 Like

Yay! No same faction BGs! Thanks Blizz!

3 Likes

“Players who are serious about ranking will do so in premades, just like original World of Warcraft.”

Consider capturing the spirit of original WoW instead of the exact implementation. It was rare to run into a premade in BGs. You could queue for long periods without seeing one. On Classic, you were lucky to find a non premade in hours of play. You say, “Just like original World of Warcraft” while failing to provide a similar experience for the bulk of the player base.

Most people i met while climbing to rank 10 didn’t even want to premade but did so out of obligation because there is basically no alternative. It’s either premade or play against constant premades. I’m sorry to say it, but you guys are really missing the mark on this one. If you want the experience to be remotely similar, you will do away with full premade past groups of 5 so that the bulk of your player base can enjoy BGs whenever they please.

19 Likes