Will SoM BGs have same faction queues

I agree 100%. The premades killed pvp for a LOT of people in classic. This is one of those things where classic ‘feel’ should trump classic ‘mechanics’…just like a lot of the other changes they’ve been making for SOM.

13 Likes

AB and WSG can be easily swung by a 5 man group. While I am not against no premades, I have to accept the reality of the situation.

Can you guys just like…get rid of all your weirdo zoomer kids that make decisions about Classic and bring back Grumzz or something so y’all ain’t constantly out of touch with the base of players that play Classic?

15 years ago it would have been plain and obvious that the developers knew more about how the game should work than the players. This just isn’t true anymore, at all. Even these wierd Euro private server dev’s are more in touch with Classic than anyone in that office, probably combined.

I mean you just watched 2 years of one faction sitting 20 minute queue’s…

8 Likes

While the sentiment is nice, you seem to forget that for a big chunk of vanilla (almost all of it) there weren’t cross faction BGs going on. So BGs were just between players of 1 server and the amount of premades was not as much of an issue is it is today.

Also, if one side of the server got consistently farmed by the enemy premade of the other faction they could just stop queuing and make sure the premade would not get any honor this way anymore. These checks and balances are all gone with cross faction BGs.

That said, I know your solution would not be to revert cross faction at all but rather just do something that has even less to do with the vanilla spirit.

7 Likes

I strongly oppose same-faction BGs and thus I support this decision. But I must say I am sick of the blatant horde favoritism by the devs. In TBC where horde players are the majority of the playerbase, same faction queues are implemented to shorten their queues. In SoM, where all the polls show the alliance will have strong majority, there will be no same-faction BGs. Again the horde gets benefits, and the alliance is left to hang.

1 Like

The skewing is VASTLY different. I mentioned this previously. A majority of horde will queue BGs, a MINORITY of Alliance will queue BGs. The actual queues, if everyone’s “feeling” that Alliance will be the majority this time around, will be closer together than farther apart.

However we all DO realize the blatant Blizzard Horde favoritism. It is what it is.

2 Likes

Great points! Your response to these and my points, Kaivax?

1 Like

I wouldn’t hold my breath dude.

Play TBCC then and you can get your extremely low quality FvF games.

I’m happy I get to play BGs like the game was designed. I would actually have resubbed for this had I unsubbed.

1 Like

a lot more horde are going alliance this time so queues will probably be the same

Thats not even long man. You do realize that in original vanilla cross faction bgs only came about right before TBC dropped and for most of vanilla BGs only popped for each individual server.

That worked really well and when you had to wait for your queue you either went out in the world and pvped (making sure the world felt alive at endgame) or went farming inbetween.

All cross faction bgs did for classic is making sure every ranker sits in their major city spamming one of the 3 BGs all over all day. Its getting stale and boring.

1 Like

So we get rid of summoning stones and POOF! World PvP!!!

This way you will be making the pvp unfeasible. It’s not fair pre-mades vs pugs. So what is the benefit of bringing in an unfair game? What’s the fun in facing a disadvantaged group?
Players who play in pre-mades must face other players in pre-mades. Finally, let the PUGs have their fun. What’s the problem?
Releasing BG from the same faction makes queuing much faster and more pleasant. Quality of life, isn’t it?

2 Likes

The guiding principle behind SoM seems to be “hardcore at 60”. Just like MC will be harder to PuG, so will BGs be harder to solo queue. However, the solution to both PvE and PvP challenges is the same: improve and group up. Join a good guild to kill Ragnaros, join a good premade to win WSG.

2 Likes

You know same faction BGs have been happening on Classic Era for a month, right? And they’re bugged as hell, too?

If it launches and one faction has hour+ queues, maybe you can complain and they’ll add that!

The simplest solution would be to get rid of cross server bgs. But, who are we kidding blizzard always skips the simplest solution and goes straight to the hard ones. lol

2 Likes

Your idea is dumb.

You are dangerously close to being the first person I ignore in over 15 years on these forums.

Everyone knows cross server bgs ruin the server community.

1 Like

Nope. It’ll be Alliance with queues this time. We’re good.

1 Like

Will all servers be merged as a battlegroup?

2 Likes