Will I get banned for this?

Running ahead of everyone in AV, capping frostwolf tower, and defending it, preventing horde from recapping it. If the tower caps, I get ready to pull drek. If not, I will stay here defending the tower until the game ends. Will I get a ban for this?

9 Likes

If you are doing damage then no you wont be.

1 Like

With how dumb people are, yes.

19 Likes

in theory no
in practice people are report happy, so beware

6 Likes

I am not trying to get banned, but I am tryingto earn honor from capturing the objective. If I leave the objective, horde will cap it.

I don’t know why they couldn’t just stick to the AFK debuff, the 30 day bans going out for afks is just incentivizing ignoring strategy to turtle every battleground

6 Likes

If enough people report you, yes. It’s an automated system.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t risk it. I’ve spent the last two days in bgs on my dk but not anymore

I don’t think people would falsely report me for completing the objectives as designed in the game. No one has said anything bad to me but I am seeing all these posts about peopl e getting banned for similar things. 30 day ban are going out and thats 2 weeks into wrath of the lich king release if that happens.

People are false reporting boosted characters to get them banned. People are false reporting people to get them banned, trying to lower queues.

It’s a mess.

6 Likes

Sounds like you need to hit as many wolves and rams on the way. So you can get those damage numbers up. That is whats important in AV. You doing the objectives gets you banned. Getting some number passed a certain line is the key.

2 Likes

I did this all last week and have not been banned. I think people are being disingenuous about why they got banned.

2 Likes

If you’re one of those who rush in and get to slay some archers then you likely won’t be targeted as you’d have built some damage.

Just go pvp…either way u get good honor win or lose.

1 Like

Yeah, all these people just all at once decided… you know what… lets make up what I was banned about and all came up with the same thing instantly…

My god… some people…

That may be true and honestly I hope it is, but the risk of it being otherwise is real knowing Blizzard.

I just did, so – yes, you might.

Before you cap a tower, run head first into an opposing faction to do damage to make sure you are on the meters. You’ll die and probably spawn at the very start again, and likely get stuck there never able to get to the objectives again, but at least you will get “on the meters.”

I did. Good luck!

It was a large ban wave. People always come to the forums are lie about why they were banned. Its a mini game on the forums basically.

1 Like

and some people get banned even though they are not afk. accept it.

1 Like