Will I get banned for this?

I’m sure there were some that slipped through the cracks. Probably not the amount that claim it.

2 Likes

If enough people report you during a certain period of time, regardless of whether or not you broke any rules, you will get an automated ban.

1 Like

They would report you for not staying with the group.

If you’re “defending” a point that no one is attacking, you’re effectively “AFK” according to Blizzard’s new ruleset.

Beware.

1 Like

i got hit by the ban that way. I was attacking and defending SF GY. got hit by ban on account. its stupid.

1 Like

makes no sense because mindless killing people at a bottle neck is somehow helping the bg progress better?

1 Like

Too many people complained about people “just defending” and “leeching honor” so this was their solution.

Didn’t say it was right or wrong, just that it’s the way they decided to handle it.

You are playing av, you will get banned.

If this is true, then this is really a serious issue here.

2 Likes

This is disinformation. Players cannot automatically ban other players with right-click reports.

1 Like

I stay and D/backcap our towers or go play other objectives that are not the primary focus of the meta rush strat all the time. I have never been banned.

That’s not to say it doesn’t happen, but I think the instances of people playing the game in good faith and being banned are probably greatly exaggerated.

You sure about that?

1 Like

I don’t really know if that is true. If you defend the node and some rogue ganks me and I kill him, then I get to keep the node and the whole team gets 114 honor PLUS we make it easier for us to win by eliminating a general/warmaster. If I cap it and then run away and no one else is guarding it, there is a high ligkelyhood backcappers will come recap it and cause our loss…

1 Like

Blue posts have confirmed what I said. I’m only repeating it.

If you’re hanging back and you get reported for it, Blizz will look at your logs for the last few BGs you did. If they see the same pattern, they will likely uphold the ban.

Just be careful.

He’s been repeating this on a bunch of threads, pure copium. He doesn’t want to believe daddy Blizzard has been cutting corners by firing GMs and replacing them with automated ban systems even though the evidence is overwhelming

I killed three horde trying to hop the back wall in the alliance base. I was the only one back there. I’m surprised i didn’t get banned for defending the base against horde exploiters TBH.

100% positive.

People are still using 5 year old videos to “prove” that the bans are automatic because they don’t have any real evidence. Everyone complains that reports do nothing and that Blizzard could hire a handful of GM’s to go around banning bots.

If right-click player reports can automatically ban accounts, then we have been given GM banning powers with more steps. Multiboxers have been given GM banning powers by themselves. Why are there no videos of small groups of players working together to clean up the bots off their servers?

I’ll take your word for it, but I’m not going to trust it, and proceed to BGs as if anyone can ban me out of spite… that is where we are headed anyways with their draconic ideas.

Yeah, if anyone actually takes a minute to think about what they’re implying when they say “right-click reports automatically ban people” then you start to understand how ludicrous it really is.

Discord communities could “hire” one multiboxer to work as the GM, banning all the bots. Zero examples of this happening. People claim they’d volunteer GM for Blizzard, why not do that now if we all have GM banning powers as a community? We have guilds organizing five raids, can’t get 20 people together to spend 10 minutes banning all the dungeon rogue bots?

It’s just absurd man. Players can’t automatically ban other players right-click reports.

2 Likes

The new meta for defending towers is to pull rams up into them. So you can get some damage in and be “participating”

1 Like

Then why are there mass unbans going on if an automated system didn’t make a mistake? Did all these GMs mess up and falsely ban people?

1 Like