Will I get banned for farming Stratholme with a paladin?

Essentially title. No hacks, no cheats, no multiboxing, etc etc. Just a paladin walking in and killing and looting mobs and selling the junk.

I’ve heard many stories on Reddit about people doing exactly this and getting caught up in automated ban waves.

1 Like

Why on earth would this be wrong? I solo Scholo all the time for stuff to sell?

1 Like

My guess is those getting banned are using an auto loot addon that Blizz has deemed to be against TOS.

4 Likes

Crazy conspiracy theory…

The redit sites have Bots/Gold farmers in them spreading false information to prevent others from taking advantage of what they themselves are doing…

1 Like

Yeah, that’s a neat idea I hadn’t considered lol

Day after day I still see the same people selling runs on EF so obviously they’re fine.

1 Like

You’d be surprised how many people they can prevent from taking advantage of stuff like that.

2 Core raiders of mine just got banned for doing the same at BT, putting on that trinket and pulling like 50+ people. And yes, Banned. They got a 6-month suspension, and then when they appealed, they switched it to closing their Bnet accounts entirely. Done with it.

I’ve been farming strat for 2 months on a paladin alt and I haven’t been banned. I don’t sell boost, just vendor or AH certain drops.

I did hear some people got banned though, they say they were playing legit but it’s hard to really know.

1 Like

Wow, yet there are videos of paladins grinding those since original BC.
Like, if it was fine then and all this time, what’s illegal about it now?

Well there in lies the problem, it never has been. The issue is every time there is a ban wave you see these places light up with woe is me stories of people that weren’t doing anything but somehow got banned. Not suspended but flat out banned. Generally speaking Blizzard doesn’t go from zero to flat out banned so you get to decided just how much you trust the shouting going on.

I know of no one personally that has had it happen, and one of them let me set in his runs several times just for the XP.

3 Likes

Blizzard hates Paladins
always had

1 Like

It’s almost as if they made the one class too powerful for that content. Then instead of nerfing them as tanks (in that content) they ban them for using their Power?

They would break the API and therefore the addon.

I’m not aware of any addon ever in the history of wow that resulted in a ban.

AVR in Wotlk is the first addon that they explicitly broke an API to end an addon (and it was a super cool addon, but also trivialized raids). No bans were issued for using it.

My money is they were exploiting the jump>Rp walk pathing bug to get big scarlet pulls.

3 Likes

I-morph, auto follow

1 Like

I morph is not an addon. I morph is a third party memory injection tool that overwrites game data in memory.

It’s not using an in game API. It is not run through the wow client.

Auto follow addons still exist and run through the wow api. I highly doubt people are getting banned for this addon. They are probably getting banned for violating the multi boxing policies and trying to play the victim.

I use this addon:

https: //wago.io/KIVs1t-Ni

I received confirmation from Blizz support that this is okay to use. I’d post a screenshot of my ticket response if I knew how.

That said, I’m more concerned about being caught in a blanket ban for the simple act of looting a lot of things and selling a lot of things, the way some folks claim to have had happen to them.

1 Like

honestly mass farming by mages and paladins shouldn’t be allowed since it greatly messes with the economy and floods gold to gold sellers.

Keyword here being claim. If you go to a prison, you’ll find many people swearing of their innocence.

1 Like