Will classic TBC kill retail?

He’s practically Shrieking.

Yeah, I remember back in the day we killed him maybe the 2nd night we did it. If i remember correctly, the first boss was harder.

Mythic didn’t open until the week after and without a 210 ilvl you weren’t clearing anything.

Though an under-geared tank will get absolutely clobbered

Yes, we’ve already established mythic is one week after, though you don’t need 210 ilvl to clear normal.

1. You were insisting that people were already clearing mythic.
  2. Perhaps I was unclear so let me rephrase: Going after Mythic nathria with less then a 210 ilvl is a waste of time; you simply won’t have the health or power neccesary in order to get the job done.

By comparison people are clearing Gruul with what are essentially leveling gear.

No they don’t. They gear their toons through Heroic clears and then push in. The point you have missed is that BC players literally hit 70 and went into end game content and cleared it with classic gear within hours of it being available.

I’ll use your numbers to help you better read this, maybe?

1. I implied people were clearing Mythic before they nerfed Normal, which is true.
  2. This isn’t even remotely close to any type of discussion we were having. The argument is essentially summarized as “Retail is a better game because raids in TBC were cleared within 48 hours of release” even though Normal raids in retail die within 8 hours of them being available.

Well, yeah, leveling and dungeon gear in TBC is incredibly good, a lot of it is Pre-raid BiS. In retail all that gear is just green Stam+mainstat but in BC you get Healing Power, Defence, Spell Damage, and Hit

So very geared players managed to clear a raid very fast.

Mythic raids are not cleared in one sitting, and they don’t do it with pre expansion gear and or dungeon gear. They farm heroics and obtain gear needed to clear more difficult content. All you need to do in BC is be 70 and have basic gear. It’s much easier than retail. Like not even comparable.

1 Like

And you’d be wrong, since they were nerfing normal almost immediately due to several of the bosses (huntsmen for example) being completely overtuned.

Look at those goal posts go!

No, the heart of the debate here is that somehow people clearing Gruul (who would be comparable to heroic dungeon trash in terms of mechanical complexity) more frequently then heroic sire is some metric for judging the health of Retail while simultaneously ignoring the relative complexity of the fight, the time involved in reaching it (both clearing content and gearing), the fact that there are 4 seperate difficulty levels with heroic being the second highest and the aspirations of the player base (Many players don’t raid because they prefer M+ gameplay).

This mostly tells me that TBC is easy mode and that downing Gruul isn’t anything to be proud of.

…because Gruul is laughably easy and heroic denathrius isn’t?

1 Like

Weird, that tells me that so many people prefer what TBC has to offer that they got to max level within the first 2 weeks, and then got enough gear to kill gruul. It’s just crazy to see how many more players are on TBC than systemlands.

Well, obviously, the game design now is completely different than it was in TBC, now it’s basically just get higher ilvl, hit a low threshold then move onto the next content. Though like I’ve said, Normal raids are still cleared in a matter of hours too, so it’s still comparing content cleared in 2 days and content cleared in 1 day.

Heroic denathrius is pretty easy.

I don’t think comparing a normal difficulty boss and a heroic difficulty boss is being entirely genuine.

1 Like

Ok, overtuned for you maybe, again. No, the argument is the same, you just changed it again though, Gruul is as difficult as a Normal Raid Boss, which isn’t very difficult. Comparing Gruul to Heroic Denathrius is like comparing a normal dungeon to +10s. And yeah, T4 is notoriously easy, I’m pretty sure everyone understood that very clearly going into TBC, why do you think people only card about speedrun metrics in classic.

1 Like

no.

ten characters

1 Like

No, overtuned for everyone; sinseekers were doing heroic tier damage which meant that in order to keep the victim alive you needed to dedicate a healer to them. This was patched pretty much immediately.

And you’d still be wrong since plenty of the bosses in normal make Gruul look like a chump due to the co-ordination required to simply survive; Artificer, Sun king, Inerva, none of these are final bosses but all require the party to know what the hell they’re doing a lot more then a boss you can down with greens.

It’s almost like Shadowlands has been out since november and the players have extracted all they reasonably can from it whereas CBC has been out for… what? 18 days?

Hit me up in december when it’s had about 6 months to breathe.

Ok, lets pick this up in 2 months when 70% of the guilds fall apart because no one is playing TBC anymore just like what happened to classic.

1 Like