Will classic TBC kill retail?

Where did you get that number from?

If Retail dies, Classic dies with it. So no, Classic won’t kill Retail.

You need a subscription to Retail servers in order to play on Classic servers.

1 Like

The irony of you asking someone else that question.

1 Like

huh? I’ve literally provided numbers that can be verified by 30 seconds of googling

Yet again, they may have been overtuned for you. Regardless of that, people aren’t clearing Gruul decked out in green items, the tank would actually get one shot from having no defense rating or stam, and Inerva is a laughable example of a boss requiring raid knowledge since you can skip the majority of the mechanics by literally being good.

No but WOTLK will.

I don’t recall this happening in Classic.

See, that’s not an example of an objective fact.

I Find Auto Attacking mobs to death to be incredibly boring, than you very much.

2 Likes

Don’t think anyone is forced into playing Enhance Shaman :stuck_out_tongue:

30 seconds of searching would have also revealed that classic’s playerbase dropped heavily after launch because hey check it out: players either couldn’t stomach the tedium or the lack of content at endgame.

2 Likes

hum, i don’t plan on playing classic much since i have beat every heroic/raid tiers in that expansion already long time ago. i am only really playing it b/c resil is a thing. outside of that, i can’t be bothered tbh. as to sl, well, i haven’t playing it much for 2 months now: i got aotc then i burned out big time. 9.1 better be the bees knees or i’ll probably take a break until next expansion and hope they friggin listen by then. /s

Well looks like not enough players quit classic, as there’s more people playing at 70 than systemlands. Also you made that up out of thin air.

The more you post the more convinced I am that you’ve only done this on LFR or as a paid carry.

1 Like

No, but I can assure you trying to convince someone who plays both Retail and Classic, that Retail is infinitely more complex, is going to get you nowhere.

Both are complex in their own ways. Neither one really tries to be the same thing.

I’m really not. Servers emptied out and were merged New Realm Connections are Underway

To quote a scholar of our time:

I’ve literally provided numbers that can be verified by 30 seconds of googling

2 Likes

So you get a post from July 2020 which was in reference to retail so you’re argument is that retail is dying? Well I agree!

Servers emptying out was because Blizzard made like 25 extra servers during the first two weeks of Classic because legitimately all of the first ones had 10-25k queues during peak hours, but not many people took the free transfers off.

Retail is more complex; you have a larger number of classes, possible builds, covenant systems a much more fleshed out system for raiding and dungeons…

This isn’t to say that Classic or CBC don’t have value; they both offer a more longform approach to the game then Retail does while also having a stronger sense of community both of which I can absolutely respect.

That having been said, while you’re dead wrong on the relative difficulty of normal nathria, I can at least respect that you’ve done some legit content.

Which wouldn’t have been a problem if they’d been able to maintain there populations.