Will classic TBC kill retail?

It’s pretty much an objective fact that TBC has better gameplay than what shadowlands has to offer as of now, even before the content drought. I fear that Blizzard will end up moving developers to other projects as they begin to see that it’s more profitable to re-release older versions of the game as they are objectively better than retail. I think the only way this can be prevented is if Blizzard reforms retail, but that would essentially be Blizzard admitting that retail has become bad which I don’t think they will do.

7 Likes

Doubtful considering a subscription pays for both.

13 Likes

68 Likes

People are still playing TBC Classic?

16 Likes

A question no one can possibly answer, unless you have population numbers for retail, classic and TBC…,…if you do please post it.

1 Like

You keep using this when you mean to say " subjectively" or “in my opinion.”

34 Likes

What a lovely collection of lip piercings!

10 Likes

It’s a subjective opinion, not an objective fact. :slight_smile: I would personally call BC gameplay much worse than retail. Or at least just different, but not in an appealing way. Which is again subjective. Others will agree or disagree.

Classic isn’t anywhere near killing retail. Both games can succeed on their own rights without harming the other.

11 Likes

I mean it has just cause of the content drought til 9.1 but otherwise no… Most people know classic isn’t fun. Can you play as a worgen? No? That’s terrible! Nope. Nope. Nope!

4 Likes

Someone should start a GD troll case study. I would be curious what they were doing or what was happening in their lives before they decided to make a troll post.

I wonder if you would find any correlations.

3 Likes

Isn’t there like 20 threads on this in the past few weeks lol…
No it won’t. Retail ain’t being ‘killed’… and WoW ain’t dying… and [insert any other thing that is killed or dying related to this game].

The quality is killed off but that’s the fault of devs lol

2 Likes

Not really subjective. In the 2 weeks that TBC has been out there have been more logs of gruul kills than all 9.0.5 logged heroic denathrius kills. I hope I don’t need to explain the significance of this beyond 2 weeks that tbc has been out for.

2 Likes

see start saying that your opinion (which I disagree with) is fact. rest of your post doesn’t matter.

2 Likes

Except it’s not an opinion. Go compare logs of tbc vs retail, not to mention how more lively tbc is than retail.

2 Likes

Even if that’s true…that doesn’t make your subjective opinion fact. It just proves that the boss is more accessible than current content, which shouldn’t surprise anybody

4 Likes

Willing to bet they turned on their PC or laptop before posting.

2 Likes

Wow, that’s bait.

5 Likes

Actually the number of logs does not say anything about the difficulty of the boss, why are you so afraid to admit that there are more players on tbc than retail? Do you not think blizzard should improve retail?

1 Like

Umm, TBC just came out and Retail is slow because it’s been a long patch and people are waiting for the next one.

You’re delusional if you think TBC won’t be emptying out in a few weeks when 9.1 comes out.

4 Likes

Classic vanilla seemed to hold up well in between patches, I don’t see why TBC won’t when there’s more content to do than vanilla.