Will classic TBC kill retail?

Those are Blizzard plants

I’d respond to this, but I’m still killing boars on HFP…

Heroic Nathria is also more difficult to clear than Gruul’s Lair by a long shot, and is one of four raid difficulties available (the two more popular difficulties having players who don’t view logs as a necessity)

The two games are so vastly different at this point that comparing player counts on logs alone to determine popularity is silly.

3 Likes

It only speaks volumes as to how much more difficult Heroic Sire is compared to Gruul. The fact that so many are whipping the first raid boss so soon after release proves what an easy game TBCC is. The world first on Gruul was done on the same day that the guild dinged 70. You can’t do that on Heroic CN and that’s not even the most difficult level in the game.

2 Likes

Gruul has less mechanics than most modern trash packs. lol

You can basically swing a stick at him and he’ll die. Of course more people have killed him.

(Please note that this post contains something called exaggeration.)

4 Likes

You’re insane

1 Like

I remember when it was actual other games that were going to kill WoW. I suppose when classic Wrath is released we’ll all be hearing this crap for the 3rd time.

Blizzard couldn’t care less which set of servers subscribers log into. You’re still paying for WoW.

3 Likes

I think you missed the right reasons that TBC is hurting Retail.

Bfa and the current employees killed it. Retail is in 3rd place and thats ok they had a good run.

I don’t speak for everyone, but from how this looks.

Retail Normal Servers :fire: :fire_engine: :fire_extinguisher: :fire:
Retail Roleplaying Servers :rose: :person_in_lotus_position: :butterfly: :rose:

Well, it’s not all sunshine and rainbows the worst we get is politics trolling trade chat.

1 Like

Tbc endgame was cleared in a day.

So really doubt it

2 Likes

No OP.

Wrath Classic will though.

1 Like

Blizzard is killing retail

Unbelievable how a 15 years game have more success than a crap lobby game wow retail

Yeah, I remember people saying that when BGs began in Classic, definitely didn’t last long :wink:

Better hope not. Because classic will only last so long, once Wraith classic comes out, then what? Many people apparently hate Cata & up, so where does it go from there? Everybody goes to classic & does the same thing over & over & over & over & over? That sounds so incredibly boring.

1 Like

ppl on private servers play LK for many years, so…

No. It won’t.

1 Like

LFD would hold people interests longer. One of my dings for tbcc that had me less enthralled.

Begging in channel 4 for a dungeon was not what I call…social. Annoyance yes. or irksome as post came up going lfr dps…no hunters.

Really? better gameplay?

TBC Gameplay - Kill mob eat drink, kill mob, eat drink, also there is spell pushback… love having to take 7 seconds for like a 2 second cast…

Oh and then their is the questing, loved taking 40m to collect 8 wings from mobs while the corpse is their with 4 wings still attached to it…

Or when i get dazed by a mob that is like 10 yards behind me lol, or constantly having my spells resisted… lol

CLEARLY BETTER GAMEPLAY

2 Likes

Everyone I know that has once said they hated Cataclysm would actually like to give it a second go since most of them quit very early. I’d say it’s a 50/50 whether they stop at WotLK or not but I can’t say it wouldn’t harm them to at least keep going after Wrath.

And I think if anything is going to kill Retail, it’s Retail. There’s good reason why the old expansions have so much draw and it’s just the way they designed the game, from sounds to loot, it’s just a lot more meaningful.

In what scenario would you not want the best DPS class in the game