Will classic TBC kill retail?

I could give you a number straight from Blizzard and you’d try to find anyway to dismiss it.

A) They’d never give you that number
B) That number would not be 50%
C) You’re only saying this because you know you pulled that number out of your nether regions.

5 Likes

That’s not true at all…but it also shows that you have no source and are just making unsubstantiated claims to get a response.

4 Likes

You got me. Shadowlands has actually lost 0% of its playerbase because Blizzard has not said otherwise!

i have doubts TBC is going to last long, the faction imbalance is huge and is causing gameplay issues for both sides. The factions might be locked to .5 of the game.

2 Likes

Have you ever heard of a little thing called google? 30 seconds of research would save you from looking stupid.

1 Like

At best, Blizz has said that all of their games combined (Overwatch, Hearthstone, Diablo 3, WoW, etc…) have lost 2 million monthly active users since Shadowlands launched.

You could estimate that some of those came from WoW, but there really is no way to know.

2 Likes

No.

Players are ripping through Kara like its made of paper.

I don’t know how they do it but I didn’t know what I was doing in WoW till MoP.

3 Likes

I love how you say this without providing a reliable source…yet again

After the horrible argument that you presented, your opinion of my intelligence means very little to me

4 Likes

nobody knows, but the number being bandied about by the conspiracy theorists is the normal drop of 41% that is usual for that time in an expansion

3 Likes

Insignificant–obviously killing Gruul is far easier than Heroic Sire. Or didn’t you consider that there are usually a number of factors that may explain the variance in a data set. I don’t think you should apply to any professional data science jobs until you get some more training on how to statistically analyze data with minimum bias.

But as an opinion, I’m all for your hypothetical explanation. Everyone’s entitled to an opinion. Just don’t post opinions as facts without sources and independently verifiable data analysis.

2 Likes

The problem with 9.1 if you dont raid though is there is very little content

You get 1 mythic 0 only mega dungeon will be good for 2-3 weeks of content about 8hrs of campaign content gated over 9 weeks (so you could start week 9 and clear the content in a couple of weeks as a casual). Probably quite a few new low droprate mounts that you can do.

Even adding 8-14 weeks of raiding (progress and farm) your really not adding much content.

I will probably jump into 9.1 to unlock layer 12 torghast in week 1 but apart from that I am likely to just relax on the content as my only real goal is get aotc before hof closes so I can pug cross realm mythic once it opens.

1 Like

That’s probably true…but I don’t think that is a bad thing.

I enjoy that I only have to play a few days a week to not fall behind.

And how much content will TBC have once you do the long , boring grinds for mounts then AOE through all the ‘heroic dungeons’ and clear the raids ?
Only difference is that in TBC you have way more reps and way more grinds than shadowlands. The only thing that TBC has going for it is that all the content is sleepwalkable through.

1 Like

Also true not saying its bad content the content is quite enjoyable while you are doing it.

I just think your not going to get a flood of people back for week 1 of 9.1 some people are likely to skip a few weeks use the catchup mechanics (particularly renown) and jump straight into heroic up to 4-6 weeks after the start.

1 Like

Im level 60 in tbc atm I wont be 70 for another 2-5 weeks (I play 4-8hrs a week), after which there is the same 8-14 weeks of raiding content (progress+farm) to get some gears. I am likely to be ready for phase 2 when it releases.

For me both are enjoyable content to play through which keeps me playing wow, that being said I will also take breaks once I am out of content and play single player games when they come out (got a few early access games I have cleared that I am waiting to start the full versions of once they release).

With retail the content feels better jumping in 3-4 weeks later as I am not gated as much on content.

3 Likes

Judging by the echoes i’ve heard, nope.

Honey moon is over and people are starting to notice the flaws.

2 Likes

It is overtaking you? the WotLK classic did not even arrive, and it would surely be the decline of a lot of pirate WotLK server that there is a lot in the internet world and incidentally it would attract many players including those who would hate paying subs and microtransactions would not give a penny for it.

Random Poster: I’ve had it! WoW is no longer the game I played because of [rambling about something, probably my aunt’s orange lime cake recipe], I’m quitting!

Forums: Okay, do so.

Random Poster: … sweats nervously

3 Likes

that’s some low fruit, and very low bar to reach. No one picks on the small kid because ya look dumb doin it lol.

Personally I don’t care to pay twice for something I already purchased.

At this rate i’m more likely to play another MMO entirely than go to classic and pay twice for the same product.

1 Like