Will Cataclysm be Dead on Arrival?

I’ll be surprised if more than half my guild sticks around for Cataclysm. For every person who has mentioned “Classic Cataclysm”, I’ve seen at least one reply about not playing it. Not that all of those players would sub for Wrath-Era into eternity. But I think it’s silly to believe many of those who’d play Wrath-Era will be instead submit to being funneled into Cataclysm. I just don’t see there being much overlap between Wrath-Era players and Cataclysm players.

4 Likes

The people that post on forums is a very small fraction of the player base.
I am sure cata will be fine.

3 Likes

And that’s great,

Are you also going to enjoy running to Orgrimmar/Stormwind every single time to transmog a piece because that xmog mount didn’t come until MoP?

This is what I mean when I say Cata feels quite similar to retail without all the extra QOL features. I think people are going to get fed up/bored quite quickly.

I wouldn’t bother playing unless you have friends or an established group to play with.

10 man dropping the same gear as 25 kills the incentive to do 25s on alts and fill the raid with pugs. Guilds that have a strong core of players that alt a lot and really play the game will splinter the core from the tail and just start running more 10 mans. Many 25 man guilds will become “2 10 man” guilds. Trade chat pugs will all hut disappear and only highly sought after specs will be looked for by every 10 man that needs a few fills.

There is a reason cata killed WoW the first time. It doesn’t welcome new players at all and leans into elite players sectioning themselves off from the rest of the community.

1 Like

Still no idea where this “it killed wow” narrative comes from. It is not based on data. 10m players is not what we call dead, otherwise Vanilla would have been completely dead and TBC as dead as Cata. I might be wrong but in my opinion 12m doesn’t make the game alive where 10m makes it dead. Also if it really died in 2010, why are we in dragonflight currently?

1 Like

Wait you mean you don’t just pass the transmog vendor whenever you go back to town for your usual business? That sounds more like a ‘you’ issue…

So no different than any other version of wow.

2 Likes

… And enjoy not having an appearance tab.
A toy box tab.

The list goes on :slight_smile:

Pretty sure they’ve already confirmed we’re getting the appearance tab

We already have a tab for toys right now

Do you actually know what it is you’re whining about?

3 Likes

It will be DOA, a bulk of catas content was revamped leveling zones which no one will play through, while t11 was fine i guess, i do remember alot of people memeing about firelands and dragonsoul was one of the worst raids ever made.

And my god if you think the min maxing is bad now…

3 Likes

say what you will about everything else, but the firelands is generally regarded as one of the best raids in the game’s history

1 Like

Firelands is literally regarded as one of world of Warcrafts best raids lmfao.

2 Likes

90% of the Cata fans, not 90% of current players maybe. As soon as I heard there would be no more WotLK and everyone would be ushered across to Cata I cancelled my sub and haven’t touched the game since; no point in wasting time on a game I will never touch again. I’m guessing a lot of players that have no urge to revisit the dumpster fire known as Cataclysm will do the same. We’ll see just how many people actually wanted that expansion…

5 Likes

Cata was literally the 2nd best version of wow if you go based off subs.

Most likely the best version of classic.

Wotlk was mid tier as a classic xpac.

Also I feel like going based off subs is such a bad way to measure anything because there’s no context behind sub numbers

I mean is it really?? the whole thing is just…whatever, alot of the bosses looked goofy to, like a fire nerbuian…and a fire doomlord LOL.

Firelands really is regarded as 1 of wows best raids…

I mean replaying wotlk it was pretty mid it had only 2 good raids with ulduar and ICC and literally the worst phase 1 of any classic game to date.

Cata on the other hand will have an amazing phase 1 and an even better phase 2 with Firelands.

Without Arthas wotlk was a mid tier xpac, without the addition of the stuff blizzard added to wotlk classic it would of been even worse.

2 Likes

yea wrath era interest and players are so tiny, thats why 10 of thousands of players at one time thrive on a Wrath only private server and forums are all filled for asking Blizzard to let them play the game they subbed for

just cause you don’t want to doesn’t mean plenty of others lack interest too

3 Likes

Its not our interest or lack of interest. Blizzard decides it and it seems that the interest is not high enough, even if 1-2 pservers are full

1 Like

again I doubt that very much, I literally remember everyone memeing at how dumb everything in this raid looked, I think people are confusing the fact that people thought it was better the dragon soul purely because dragon soul was such a awful raid.

People loved firelands…