Will Cataclysm be Dead on Arrival?

They are always empty, just like era was before HC

You trying to guess my name? What does this even mean? Is it new teenager slang? I’m 57 and kids are all grow, so don’t keep up with kids slang these days.
I know to Andy’s actually and both are great men that would do anything for you. So it’s more of a complement?

All I can say is it will be dead to me. The wanton destruction of The Barrons, Thousand Needles, etc. The loss of the talent tree, the devaluing of crafts. My only explanation is the developers hated WoW.

I’m not sure I know what you just said :slight_smile:

And why does my Tauren look like an Orc?

90%? This must be one of those occasions where people make up statistics 67.289347% of the time.

A lot of wrath players are here because they played wrath before, or because retail sucks, or a combination of the two.

90%? I don;t have the numbers in front of me, but it seems like approx. 10% or more of Wrath players left during Cata when it came out. I’m quite certain many will not venture back into Cata knowing (in advance) what lies ahead of them and/or their class.

2 Likes

yeah, my only issue with cata is that the original warcraft games’ story was over and i had no interest in where the story was going and no nostalgia to keep me going so i moved on for about 4 years but it had nothing to do with the quality of gameplay of cata, i enjoyed it as much as vanilla-wotlk /shrug just too many good games out there, what i played while gone way more than made up for missing out on one entire expansion(pandaria).

took vanilla classic for blizzard to realize the power of nostalgia and i’m not even sure they figured it out yet.

Tho the power of nostalgia is basically over. Nostalgia cant be nostalgia forever when its always available

no it wont be dead on arrival. There will be less servers but the big servers will stay.

You sir, are a Zaalg historian.

i mean, it’s the reason i played wow in the first place and the reason i played classics over retail. not lasting forever is rather irrelevant unless you want to define a time for ‘not forever’ because 6 years of game and sub purchases and another 6 years of subs the second time around is a decent chunk of change per person for nostalgia that doesnt’ last forever

mad kyle broflovski GIF by South Park

You started playing WoW because of nostalgia? How can you play a game for the first time and have nostalgia?

Talking about Wrath “Era”. Besides, those initial 6 years and now again 4 years is rather long. Some if not the majority is already sick of it for now. The good thing is that when something isn’t always available, nostalgia can build up again.

because of the original warcraft games O.o i said that in my first post. it’s as if people forgot that was the main draw of the game in the first place.

1 Like

I dont think thats what you call nostalgia? You just liked the franchise. Warcraft 1-3 was still available.

I know, just like Wrath was dead on arrival because the same people were doomchanting at the end of TBC.

1 Like

no it won’t be, wrath is practically Cata at this point.

WoD was the best PvP expansion the game ever had. Which is acknowledged by most pvp players. The PvE content wasn’t the greatest but for PvP WoD was as good as WoW ever got.

I didn’t play a whole lot of cata the first time around so I look forward to seeing what I missed. Progression in ICC was fun the first few weeks and now that it’s on farm it’s getting stale, so harder dungeons, harder raids in cata are a welcome in my book.

But I mean honestly, let’s be real here who would really sit in wotlk clearing the same content over and over and over that we just finished doing for the last 2 years… Like why? That’s borderline mental.

Even if they give us Wotlk Era servers they would be dead within 90 days just like classic Era was when people were ranting and raving to have their Era servers because they didn’t want to move onto TBC. Does no one remember that? and 3 months into TBC, Classic Era had a player base of like 500 people after probably tens of thousands paid for character copies and then didn’t bother staying because the same content after 2 years straight is boring as hell.

Players always crave something new, thats why classic Hardcore blew up, thats why TBC had a larger player base than classic Era, thats why SoD is bigger than Wotlk right now. Players SAY they want to keep what they have, but it’s already proven when players SAY they want to stay they don’t. So it’s just a waste of their time and money.

3 Likes

I mean that’s literally the point of classic and any rerelease for that matter.

1 Like

i wont be moving, wrath its the end of this journey for me, i wish they will fix retail. end of legion, bfa was so good at the end phases.

3 Likes