Wildhammer Dwarves are Possible

11/07/2018 10:01 PMPosted by Mortis
I feel like they should just add Wildhammer Skins to the original Dwarf Race on the Barbershop, just like they consolidated all Draenor clans into a single Mag'har race.

By that logic all the Allied races could easily be consolidated to customization options during character creation or at the barber shop

11/08/2018 08:05 AMPosted by Leeroy
They should just merge them with playable dwarves since they already got shaman class based on that... and ''wasting'' another allied race slot wildhammers? naw if that were to happen id rather have earthen or frostborne dwarves from storm peaks.

All 3 would be even better
11/08/2018 12:41 PMPosted by Tovi
11/08/2018 12:38 PMPosted by Pharsalus
Wildhammer Dwarf Druids.

Take my money please.

Right? I’ll throw my cc at you, Blizz.

This. Except I'd throw my CC at them just for Wildhammer being a separate race. I honestly wouldn't be able to race change toons fast enough
1 Like
I love how people will make at least one thread a day about a fifth (High), sixth (Worgen elves) or seventh (vampire elves) elf allied race a day but it never fails that when someone says “Wildhammer” people come out in droves to say “no more dwarves!”
11/07/2018 10:14 PMPosted by Malec
11/07/2018 10:01 PMPosted by Mortis
I feel like they should just add Wildhammer Skins to the original Dwarf Race on the Barbershop, just like they consolidated all Draenor clans into a single Mag'har race.
Mmm, maybe.

But the heritage armor doesn't seem to have that Wildhammer aesthetic. Yknow?

They could always add more heritage armors to 1 race...
11/08/2018 12:53 PMPosted by Tovi
I love how people will make at least one thread a day about a fifth (High), sixth (Worgen elves) or seventh (vampire elves) elf allied race a day but it never fails that when someone says “Wildhammer” people come out in droves to say “no more dwarves!”

Which is an absurd statement.

Obviously what is needed in Azeroth is MOAR DWARVES.
1 Like
11/08/2018 12:56 PMPosted by Pharsalus
11/08/2018 12:53 PMPosted by Tovi

Which is an absurd statement.

Obviously what is needed in Azeroth is MOAR DWARVES.

Imagine.

An Azeroth filled with nothing but Dwarves. It'd be glorious.
11/08/2018 08:04 AMPosted by Tovi
11/08/2018 06:47 AMPosted by Mortis

The difference is that Dark Iron Dwarves were branded by Ragnaros. They have lava blood and fire super powers.

Wildhammer Dwarves are just regular Dwarves who like gryphons a tad too much.

No. Wildhammer are taller, leaner and tanner than the other two clans.

Uh.... you may want to check your source on that first part... they aren't taller... they are described as "smaller"... be that simply slimmer or actually shorter than other dwarf clans is unclear...
I'm all about having more dwarves. Bring on the Wildhammers!
11/08/2018 01:10 PMPosted by Nutts
11/08/2018 08:04 AMPosted by Tovi

No. Wildhammer are taller, leaner and tanner than the other two clans.

Uh.... you may want to check your source on that first part... they aren't taller... they are described as "smaller"... be that simply slimmer or actually shorter than other dwarf clans is unclear...

Reread Day of the Dragon. That book says they’re taller, leaner, tanner and wilder (tattoos and feathers.)

Also...

ROFL I’ve been researching Wildhammer for years.
1 Like
They should just be base dwarf customizations, they are far too close to regular dwarves to be an AR. We don't want another Highmountain Tauren situation.
I'm kind of amazed how popular dwarves of all things are.

I'm not against it but lets get some other allied races first before we get yet another dwarf.
I'm in support of the Wildhammer clan being granted as an allied race.

The Alliance received Void Elves.. literally a random purple variant of blood elf.

The game now has three brands of purple elf, one of which: started purple, evolved to be fair skinned, then was tainted into being purple.. but with void!

It's ridiculous. Enough with the elf shenanigans, we need dwarves!

More dwarves!

Wildhammer dwarves!

Stone dwarves!

New lore-pulled-out-the-bottom void dwarves! Blizzard didn't care about how silly it was for elves, so why not slap it on dwarves?

On an unrelated note, if you choose the greyish looking skin for a regular dwarf some of the faces gain red or orange eyes. Just something interesting to consider.
Before that part of their lore was retconned Wildhammer used to be taller than other Dwarves. They can go with that again.

11/08/2018 01:15 PMPosted by Tovi
Reread Day of the Dragon. That book says they’re taller, leaner, tanner and wilder (tattoos and feathers.)

Also...

ROFL I’ve been researching Wildhammer for years.

Edit; I guess it's still cannon.
We should have a Dwarf mega thread where we discuss Wildhammer, Earthen and Frostborne along with other completely made up on the spot AR options
1 Like
11/08/2018 01:23 PMPosted by Evamora
They should just be base dwarf customizations, they are far too close to regular dwarves to be an AR. We don't want another Highmountain Tauren situation.

I don't understand why people say this when Dark Iron were nothing more than darker skinned dwarves with glowing eyes. That's it. It wasn't until they announced them as an Allied Race and showed off the new look that there was a greater difference between the two in game.

Blizz kinda put themselves in a corner here. The 3 clans are supposed to be equal and if they don't portray them equally, i.e. separate races to create, then it comes off as kind of a slap in the face to the lore and importance of the Wildhammer. Dark Iron are important but a good part of that is because of Moira.
11/08/2018 03:12 PMPosted by Raspir
We should have a Dwarf mega thread where we discuss Wildhammer, Earthen and Frostborne along with other completely made up on the spot AR options

Cut to the chase — Dwarves should just have their own forum.
1 Like
11/08/2018 03:12 PMPosted by Raspir

I would love to have five dwarf races playable. You guys are the coolest Alliance race by far. But! For now, I just want Blizzard to complete the Council of Three Hammers.

One thing at a time!
Wildhammer dwarves could bring a third Druid race to the Alliance. In the RPG, there were Wildhammer Druids and they studied with the nelves.

And I know, I know the RPG isn't canon but...

Bashiok said this many years ago:

The RPG books were created to provide an engaging table-top role-playing experience, which sometimes required diverging from the established video game canon. Blizzard helped generate a great deal of the content within the RPG books, so there will be times when ideas from the RPG will make their way into the game and official lore, but you are much better off considering the RPG books non-canonical unless otherwise stated.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/2721372142?page=1

All Blizzard needs to do is give us Wildhammer then state that them training with the nelves is lore.
1 Like
11/09/2018 07:47 AMPosted by Tovi
Wildhammer dwarves could bring a third Druid race to the Alliance. In the RPG, there were Wildhammer Druids and they studied with the nelves.

And I know, I know the RPG isn't canon but...

Bashiok said this many years ago:

The RPG books were created to provide an engaging table-top role-playing experience, which sometimes required diverging from the established video game canon. Blizzard helped generate a great deal of the content within the RPG books, so there will be times when ideas from the RPG will make their way into the game and official lore, but you are much better off considering the RPG books non-canonical unless otherwise stated.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/2721372142?page=1

All Blizzard needs to do is give us Wildhammer then state that them training with the nelves is lore.

Having played dwarven druids in D&D, I'd love for this to happen. Just imaging all the dwarfcentric forms. :D
1 Like
11/08/2018 01:52 PMPosted by Svidinn
I'm in support of the Wildhammer clan being granted as an allied race.

The Alliance received Void Elves.. literally a random purple variant of blood elf.

The game now has three brands of purple elf, one of which: started purple, evolved to be fair skinned, then was tainted into being purple.. but with void!

It's ridiculous. Enough with the elf shenanigans, we need dwarves!

More dwarves!

Wildhammer dwarves!

Stone dwarves!

New lore-pulled-out-the-bottom void dwarves! Blizzard didn't care about how silly it was for elves, so why not slap it on dwarves?

On an unrelated note, if you choose the greyish looking skin for a regular dwarf some of the faces gain red or orange eyes. Just something interesting to consider.

Personally, while I think Void Elves were a reskin of Blood Elves I still consider them somewhat of an interesting idea since they were a model previously exclusive to Horde now being made available for Alliance. It feels kind cool playing the Blood Elf model without having to be Horde, and I think the same goes for being able to have a Night Elf model without being Alliance.

That said I don't want anymore elves, at the same time I still debate whether Wildhammer should be just extra customization or a full blown allied race of their own. I feel the same way about Highmountain and Lightforged, those races should have been extra customization.

If Wildhammer become their own race I really want them to be physically different from regular dwarves, like basing their physique off how they were described in outside source material that said they were taller and leaner. If they are just going to be physically the same as regular Dwarves then I don't see why they can't just be extra customization.

As for their counterpart? Probably Forest Trolls that are beefier than the Darkspear and use the same model as Amani Trolls.

Frost Dwarves would be cool too if there's a way to justify them surviving beyond the cold climate of Northrend.