Wildhammer Dwarves are Possible

https://www.wowhead.com/news=288498/latam-content-creators-interview-with-jeremy-feasel-and-paul-watkins-flying-in-n

About character customizations, can we expect more of them?

JF: We're definitely looking for more ideas from the community. I know that there are particular groups of Dwarves that really wanna be a Wildhammer member and have all those awesome tattoos, and these ideas ultimately result in us having very nerdy conversations on the whiteboard talking about "oh this is a great idea!", so please, keep shoving those ideas at us, we love hearing them!
3 Likes
I feel like they should just add Wildhammer Skins to the original Dwarf Race on the Barbershop, just like they consolidated all Draenor clans into a single Mag'har race.
8 Likes
11/07/2018 10:01 PMPosted by Mortis
I feel like they should just add Wildhammer Skins to the original Dwarf Race on the Barbershop, just like they consolidated all Draenor clans into a single Mag'har race.
Mmm, maybe.

But the heritage armor doesn't seem to have that Wildhammer aesthetic. Yknow?
1 Like
11/07/2018 10:14 PMPosted by Malec
Mmm, maybe.

Wildhammer Heritage Armor would simply be the character naked with leaves and gryphon feathers glued to their underwear lol

Besides, it's not like Mag'har Orcs get Shadowmoon or Shattered Hand themed Heritage Armor. They get Garrosh-like gear and that's it.
We should plant mortis in the ground, so he can grow up into a demon hunter eating tree.

that has a wildhammer gryphon nest on it.
1 Like
11/07/2018 10:19 PMPosted by Mortis
11/07/2018 10:14 PMPosted by Malec
...Mmm, maybe.

Wildhammer Heritage Armor would simply be the character naked with leaves and gryphon feathers glued to their underwear lol

Besides, it's not like Mag'har Orcs get Shadowmoon or Shattered Hand themed Heritage Armor. They get Garrosh-like gear and that's it.
Many would not argue against such an implementation lol

About Mag'har it is true but what about when Greenskin Orcs get their Heritage Armor? I'm sure it will look different even though the Orcish cultures are very similar.

If they indeed do then I can see Wildhammers rightfully having their own as well.

Plus, the Mag'har were originally just brown skin orcs, the amalgamation of clans came after they realized the brown orcs in armor looked pretty much the same as regular orcs so decided adding different clans would give more uniqueness to them

On mobile so can't pull up right now, but Google "John Hight interview pcgamesn" and that should bring it up.
No!, if Dark Iron have their own Allied Race, Wildhammer Dwarves, the True Allies of the Alliance has been their the whole time unlike Dark Iron, Deserves it’s own Allied Race!.

It’s own Heritage Armour and Mount is a must, should be treated as every other Allied Race, it’s been said that The standard Dwarves from Iron Forge are Bronzebeard Dwarves and not any other, (trying to find the blue post to confirm that).

Wildhammer Dwarves are one of the original races I wanted to be playable since Vanilla, they have to come and not just as a cosmetic, but as a Allied Race!.

Falstaad is apart of the “Council of Three Hammers” and needs to be treated/represented just as much or even more then Dark Irons which we slaughtered for years from Vanilla onwards.
3 Likes
I definitely wouldn't mind a Wildhammer allied race, but I've been asking for Wildhammer tattoos since Cata. I'd settle for that, and it would be a lot less work.
1 Like
11/07/2018 11:10 PMPosted by Pepino
No!, if Dark Iron have their own Allied Race, Wildhammer Dwarves, the True Allies of the Alliance has been their the whole time unlike Dark Iron, Deserves it’s own Allied Race!.

The difference is that Dark Iron Dwarves were branded by Ragnaros. They have lava blood and fire super powers.

Wildhammer Dwarves are just regular Dwarves who like gryphons a tad too much.
3 Likes
It sounds like that is exactly what they are considering.
I think extra customization that does not require a new allied race could be unlocked through special quests.

Examples:

Quest: help the Wildhammer defend their home. Reward: Wildhammer skins + a Wildhammer mog.

Quest: Bring the Dark Horde clans back to the Horde. Reward: Blackrock (Azeroth), Dragonmaw and fel-red skins for normal orcs.

Quest: Help establish a new home for thalassian exiles (high and void elves together). Reward: some limited high elf skins and hair colors for void elves, representing new recruits that weren’t transformed via Ethereal meddling.

Quest: Help Grimtotem rebels escape Magatha’s loyalists. Reward: Grimtotem skins for tauren.

And so on.
4 Likes
I think wildhammer and possibly frostborn could be neat customizable options given to the base dwarf race. Both the wildhammer and frostborn are already apart of the Alliance. Sort of like the mag’har having different clan options.

It would be neat if they gave the same options to the trolls too. Maybe give them forest trolls, sand trolls, and ice troll skins. With the Alliance attacking the troll capital, maybe it will allow for some sort of troll unification. Maybe not all tribes... but some.

PLEASE.

It’s own Heritage Armour and Mount is a must, should be treated as every other Allied Race, it’s been said that The standard Dwarves from Iron Forge are Bronzebeard Dwarves and not any other, (trying to find the blue post to confirm that).

Wildhammer Dwarves are one of the original races I wanted to be playable since Vanilla, they have to come and not just as a cosmetic, but as a Allied Race!.

Falstaad is apart of the “Council of Three Hammers” and needs to be treated/represented just as much or even more then Dark Irons which we slaughtered for years from Vanilla onwards.

Amen
1 Like
11/08/2018 06:47 AMPosted by Mortis

The difference is that Dark Iron Dwarves were branded by Ragnaros. They have lava blood and fire super powers.

No. Wildhammer are taller, leaner and tanner than the other two clans.
1 Like
They should just merge them with playable dwarves since they already got shaman class based on that... and ''wasting'' another allied race slot wildhammers? naw if that were to happen id rather have earthen or frostborne dwarves from storm peaks.
11/08/2018 08:04 AMPosted by Tovi
11/08/2018 06:47 AMPosted by Mortis

There are differences between the Orc clans as well but they were all grouped up as the same race.
11/08/2018 08:08 AMPosted by Mortis
11/08/2018 08:04 AMPosted by Tovi

There are differences between the Orc clans as well but they were all grouped up as the same race.

Orcs are divided by those that drank fel and those that didn’t.

The three dwarf clans have more differences than skin color.
11/08/2018 08:12 AMPosted by Tovi
11/08/2018 08:08 AMPosted by Mortis

Orcs are divided by those that drank fel and those that didn’t.

The three dwarf clans have more differences than skin color.

Orc clans are waaay more different. You have everything from japanese samurai orcs to orcs that bleed lava.
Love how Horde players will always swarm posts asking for the Alliance to get more recolors.
1 Like