Why you should play Ret Paladin

Need before greed.

warriors and paladins need a lot of the same weapons

Nah bro, it’s going to the arm’s warrior doing 3x your dps

2 Likes

yes ret pallys dps sucks in vanilla

I don’t think you know what you’re talking about. Is ret viable for retail world firsts, no it’s not. Is it viable for Classic, yes it is anything is.

This was meant for Espure not you Logit.

2 Likes

Except rets were included in world firsts the first time around.

2 Likes

Not really, your average naxx progression raiding warrior was pulling around 900 dps on patchwerk. Your dedicated ret was pulling 500+. Not that terrible.

1 Like

Talking about BFA sorry for the confusion.

lol i wondered not a lot of people went ret pally in vanilla always prot or holy

1 Like

Only reason I need to play Ret Paladin, because it is what I want to do. That goes for any class though.

1 Like

in BFA ret is a good spec

1 Like

Before the class parse, you had to have someone go ret because it was the only way to get kings.

They didn’t? Huh. Maybe before the talent patch.

After the talent patch, it was the best way to level early because there isn’t any significant Paladin gear outside the 1 mace you get with the class quest at level 20. So your stuck with warrior blues for a long time.

Also, 21/0/30 or 20/0/31 is the best spec for Paladins in pvp.

I don’t care what expansion it is, Ill play what I want to play. I don’t negotiate with others about what I do with my time.

5 Likes

maybe they did go ret but all i saw most of the time was prot or holy i saw a few ret here and there

It’s alright, you only played on one server. There were tens of others with different ecosystems.

1 Like

There was a ton of Ret Paladins, its just that most would slap on healing gear to raid.

1 Like

Most likely. If you were in a raid guild, it was probably as healer, and if you wanted to grind a dungeon or mobs, prot was excellent for that.

Even the most vocal Paladin on the original forums asking for balance for viability of all the trees was a prot Paladin.

oh that makes sense . Was ret good for pvp?

It was solid.