Why WOD is better than BFA

Nostalgia is a powerful drug. :wink: The funny thing is it is not a bad one per se, nothing wrong with fantasizing about ā€œback in the dayā€ā€¦ itā€™s just (as with most cases) when you come to believe your fantasies are a reality it becomes a problem.

3 Likes

It isnā€™t bad content it is meh content. It is still 10x better than WOD will ever be.

3 Likes

I try to abstain. Thereā€™s some really good stuff on now, I don;t want my brain to tell me Steven Universe is garbage compared to what I grew up with!

Personally I canā€™t wait to see ā€œI miss BFAā€ threads 3 years from now.

The forums never stop.

3 Likes

Lol. That reminds me of a few months back my SO was going full-on nostalgia over the old Voltron (after watching the new Netflix onesā€¦ which he did like). It took less than half an episode to disabuse himself of that.

inb4 ā€œNo one will ever say that.ā€ People said no one would say that about WoD either andā€¦ wellā€¦ I present this thread.

3 Likes

That is fantastic!

ā€œThereā€™s no content!ā€
5/8 normal
Highest m+ is a 3

1 Like

WOD was so universally hated on the forums back then that the first ā€œI miss WODā€ thread legitimately surprised me.

2 Likes

Why did you pick wod? Every expac is better than this hot garbage. More people are going back through content than they are pkaying the banal boring effortless current garbage. 8.1 originally had high hopes that things were going to be addressed, but nope instead we just got a heap of new problems. And whst happens due to blizzards complete lack of quality control the permanently ban people.

Yeah for sure. The first one I saw was shortly before BfA came out and someone was claiming already that WoD was better. Son, there is more content available at launch than was available for the entirety of WoD.

2 Likes

I think BfA content is fine, itā€™s the classes and Azerite armor that Iā€™m not really big on.

Neutral on the story.

Preach. (10 Characters)

1 Like

WoD, I had a guild, BFA 3 weeks in 200+ member guild dispersed so I had to find a new one, as everyone quit.

I think the difference is BFA same crap different smell from Legion, WoD was meh, but class design was better until end of WoD when they killed it.

Content wise, they both the same to me, although I loved Raiding In WoD over Uldir.

But BFA might not necessarily be worse then WoD but people just had enough of crap, lack luster, no thought content and left in BFA.

What OP was probably meant to say was BFA was the final nail in the coffin, content and stuff has been going down hill big time.

At least WoD had Garrisonsā€¦ Lol. BfA is soooo baaaaaad.

OP would rather have nothing than somethingā€¦ wow.

1 Like

WoD pros:
Pvp vendors
Ranged survival hunter

The Two reasons I prefer WoD

Yes, Iā€™d rather have nothing than have something thatā€™s terrible.

1 Like

WOD is bad because it was abandoned.
BFA is bad but its intentional.

Itā€™s less about content for me and more about class design. Classes were far more enjoyable before the Legion round of pruning destroyed them. WoD classes werenā€™t quite as good as MoP classes, but I still enjoyed them well enough.

Horrid class design is why I spent so much of Legion unsubbed and itā€™s the biggest factor why Iā€™ve been contemplating another break.