Why were Horde such massive cowards during Broken Shore?

Do you know why most people play Horde? It’s because they’re sick of the generic fantasy tropes and it’s something different to play.

The last thing Horde players want is to be stuck in the generic fantasy trope that is the Alliance.

Horde players want separation from the Alliance; not a merger. The only reason cross-faction was added was because of all the whining that Alliance players did that “nobody will play with me” and they needed to be bailed out by the Horde.

If anything, the Alliance should have just been deleted from the game, if its playerbase was in such sorry shape as they were claiming.

3 Likes

Barely any worthwhile Horde characters exist because the faction has been villain-batted to Hell & back to stop raids. They’d essentially have to invent new characters out of thin air (and given the way they currently write the Horde, who even wants that?)

Suffice to say, this all goes back to “Horde gets hit with the villain bat too much” That’s it.

Also wasn’t the only reason they were there cause of faulty SI:7 intel

4 Likes

Just to put my two cents in, I like the concept of identity in this game - more racial identity over factions - but I can imagine how odd it must have felt to have your cap city embroiled in a civil war. Wasn’t something I was jazzed about.

Beats me. I stay as far away from Alliance stories as I can.

They’re sick of tropes, they’d rather play Lawful Good Human Paladins with a different coat of paint and more “rustic” architecture according to you.

2 Likes

heres the excuse
sylvanis saw it as a overarching loss due to the demons having reserve troops.
death isnt a way to win a war. losing all your forces means legion owns azeroth.
it was a fly trap basicly and the fly flew out by loosing half its body.

the real reason is probably sylvanis mustache twurling wanting everyone to die

I didn’t say “stick Horde players on Alliance and call it a day”. Quote me where I said that.

Sucks that the preexisting imbalance created a continuing trend after the relevance of that imbalance was gone, but hating Alliance players for that is stupid.

That’s nice.

Especially since NOBODY liked Garrosh and in fact everyone HATED him, not just from the start, but from his initial introduction in Burning Crusade.

It was the ultimate contrived plot device. “Thrall needs to be SO STUPID as to do what EVERYBODY is telling him not to do, and then everyone else just has to sit around and do nothing for years until it escalates out of control.”

Good grief.

2 Likes

Yeah I went to check. Basically a dreadlord impersonated Shaw and said they had a chance at the Broken Shore. So once again, another Alliance extremist is blaming the Horde about something :sob:

1 Like

The writers neglecting to write about the horde outside of faction conflict so they never bother to make anything for us. The way to solve that isn’t to give up and just accept without complaint the idea that the story belongs to the Alliance.

I’m sure you weren’t thinking of it. But this is what we have now, and it’s been Alliance story after Alliance story when we have unified questing/story

1 Like

[Citation Needed]

Thrall was being criticized non-stop. Sorry but we don’t actually care about the “Horde being a family”

Can’t really blame them. It’s not like the Alliance cinematic showed them anything about what was going on.

Alliance cinematic: Varian kicking butt for 4 minutes
Horde cinematic: Varian kicking butt for 4 minutes and 15 seconds of Sylvanas calling a retreat

3 Likes

Cooler villains too.

Warcrafts threats end up dead then…we move onto the next piece of meat.

Eventually they’ll run out of fresh cuts (if they already haven’t).

Thrall was literally stupid enough to settle his people in a barren wasteland as PENANCE FOR THEIR PARENTS’ CRIMES (“The Shattering”), where they relied on hostile foreign powers for basic food security (Glory, Heart of War), and then acted surprised when his own people demanded wars of expansion.

Thrall, as it turns out, was an idiot.

Yeah, but since then we’ve proven that with the power of friendship the alliance, and some horde, can beat anything! So, the Horde left too soon because they were cowards, and Sylvanas.

The real timeline would’ve had Varian and Thrall hold hands to merge into Thrian and rainbow blast Gul’dan

2 Likes

Not a barren wasteland until Daelin clearcut Thunder Ridge which started desertification of the area. Prior it would have been tough living but still quite possible.

1 Like

Then Gul’dan sees the error of his ways and becomes a yoga instructor in Dalaran.

4 Likes

There aren’t many notable Horde leaders left to actually do much with. We’re far too long gone past the point at which that could’ve been an actual thing.

Again, I didn’t say the way it’s working now is great.