Why was their an uproar about belf blue eyes?

The lore around eye colors was never set in stone, and it completely makes sense for belfs to get blue eyes. I understand alliance still wants a copy of them, but they aren’t even a different race. And if helf fans really think that an eye color is all that is separating them then it’s no wonder they aren’t a playable race yet.

8 Likes

Because acting rational.

And realizing High elves are more than eyes.

And not policing a race’s customization.

Is not a thing the forums understands.

33 Likes

There wasn’t. People just like to make multiple threads on the same topic.

4 Likes

Its still not the blue eyes people actually wanted though anyways

3 Likes

I honestly don’t see why the devs don’t just give the people what they want.

Almost seems like they’re personally offended Void Elves aren’t what people wanted so they’re being unnecessarily stubborn about it.

19 Likes

they’re unnecessarily stubborn with every bad mistake they’ve ever made, they think their garbage is gold and don’t stink… like it took 9 years just for them to get rid of Pathfinder on WoD….

2 Likes

IMO its just stupid. High elves are literally blood elves with a different name. They could give it to them and I’d be fine with that, but I don’t understand why people want something we’ve had in the game for years and refuse to play just because its horde. If i want to make a draenei I wont beg them to give me draenei on horde ill just make a draenei.

14 Likes

Humans are dumb animals. That’s why I’d rather play Horde.

3 Likes

I mean I personally don’t care but it would be super easy just to give them a blue eye option and shut everyone up.

Their stubborn refusal to do something so easy and simple is some next level spite.

7 Likes

their lack of foresight when they made Void Elves instead of High Elves is what caused all the riot, they can still fix their mistake easily by giving Void Elves the High Elf Customization, but they refuse to…

9 Likes

Not really. Maybe if they gave a few skin color options, but they are still void elves. The only thing separating helfs and belfs is a little amount of lore. They are the same race with different cultures. A velf that looks like a helf is still not a helf to these people, the small amount of lore separating them is what matters.

Alleira Windrunner is like the Leader of the High Elves and she just looks like a regular old High Elf another reason people are angry

8 Likes

put these topic to rest already

its best if blizz maintains the status quo anyway. dont do anything at all

Alleria Windrunner as any borderline self insert character has a special model that doesn´t necessarily reflect the reality of the playable race (remember Sylvanas and the Forsaken? same principle).

don’t try and justify their lazyness

1 Like

“there”. The word is “there”…

1 Like

Dear, caving to the qq and basically delivering a reskinned Blood Elf with blue eyes IS the actual peak of laziness incarnated.

Devs invested actual time and resources in the current Velf race aesthetically wise. And they did it (regardless of what players believe) because it IS less unethical than delivering a gameplay model from another already playable race with a minor change and calling it a day.

Btw, those very same devs as of right now seem very convinced in no blurring of faction aesthetics whatsoever (no more than they did with current allied races it seems), ergo unless the minset in the Executives in charge of development of the game changes, we can expect no further blurring of faction aesthethics anytime soon.

3 Likes

It’s ok to be lazy if it’s what the vast majority actually want.

No one asked for Void Elves.

3 Likes

Yes this is what I’ve always thought but no one else would get. People call high mountain lazy and LFD lazy when high elves are literally the laziest thing they could do. Void elves are the most unique elves I’ve seen in fiction in a long time, yet they get crapped on and are seen as a punch to the gut because they arent high elves. If it would please the masses, then blizzard might as well give it to them but its still very lazy IMO.

1 Like

fact is people have been asking for High Elves since Vanilla, its like the most request WoW thing of all time and probably the most request thing of all time in video games period, they can easily add it, but they choose not to.

2 Likes