Why was their an uproar about belf blue eyes?

They could easily add it no one disagrees but its literally a horde race and to just copy and paste it into alliance is annoying to belf players and lazy. Like I said b4 I don’t care I they add it but if you want to play a high elf, they are literally there on the character screen. I would like a horde draenei but im not gonna beg for one because that makes literally no sense.

2 Likes

Hard disagree man… the loud complains of a minority will never justify the misuse of the irl money the rest of the playerbase invest in the game.

To put it simple: if helfers pretend to get special treatment over the rest of the playerbase, they should start by paying for the rest of the players (after all they are but demanding to be taken as special customers over the rest or something…)

Man, the wrong thing about Velves is the wonky lore they got attached to them (which frankly made them look like morons that got rewarded with superpowers for their idiocy -and unfortunately that´s a turnoff for some of us-).

With better writers they would had been a terrifically good race (heck, for most players who don´t give a f over the lore they probably are already…)

Yeah I’ve always thought some parts of their lore was stupid. But at least they have unique bits. Elf lore in any franchise is usually just pointy eared magic nature liking human.

Its up to them to as to whether or not they choose to put in the effort to make them look different, I’ve seen a lot of cool High Elf Concepts, they could give them a new unique model, new animations, unique poses, you know all that kind of stuff, I’ve seen dozens fan art concepts that look pretty good and actually look very different, and if they want to add them as customization to Void Elves instead, well ive also seen cool concepts of that too with High Elves having varying degrees of Void Corruption growing on them.

Whether or not the addition of High Elves is something that’s lazy in and of itself to begin with is entirely up to Blizzard and the amount of effort they decide to put into them, but either way adding them in any shape or form would be enough to quell the High Elf demands.

2 Likes

Reigniting the Sunwell was the most idiotic thing the developers ever did for the Belves (it basically put the race back where they started… weakness and all).

2 Likes

Cause for some strange reason there’s a love and hate relationship, almost an obsession, between players and elves in WoW. Me? I’m the kind who wants to see the world burn.

2 Likes

They literally did this with Velves (for the most part). And people STILL complains (I can understrand complains over the stupid lore attached to them, I refuse to adress complains over not looking like a blue eyed belf with slightly more musculature and tatoos -which mind you… still looks like Belf. Yeah I´ve seen that “art concepts” too).

Wanna bet it wouldn´t? Let´s say they put a slightly thinner human model (face and all but no pupils) with a long ears and call it a day (or maybe a Nelf with Belf coloration?) I 100% guarantee people will qq over “not looking like the Helf NPCs do!!!”

That´s the thing… a change in posture with tatoos DOES NOT a good allied race make (it´s just laziness… see Nightnborne; they´re hideous precisely cause it got very little changes in regards to the original Nelf model and look EXTREMELY disimilar to Nightborne NPCs. How many people plays thgem, again?)

1 Like

Can’t have flavour in our elves here, uhn uhn, na na ni na no.

1 Like

you are just arguing for the sake of arguing now

Dude, blame WC3 developers. They were the one that decided Blood elves gave the middle finger to Humans et al.

And mind you, if you people aren´t precisely open to more customization for us, why should we support you? As far as I´m concerned, things in the game related to customizations MUST be kept fair regardless of faction.

And if devs don´t want blue eyed Belves aesthethically wise, they probably don´t want blue eyed Belf clones in Alliance either, period. And I´m ok with that, we both get the same treatment after all.

Actually I´m giving you a taste of reality. Unfortunately for you, you aren´tmore special than the rest of us. and apparently, Blizzard reafirmed that today… AGAIN.

4 Likes

I’m ok aswell, i like our blueberries, they just need a little bit more of relevance and presence.

They are two different species buddy.

They need to get more decently written lore than “X-men ripoffs without the coherent part”… their introduction lore to the game was atrocious.

Dude, don´t even try to bring irl biology on this discussion, especially in the game in which void corrupted titan robot copulation with mutated trolls generate offspring (that´s like pretending to be “purist” on an irl biology concept while the game let the equivalent of an elephant and a dog procreate ffs…).

They are the same race in the biological context of the game; however they´re NOT in regards to cultural deviation (which is what Ion meant on the interview… devs don´t want to give blue eyes to Belves not because Belves mutated on a genetical level but because doing it will erase the impact fel had on the race historically and culturally wise… and the best way to bring this to the average player that never cares over researching specific racial lore is to reflect it on the gameplay model, period).

High Elfs are not something that I personally want and I don’t know why you are being rude and angry with me, Im just here to explain why people want High Elves because that was what the OP was asking and also to give so futher insight about how they could be done in a way that would make them look really good.

Can’t argue with that.

The current modus operandi of bizzard

I’m sure the artists that spent months developing a very specific look and color palette for each character are just being spiteful for not immediately implementing some random arbitrary change.

1 Like

Sorry, but telling the truth is NOT being rude. As muchy as Ion saying “NO” isn´t being rude either.

Helfers need to get a grasp on reality regardless of their individual tastes, period. the game isn´t cattered exclusively towards them, and the sooner they realize it, the better.

2 Likes

though i’d love playable high elves on alliance, eyecolor was never an important part of it.

the only thing blue eyes did do is signify the devs had not as yet killed off the remaining high elves on alliance, so the potential still remained that they might one day be playable.

the moment the only thing that separates a high elf from a blood elf becomes a blood elf aesthetic, is the moment high elf fans know that high elves will never be playable on alliance, cause their only distinguishing feature has been given to horde, essentially erasing high elves on alliance as an unique elf, though basing it all on eye color was silly to begin with.

2 Likes

People have asked for High Elves for like 15 years and they will probably be asking for High Elves for another 15 years… If the game is still alive in 15 years that is…

1 Like