Why was the portal to Zuldazar changed?

I didn’t see it mentioned in the patch notes, but the Org port to Zuldazar takes you to the docks now, instead of the portal room.

Not a huge issue, but…why even make this change? Was having a moderately convenient way to TB and Silithus negatively impacting the game in some way?

4 Likes

To let everyone enjoy the magnificent splendor & architecture on their way back to the throne room.

8 Likes

I noticed it on my Pally too and she’s done the beginning questline there. My alliance toons port to the portal room though.

2 Likes

They changed it? That sucks. 99% of the time I go to Dazaralor it’s for the portals in the portal room.

6 Likes

it made too much sense to use the portal in Org and exit in the portal room in Zuldazar. They make changes for the sake of making changes, no matter how moronic they are.

3 Likes

That gives me at least some hope that the change is unintended.

2 Likes

Have you submitted it as a bug yet? I need to make a list of bugs I’m experiencing and submit them still.

I was so tired the other night when I ported in to Zul, it didn’t even register until you posted this.

1 Like

I just tested it on a toon that had Nazjatar unlocked.

I did get ported to the docks. I also received an auto-accept quest for a “Reins of the Scarlet Pterrodax” mount?

1 Like

The quest was why I went there, it popped as soon as I hit the docks after porting in.

While leveling you auto learn mount training now, and players receive a free flying mount once they hit level 30. That’s all it is. Alliance gets a gryphon if they port into Boralus Harbor.

I made a post on the bug forum, so fingers crossed it gets fixed. If this is intended, it’s dumb.

4 Likes

Responded to that one with my information too.

For others that want to add to it:

2 Likes

They wanted you to fly more!

Man, this patch…

1 Like

So over a month and no word - should we assume this is by design (idiotic design)?

1 Like

DF will be the new player experience in the future. They’re probably moving people away from easy access to portals in the throne room and will probably end up removing those portals altogether (speculation).

Most likely intended. Same reason why the New Dal port got changed from New Dal to Azsuna. I remember porting to Daz during SL due to the fact that it was actually faster to get to the Daz bank than it was the Oribos bank on my mage. Kinda funny that was the case. Oribos suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked!

1 Like

Ditto.

This was a huge bummer for me, and really reduced the convenience factor.

1 Like

Objection. Asked and answered.

Put the portal back!! This was the best hearth spot.