Why was Jaina enthusiastic about working together again?

What does your own moral compass say?

About what?

That which faction is “too far gone”

Horde went too far from the start. There is a difference between killing a king and genocide. Honestly it’s bad writing, but there is a lot, and I mean a lot of bad writing. There has been a few points where the Alliance has gone too far, druids slaughtering civilians in UC for instance, but that is not the same as setting fire to a large number of people.

You mean those Horde that was mass producing experimental weapons to use on the war that can potentially kill more Night elves and Alliance troops alike.

Yes? Those are the ones Shaw wanted us to kill exactly so they couldn’t use those weapons against us later?

Because Jaina’s entire path is based around seeing the error in her thoughts - both as the idealist and the pessimist. She started off too bright-eyed and trusting, became vengeful and bitter and is now walking the line between both: she’ll trust those who have earned her trust but will rain down hell on those who have harmed her and those she cares for.

She is not raining down hell on Saurfang.
Your theory doesn’t make much sense.

1 Like

Clearly Jaina is still wrestling with the 6 different personalities she has flying around in that head of hers. Never know if your going to get a lecture on letting the past go or if she’s going to be frothing at the mouth like a rabid dog. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

She misses Thrall and wants to sing about letting things go.

Because Jaina has found peace within herself. Going home and reconciling with Mom has helped her. Thrall hasn’t had that peace since MoP or so.

The issue is not who has had peace or not.
Why is Jaina suddenly changing her mind about the Horde not being monsters?

Was Baine’s actions all it took? Because even then she was ready to blast him in the face.

Baine’s actions certainly helped, but she couldn’t have gone that far had she not finally faced her past. Had Baine brought an Undead Derek to her before she went home, she’d have killed him. Recovery is a process. Jaina’s isn’t quite done, but it’s progressing nicely.

Often, the darkness inside of us colors how we see others.

3 Likes

I guess we have to agree to disagree because I do not see it that way at all.

1 Like

It’s a matter of point of view. If you see her hatred of the Horde stemming from their being monsters, since they haven’t really changed that much from MoP to now I can see why you wouldn’t understand it. If her hatred was spawned from the wound Garrosh inflicted on her soul, well then if that healed, the way she’d see others would improve as well. You tell me which one has seen more change: the Horde? or Jaina?

Jaina was forgiven for her “sin” so she was more accepted by her mother.
I never got a “I was wrong” impression or message from her.

Not exactly what I was going for. Whether she atoned for a sin, was finally understood in her actions, whatever, she started healing. She had her mother. She was in a better place emotionally, and therefore could see more clearly. It stands to reason emotionally healthy Jaina is more forgiving than emotionally rekt Jaina.

Do you geniunely not understand why I have a problem with Jaina (Alliance) be the ones that are advocating that the Horde still have good in them?

Jaina was healed when Baine showed up too but she was not so forgiving then. So why start now?

I understand your confusion, it’s quite common. World’s full of pain, wounds, anger, etc. If we actually understood it all, it wouldn’t be. I only understand a bit of it.

As I said before, healing doesn’t happen all at once. It’s a process. Confronting Baine at Theramore was a part of that process. A part that couldn’t have happened before reconciliation with her family. Saving Baine was a part of that process. Hearing Thrall’s confession was a big part of that process. Seeing the pain in someone else, not just herself.

I’d say a big part was that the part of Jaina that had worked with the Horde in the past was still in there. Exercising it gave it some power.

1 Like

I would argue that Baine’s actions are where her perception began to shift, but if you watch crossroads until Thrall outright admits all his mistakes and his regret for getting everything wrong she was actually quite cold to him. It was in that moment she saw a reflection of her own guilt at messing up everything that she fully came to terms with the idea of considering the Horde as individuals instead of painting them all with the same brush

2 Likes