Why this game lacks tanks /rant

It’s the same ****. There’s not a lot of talking that goes on in pugging period.

Who cares about who mainly congregates pugs. This isn’t important information. It’s nothing to argue about.

1 Like

Tanking is an aggressive job and expectations are that sort of thing. Kind of in the job description.

1 Like

and there shouldn’t be. less typing more playing. (another benefit guilds have over pugs with VC btw)

There is a lot more to being “social” than talking. The argument is that the tank “shortage” is not due to raid slots.

1 Like

do you communicate through hieroglyphics? perhaps do a safety dance to indicate certain words? I was unaware of this social form of pug gameplay.

I have some tank toons that i sit on, but rarely use. Its nothing dealing with the community or how the game is that stops me from playing them. I just find healing and dps less stressful, not as much to worry about.

This game has a lack of tanks, cause Alliance has a lack of players…

Pugging is inherently a social activity. Last time I checked it is a 5 man job, not a solo mission.

1 Like

Yeah IRL, not on a video game with people you’ve never met in person.

I don’t think there is a tank “shortage” to begin with. So I guess I agree? But we definitely would have more tanks around if there were more than 2 spots soooo

1 Like

and pugging also manages to degrade it to the least social party content can be.

it’s hard to find them in pugs apparently. I surmise this is because of the initiative of the role. Pathing is simple but still something that many with more initiative would take. It also goes to reason people with more initiative will seek a guild.

Yes, we do agree on that.

There might be more tanks, but would there be more tanks pugging? Or staying in-house like I’m sure most are now.

1 Like

I might be more inclined to give tanking a go if the two classes I did play had a tank spec. I’m not going to level a new char, get the necessary items like leggos, conduits and what not, re level yet another covenant, gear up just to join a M+ and get called a scrub.

2 Likes

Probably staying in house. Which I can’t blame them for.

Which brings us to the main issue of the “shortage” is the community and how they treat tanks who are learning or make human-error. I honestly have not seen any sort of flaming, dps pulling for me, ect in higher keys. It really seems to be at the bottom. Where the people who are learning are and their first experience with what the pugging experience might be.

the thing people like the least is involuntarily making them educate you. it’s exhausting for many. there are always vids of pathing and proper play out there, it’s proper etiquette to know the mechanics of a dungeon if you’re going to run it anyways.

everyone values their own time.

I can’t really feel sorry for them tho. You’re just bad. Most people in any game are just bad and will stay bad.

People arn’t going to “educate” and research for Normal/Heroic dungeons. That is where they “dip their toes” into the pugging experience. That is where they get turned off and stick with guilds or friends. Even low keys are where people are supposed to get first hand learning experience.

I’m bad?

1 Like

if normal/heroic I agree. But mythic is a different ball game imo. if you don’t know the mechanics, pathing or how to play your spec in that stage that’s when people get mad. People value their own time. the last thing people want is someone using them as guinea pigs.

No no no gimme a sec. In a key lmao

1 Like

Yes, I agree, but low keys are learning keys. That’s why the timer is so lenient. The point, like the OP, tanks first experience pugging is in that normal/heroic difficulty where dps pulls for you, people rage, ect. The community turns tanks-to-be, away from the role before they can even get into the role. It’s a pug community issue, not necessarily a raid slot issue.

1 Like