Why this game lacks tanks /rant

that’s the popular opinion but the reality is you only need a handful of tanks to raid compared to the rest of your groups. Guilds don’t need a lot of tanks and most people who pug are inherently less sociable and tanking is inherently a leadership role with being in charge of pathing. Not many introverts want that.

Plus again. It’s boring.

Not everyone raids. There are people who only run keys.

1 Like

again. pugs are inherently congregated by introverts due to the nature of them. guilds are more beneficial overall so what’s the benefit of a pug? not having to know people.

Complete subjectivity. Where are you basing this idea from?

That’s assuming the guild is any good to begin with. I personally enjoy pugging, what’s it to you? You are making an awful amount of claims hiding behind a classic alt.

2 Likes

I main tanked and healed for 20 years in various MMOs, but when I came back after a ten-year hiatus to WoW a month before Shadowlands and seen how those two classes where being handled, I chose to make my 1st DPS class that could at least keep myself healed and have stayed solo since. I used to love to run pug groups and raids and learned a lot from them to make myself a better tank and healer, but something about WoW this time around just didn’t sit well with me. So, I symphonize with the original poster.

we can pretend it’s subjectivity but guilds genuinely offer more benefits than a pug ever would. the general pugger is less social than one who keys through a guild. many on the forums for example reason for not joining a guild is that they are afraid of breaking into the mold of social interaction.

Then you get a good guild and leave behind the bad guild. this is a simple process.

and that’s fine.

Looking at OP’s groups and yeah, both his runs have giga-overgeared DPS and healers who probably just wanted a 10 minute run for easy VP.

5 Likes

So you think M+ pugs are more sociable than guilds that are actually trying to get stuff done?

Stop it. That’s ridiculous.

2 Likes

This - just…this.

I learned to tank back in WOTLK between the newly launched random dungeon finder and a kind guild. I remember only one nasty bit back then, I believe it was my 3rd attempt at tanking and it was in HoL. Wasn’t doing good, another DPS snapped and asked another DPS if THEY could tank.

I gave up towards the end of MoP, the nastiness was getting bad then. But it has gotten indescribably worse since the start of Mythic+. Too many M+ ‘badasses’ don’t have the intelligence to realize it when…gasp…they aren’t in M+!

Even a free subscription in exchange for a bar I’d have to fill running at least an average of one random a day as a tank would not be enough to get me to tank.

I mean they’re probably requiring 2500+ io for their 2s, what are they expecting? You could invite people who aren’t insanely overgeared and only there for quick runs if you don’t want to lead a quick run.

2 Likes

That isn’t the argument and you know it.

That wasn’t the argument. Yes, guilds can get more done. You cannot say however, that puggers are “congregated by introverts”.

1 Like

the argument is exactly that. the idea that they are only a group of introverts is something you made up in your head. they can be sociable. but they usually aren’t.

I’m not gunna go that far.

But yeah, if you’re taking 270+ilvl 2500+IO level players for a +2 or +3, then yeah, they’re probably not going to be happy with the scenic route.

4 Likes

You are changing the argument around. You brought up that there are less tanks because guilds have less use for them because of raid slots. I countered that saying that not all tanks/players raid.

1 Like

start your own key sit in lfg and wait this is what wow pve is.

Personally speaking, I tank M+ and raid as DPS.

Way easier to get your KSM (and thus access to better gear) in a season compared to purely DPS’ing.

You can claim that I’m changing the argument around all day. The reality remains that most people who pug are less sociable than guild players. Yes there are guild key runners. But they like to stay in their guild. Why would they pug unless they liked it?

Yes, keep ignoring:

There are many people who only M+, some do both, some only raid. Your raid slot argument is very flawed.

1 Like

no idea, i tank often on my DH and I never had this problem.

They do have less use of them. M+ is one facet of gameplay. Raids tend to go side and side with M+. Not that much depending on the guild maybe, but people will want to group with the tanks that raid more so they get their vault.