Why the new mount equipment system feels so underwhelming

Well yeah, that will happen really fast since BM hunters are back to being the whipping boys again. Just like when BFA hit and they took bres from the few exotic pets that could have it. And when Bliz promised we’d have our raid wide run speed buff returned… and it wasn’t. That time BM almost made it to top hunter spec… and now its’ back at the bottom. Cause evidently a class with the same amount of buttons in rotation as every other class has now is somehow dangerous because movement.

2 Likes

Welcome to the new lead development team. The “do it my way and the community is toxic for not agreeing” kind.

6 Likes

I’m not as enthusiastic as I was before but I’m still in favor of the change.

I wouldn’t, nice assumption there.

Okay? You’re free to reply to whatever you want.

I posted in a thread about leveling alts faster asking if War Mode was worth it (especially as Alliance), as it’s a new feature this expansion and I hadn’t tried out leveling using it yet.

Oh no pardon me, I didn’t know you’re only allowed to voice feedback if you’re a game developer.

Pack it up guys, only game developers allowed on these forums, all other opinions should just be disregarded because obviously none of us know anything about game development.

And just a tip: You can easily reply to what I said disagreeing with my opinions without making any personal attacks on me. If you had cut that part out I might have even agreed with you.

1 Like

I like the idea of the change, just this current version is too basic and underwhelming.

Again, if they just made it per mount rather than per character and gave angler reps a discount then every problem I can think of about the system would go away.

4 Likes
2 Likes

Not even Ray Charles is getting dazed or knocked off his mount more than a couple times here and there, and how hard is it to have a parachute on your hot bar? Stick with waterwalking on whatever mount you enjoy most. Win all day. But pretend its a big problem just to have something to gripe about. /zip it

:laughing:

:ice_cream:

So it’s okay for you to make personal attacks on the game developers? Kind of a “can’t take it but will dish it out” type of thing, no?

To be fair I notice some of my classes get dazed a lot easier than others. My priest has to give mobs a wide berth, to be sure. And with these more densely packed areas of legion and BfA its harder than ever to avoid pulling something.

2 Likes

Saying that the devs keep making changes that make things worse and not better is not a personal attack on the devs. It is criticizing the job they are doing, leaving feedback about changes to the game, what these forums are literally supposed to be about. And I’m sure you’re going to tell me “that feedback isn’t constructive though” conveniently ignoring my sentence right before that saying it would be better if it was per mount and not per character.

Maybe you should review the Code of Conduct:

Welcome to the Blizzard Forums! These forums are here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss ideas, give game play advice, role-play, and converse about any other aspects of Blizzard games with other players. Community forums are at their best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you conduct yourself in a civilized manner when participating in these forums.

:sunglasses: take off the shades at night and avoid things. :slight_smile:

If you are having trouble, I am sorry. Later

They took it one step further and now the mount loses the ww ability if you take any amount of falling damage. I wonder how they are going to do the other abilities. Will the parachute fail if you hit a tree and fall to your death? Will the stun resistance only last for x number of hits? This is not good so far.

If they leave the ww ability as it is now, then only the mob damage will remove it. Time will tell if it’s a bug or intended.

1 Like

This is not criticism:

That’s just a pure dismissive insult and insinuation that the devs are making things worse on purpose, without a shred of “feedback”.

So what’s your excuse for treating the game devs without any respect or courtesy?

I’m thinking my main will use the free token for water walking and the others will just have either flying or running mounts just as I had before I got the strider this year. I won’t pay to get a feature on a mount. I think it’s sucky system.

2 Likes

Lol I knew it.

This is constructive feedback. Just conveniently ignore it and tell me I’m lobbing personal attacks at the devs so you can excuse lobbing personal attacks at me.

1 Like

This isn’t what anyone has been complaining about. I don’t even know where you got that.

You are gaining exactly one ability that can be applied to all of your mounts at once on one character only. If you want to use a different ability, you lose the equipment already applied and will have to repurchase that ability if you want to go back to it in the future.

If you want any of your other characters to have any abilities, they will have to purchase the equipment for whichever ability you want to use. Again, if you decide a different piece of equipment will be more advantageous, you will lose whatever you have currently slotted.

It doesn’t matter how many abilities are offered in the future, you will have to purchase each and every one you want to use for each and every character you want to use it on. Each character can only use one ability at a time, and each character will have to repurchase the equipment if they want to use it again.

3 Likes

I addressed that part of your comment and why it can’t be per mount. We’ll all put water walking on one mount, anti-daze on another, parachute on a different one and a flier…so we’ll have 4 mounts on our bar that we’ll ever use.

What do I do with the rest of my 347 mounts?

Put relevant abilities on them and use them as you will, crazy, I know

4 Likes

Right, so you disagree with me on that. Like I said, you could have just as easily made a post disagreeing with me without lobbing any personal attacks on me. Because frankly, I can understand what you’re saying, it does make some sense to me about why maybe it shouldn’t be per mount.

You catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

What do you do with them now?

Personally, I rotate through my mounts, and have different ones as the main mounts for all my numerous alts. If it was a per mount system, I would put different gear on far more than four mounts.

2 Likes