Why the new mount equipment system feels so underwhelming

Because contrary to what they say it wasn’t designed to give players choice or freedom but quite the opposite really. It was created solely for 3 specific reasons

• to nerf the water strider

They’ve been trying for 2 expansions now to remove this mount’s ability

• a way for blizzard to restrict players movement options however they see fit in further expansions

One can easily see players needing a new type of water walking equipment in the next expansion and lo and behold to unlock that vendor you need to do x, y, z which will take you until X.1 or so

• do both of these in a way that palpable to the general audience

They tried throwing the frog into the boiling water with removing flying and it blew up in their face. They’ve learned, you need to put the frog in the water then slowly boil it, while telling the player base kind words to they take whatever bad decisions you make and even defend you.

86 Likes

I feel like this is exactly right. More of a way to control how players move.

Every decision is about control over the players and not for fun.

40 Likes

Jesus. So many players ranting about water walking mount… if that’s a nerf to water walking mount, it’s a nerf to Shamans and Death Knights water walking abilities too. Add that into ya’ll discussions. Holy crap :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:.

5 Likes

It’s useless. Blizz said it was too powerfull, however flying is coming out and they wasted their time on mount equipment. Good job blizz.

5 Likes

Previosuly: 1 mount had water walking.

Soon: Every mount can have water walking.

shrugs

9 Likes

They did this precisely when flying come out because ‘no one’ will care too much about water walking because they’ll be flying. It’s only until 9.0 when there’s no flying again and all of a sudden water walking is gated too now that people will notice and by then it will be too late

30 Likes

Or… no mount has water walking because you use the no daze equipment instead! Or the other one and then you don’t get the no daze equipment or water walking.

Yes, sounds perfect. /s

20 Likes

You do know you can use different equipment for every mount right?

1 Like

It’s per character not mount my man

12 Likes

its a great idea but bad implemented, just like 80% of the stuff they create

8 Likes

Hmm? Pretty sure the equipment is per mount

1 equipment for all mounts just tested on the PTR

12 Likes

Foo!

I’m grumpy now.

3 Likes

Its per character. One equipment somehow affects every mount at the same time, only one at a time though, but a bug that naturally walks on water suddenly cant.

Blizzard logic.

13 Likes

Its closer to mount homogenization system than mount equipment system.

Your mount doesnt equip them, its your character that does.

5 Likes

this is soo boring
I’m going to watch TV

They didnt even bother to fix the waterstrider bug.

If you get hit by a mob you lose the waterwalking effect and have to remount.

Last I heard it was a single slot for all mounts per character. My main and my alt will have two different slots, but it will be a single slot for all mounts on my main. Do you have something that corrects that?

Because it makes no sense for them to try to make us choose between equipment (which is what they are trying to accomplish) if I can slap 1 equipment on 1 mount and another on a different mount.

Exactly. All this crying is just a way for players to say “Oh no I am not going to be the only one having a water walking mount that I worked so hard for” or “I am no longer ABOVE others and my elite status is going away.”

People need to get over it. We are gaining abilities on mounts that don’t have abilities at all and there will for sure be a whole lot more in the future.

5 Likes

No it wasnt, end thread