Why the level 58 boost is bad for the game #stoptheboost

They don’t even do this in retail do they?

only at the end of expansions. But levelling doesn’t matter in retail so the boost doesn’t either (which kind of makes it overpriced) but levelling in classic DOES matter therefore the boost IS a problem in classic (which means if the boost is the same price as in retail then it’s a better value for money which makes it more p2w).

Then good news, you’ll still be leveling 58-70.

You’d be a good candidate for fresh. :smiley_cat:

I don’t understand what you mean.

No, they weren’t.

I agree, but doesn’t matter. The issue is botting not boosting. It’s that simple

I’ll guess I’ll spell it out for you because you don’t seem to understand. If you are playing WoW already you are already paying a monthly Sub, have High Speed Internet, and a modern computer. If you have the funds to buy all that, paying the little extra for a one time boost shouldn’t be a problem for you. Sure there might be a few people that is affects, but the vast majority or the community is not going to have a problem.

I did read you post you are talking about need to buy a boost for professions to remain competitive, you do not need that. But sure just dance around this one.

If someone boosting takes away from something you did, then that is your personally problem. It doesn’t affect me.

I’m reading I just copy the title instead of the whole thing to make it a easier read for people. How do you not understand this?

Until those things you are fearmongering about happen that is all it is fearmongering. Its funny you saying I don’t have a legitimate argument when yours is bases off of “what ifs”

The fact that you spend this must time replying to a rhetorical question shows me your lack of understanding on any point I’m trying to make. OBVIOUSLY modern systems shouldn’t be banned…

Not going to reply to this because again your lack of understanding what I’m trying to say is unreal.

Good lord you really don’t understand anything I’m saying do you? I’m bringing this up because if you are this against boosting you should be against this also, but I don’t see a single comment or post from you asking Blizzard to do anything about this.

You honestly think I didn’t read what you type again? Should I have copied and pasted your whole statement over? You are just retyping everything you typed before. How are you this clueless? Are you trolling or just this dumb?

No they are not. I have seen all these arguments time and time again from the day boost was announced.

Probably best to argue that in the actual thread, with the actual poster. I’ve got nothing for ya.

Wow, you’re a busy little Orc.

So I CAN upgrade my toaster oven! COOL!!1! :wink:

Doesn’t take that long to type when everything he says is just something someone else had said on another thread. I already know how to respond. As I pointed out, none of his thoughts are original.

Just a tad of sarcasm, it makes every day better!

If you reply Leonethas, I’ll go ahead and let you know not to bother I will not be responding, your lack or understanding and critical thinking from your last post shows me that anything I say to you I’ll have to spend the next 30 min explaining what I meant.

As my Dad once told me “You cannot argue with stupid people because they think they are right”

You can’t agree and then default back to your original position because it is in opposition to mine. Also, repeating your original one-line statement doesn’t counter my counter point.

maybe this is hard for some people on it’s own. Maybe they can’t afford it every month. Maybe they live in a wealthy household but they don’t own the funds and the people who do (let’s say parents), may be pretty strict on how much can be spent on video games.

says who. Almost every1 has known people, whether it be in pugs or guilds, who have terrible internet. Hell, I played in a turkish guild in classic and most of them had terrible MS and disconnected all the time.

There is a lot of variance in ‘modern computers’. There’s high end and low end. It’s not so much that outdated PCs aren’t still in circulation, it’s just that better technology is cheaper than it was 10 years ago let’s say.

key word being ‘if’ baring in mind what I’ve just pointed out

who says, even if you have all of the things you mentioned before, that the person playing wow bought those things for themselves and/or even if they did buy them with their own money, who says that they are still in the same financial situation they were in back then when they bought the PC, the internet etc…

Basically ‘‘my situation = majority of the player base’s situation’’

Your the one doing the dancing my friend. I didn’t say there was a LITERAL need to buy a boost for profession alts, I said that it would be an objective fact that buying boosts on a new account would be the most competitive way to get said alts during TBC and could make many competitively minded players feel compelled to buy the boost, which is just as important as the game literally forcing you to buy it for those players. Player psychology matters A LOT when it comes to game design. To pretend it doesn’t exist when you implement microtransactions is disingenuous.

But the point is, I cannot reverse the time I have invested into the game. Blizzard got players like myself to invest into classic thinking we’d be getting ‘the classic experience’ only to have the ripped away when it comes to TBC. My time = my money and therefore matters just as much as yours. So, you might say so why does that mean that they should do what I want? Well that’s because you don’t care either way, the boost ‘doesn’t effect you’ according to yourself so that means it NOT being in the game also does not effect you whereas for me, I’d argue that it does effect me and others therefore it being in the game DOES impact me. Your whole defence of the boost doesn’t come from a need, it comes from an impartiality because you can’t actually defend on the boost with any substantial arguments that justify it as a need and that’s because saying the boost is a necessity for the game is objectively untrue.

If that’s the case then make arguments that actually acknowledge what I wrote because with how shallow and pathetic most of your ‘counters’ were, it read as if you had not read them at all. I’m still convinced you have.

This is a half truth. It’s a half truth because, whilst not being explicitly false, it uses a charged term that implies that my arguments are irrational. You could have chosen many other terms that would come attached with a lot less negative connotations that would be equally if not more accurate such as ‘predicting’ or ‘projecting’ etc…

I’d argue that my arguments are based off of logic such as ‘adding a boost that makes it quicker to get to a level where you can make gold will help gold-farming bots’. This isn’t purely ‘what if’ because it logically makes sense that’s how it would go without it having happened yet. Other ‘‘what ifs’’ as you call them are based off of the historical precedent blizzard has set and that wow’s history has set. We’ve seen boosts come into the game once before and we did see the impacts just on a lesser scale than what I predict will happen in classic because of the expansion that boosts originally released in.

The problem is you don’t understand how to use rhetorical questions justly and appropriately. In court, it’s like when a lawyer tries to ask a testifying witness a question that will work against the witness regardless of how they answer because of the way the question is set up. I had to answer your ‘rhetorical’ question in order to show how what you were trying to imply with the rhetorical question was a false premise. External and internal systems are not at all directly comparable. You were trying to imply that they were directly comparable by bringing external factors up as a counter to me talking about keeping modern INTERNAL factors (such as retail changes) out of classic.

More like ‘‘I’m not going to reply because I can’t think of anything intelligent to say but I’m going to pretend that it’s because Leonethas doesn’t understand so that I don’t discredit my own argument’’

Disagreeing and highlighting the flaws in your arguments is not the same as not understanding. Only a narcissist would assume that.

My reply that you just dismissed with that ‘you really don’t understand do you?’’ is the exact explanation of why I am not against both in the same way. Not ‘in the same way’ is key because if you’d read the OP you’d know that I also don’t think dungeon boosting is conducive to a positive player experience and a healthy community and should be nerfed through other small changes (the exact type that I’m for, NOT against!) such as nerfing XP gained inside a dungeon whilst in a group with a high level player.

yes

you could have at least tried to make an intellectual argument by quoting certain segments of my OP and then explaining why you disagree with it with responses that go beyond ‘‘fearmongering’’ ‘‘you don’t understand do you?’’ and ‘‘clueless’’.

I’m wondering the same thing about you my friend.

yes but were the ones that you saw ALL before my EU post? If you can’t prove that they were then your original argument is false.

De-BS’d version: ‘‘I, Willburr, am surrendering the debate because I can’t think of anything clever to say and can’t be bothered making myself look like a clown anymore’’.

Thank you Willburr!

There you go.

Again, basically ‘‘I forfeit the discussion because I don’t have any actual arguments’’

there you go.

Here we go again.

here you go again.

Maybe if I copy and past it enough you will understand…

the same applies to you. I mean it’s been clear from the start that your sole purpose of engaging in this thread was to troll and derail the conversation.

And btw, ironically, you’re going to end up spending the same 30 minutes spamming your nonsense anyway by copy pasting this so what’s the difference between that and countering my arguments?