Why the lack of Customization?

Reminds me of the BE dudes duck lips.

Yeah. I can confirm this as well.

People yell all the time about an ‘anti discord being made to harass high elf people’ when in reality, it’s a bunch of friends hanging out. Yeah, both sides have been petty. But I’ve seen a LOT of toxicity from that side(high elf fanatics), and the discord, and I have proof. My battletag is DES#12770 if anyone wants to take me up on that, too.

It gets tiresome seeing these narratives painted and them playing the victim when it’s shown they spam and invade threads. And no, I’m not talking about ALL high elf fans. Certainly not. Certain parties, however, yes.

Could you imagine if I went off the rails on everyone who disliked the idea of San’layn? (For the record, a number of them are against San’layn. Yet I can handle that and be a mature adult about it.) Sure, I stand solidly with my beliefs and wants. I’ll strongly disagree with people. I will state my opinion like everyone else. But for gods’ sakes, I don’t call for flooding or say someone is being toxic toward me for simply disagreeing or sharing their opinion. People can have it. That’s fine. I will call out when someone directly insults me, which incidentally happens a lot.

I’ve never cared about high elves as much as people try to paint a narrative that I do either way. I find them incredibly boring and if they want to do that to void elves, fine. They can get whatever, but I want what I want for blood elves and hope to see stuff someday too.

But simply not being interested in it is enough to be an ‘anti’ for some people. Things get even worse when they leak off of forums and certain users target other users off the forums, like I described above. (which was false flagged but not deleted because it’s the truth. :fox_face: )

It wouldn’t be an issue so much if the ‘anti discord’ didn’t keep getting brought up as proof that these people are ‘horrible and evil’ on a regular basis, when in reality it’s a bunch of people angry that they have different opinions. And then, when someone points out otherwise, it’s ‘stop causing drama’! when they bring it up first and then play victim.

Seriously. I know it’s not all high elf fans that do this. But the people who do really need to open their eyes.

Edit: Sorry for derailing, I feel it had to be said since people aren’t letting it go.

As for the NB model, yeah…the scowl is kinda… eeeh.

7 Likes

It doesn’t look like the customization is helping nb much sadly. If they won’t fix the faces though, it won’t help much.

6 Likes

thats a nightborne???

3 Likes

Lock or delete this topic.

It has been resolved.

MrGM on twitter made some list on Nightborne and Lightforged.

Looking good so far. But they could use a bit more.

Like Glowing Hands/Felborne for Nightborne and Some darker skins for Lightforged.

11 Likes

Just gonna throw my 2 coppers in to say there’s been a lot of nasty crap that’s happened over the last 3 years, most of the really bad stuff occurred at the beginning and right after the Ion phrase .

But I think you don’t see people going out of their way to bring proof is because

1. It happened so long ago and people don’t care enough to go looking through really old stuff
  2. A lot of it was back before the new forum layout we have so many of those threads can’t be found anymore

Regardless. As I said earlier, it’s been so long ago there’s not even a point to go scrounging looking for it, a lot of the really bad stuff isn’t anything that’s been done by you or Tarrok or Lann or Mag or Star etc

Mostly by set up troll accounts that got dealt with at the time in old forum format.

1 Like

Looking into the female nightborne hair styles, it was actually one of the things that really disappointed me about nightborne. I saw a couple of really nice ones though that are being added, and I’m happy about that.

Also, ‘hair decorations’ - I hope it’s a trend to separate hair stuff going forward. Like tiaras and such in general.

6 Likes

You did get the point of the no proof comments are the people, even within the last few hours that drop into the thread and just state as fact that we, especially those of us listed individually there are bad toxic people.

Just pointing out that it just seems like a whisper campaign to get people to just accept how supposedly bad we are as a base point.

4 Likes

I have seen some are getting separated.

I don’t know if they all are. I’m not on the PTR.

4 Likes

That’s some great news, I really like to hear that. Small thing but good to hear, honestly.

at least core race trolls finally have an updated bat form

:blue_heart:

6 Likes

Oh wow, that’s really lovely, I’m so jealous. Not really wanting to roll a troll, but good for them! Super neat.

1 Like

its for all druids but man that troll bat form was looking dingy

2 Likes

MrGM just posted a video on new Nightborne stuff!

Edit; Seems they gave Nightborne some Night Elf like Skin/Hair colors.

6 Likes

Half the faces have the scowl and it ruins them. They should have the scowl as a different option like the other check options.

8 Likes

Sorry, my point was more along the lines that neither side should be attributing a scant few extremely toxic individuals as part of the groups at large.

I was saying the most vile stuff came from randos riding under the “anti helfer” / “helfer” banners, but those few individuals aren’t reps of both of the major groups.

And you honestly cannot go look through the majority of old forum posts once the new forum layout came, otherwise I would, I’m a stickler for providing sources (hope that’s been noticed by now about me).

But I also think if I were to carry that hate (of those random trolls) around for 3 years it would’ve been extremely unhealthy and I’m glad I haven’t.

2 Likes

Which eventually got fixed after much outcry about em.

So please Blizzard let’s fix those Nightborne scowls!!! 🥲 :raised_hands:

3 Likes

Well since I’m who asked for proof, I’ll just give you an E for effort and leave it at that so hopefully this can take backburner at least from me because it’s not that big of a deal to me given it has nothing to do with customizations that we have seen or are seeing now so.

3 Likes

There we go :hugs: all the pink hairs for ya!

2 Likes