Why the lack of Customization?

I think the point is rather which group gets to dress like Alleria, who is totally bringing the equivalent of 70’s fashion back.

Farstriders… just don’t look like that modernly. Which is odd and implies an aesthetic change, and this is true for every thalassian regardles of faction. Why did the braided hairstyles, feathers or paint run out of fashion?

It’s either that, or that Farstrider aesthetic was never actually elven and it was just the alliance High Elves that started being influenced by Wildhammer dwarves lol.

I think it’s the former tbh. But yeah, it’s just odd that thalassians lost that aesthetic in the last 20 years. And I think the ACTUAL reason is simple meta narrative; they gave those aesthetics to Night Elves when they introduced them on War3, when the Elves became “High Elves”, their druidic roots downplayed, and instead the lore focused in a more high fantasy arcane approach.

So yeah, they could bring back the Farstrider aesthetic back, but it makes as much sense for either side. It’s a retro thing in universe. Makes sense for VE’s to bring it back to honor Alleria.

12 Likes

I love your art style <3 these look so good!

1 Like

Actually I think his point was if you are a player wanting Blood Elves to be ‘unique’ then why continue to ask for a customization option that is Valid to Void Elves as well, considering Alleria is the VE leader it means it’s Valid for Void Elf players to ask for that same customization option as well.

It is highly likely to end up in another situation like the current, where those BE players go ‘see VEs trying to just take our customizations again!’ when this time it’s actually valid for both groups to receive Farstrider customization options like Alleria’s warpaint/feathery braids.

5 Likes

Mmm, I guess that just means it’s more of a magical curse rather than a biological change, even if the vector for both would be Blood.

It’s like a magical virus.

Oh yeah, what I am saying is that saying “The Farstrider aesthetic belongs to X” groups is by itself, a fraught discussion when while it applies to both groups for slightly different reasons, everything in universe points out to it being “out of fashion”

But yeah, it IS weird when Blood Elven players ask for “Unique” customization options that only the leader of their opposing faction of elves wears lol.

I get it being a general Farstrider aesthetic for both sides, but making the argument of uniqueness on it for BE’s when the leader of the Void Elves wears it, it’s kinda lol.

6 Likes

I call this blue post a lie. I thought Hactivision told Blizzard to fire all of you QA/CM’s to save a few hundred thousands for their stock holders.

So this is where the game needs attention? Natural hair colors, ear sizes, and travel forms?

How about substantive changes that will actually affect gameplay?

WHY AREN’T THE ARTISTS CODING!!!?!?!

14 Likes

How dare you wear my precious Cryptstalker zappy girl! :stuck_out_tongue:

…what? What in God’s name are you talking about?

lol ikr?

Like going to a hospital and yelling at the cafeteria waitress

HEY YOU!!! MY MOTHER HAD A HEART ATTACK! DO SOMETHING!!

xD

10 Likes

Why are you talking about “substantive changes that will actually affect gameplay” in a customization thread?

8 Likes

You don’t play alliance do you? In telogrus there’s the umbral rangers with their voidstalkers, they take part in alliance campaign.

Wrong.

Your whole visual theme is the light, enjoy.

I don’t get your logic. You want to look distinct from void elves but you ask for the exact same options as their leader Alleria windrunner… You are doomed to fail, that’s all i have to say. When void elves get tats that look like their leader and blood elves get the same thing but with different colors don’t say that i didn’t warned you. Alleria tats make sense for blood elves AND void elves, you want tats like Alleria? Fine. But don’t cry for uniqueness while you do this, because this features are not what will make you distinct from void elves.

9 Likes

Because “Customization” is what Blizzard is spending an awful lot of time on. Focus resources to the areas that will retain the playerbase, not things which have zero effect on gameplay.

Again, then what do you want the artists to be working on lol. You DO realize they are not the same team in charge of gameplay, right? It’s such a weird argument man.

10 Likes

You keep on answering and giving the H/V Elf fans what they have wanted. Meanwhile there has been absolutely NO COMMUNICATION at all to the worgen players.

Can we please get SOMETHING from you? It’s really disheartening. I mean, people on here and the worgen threads have been trying to get their voices heard for literally 10 years and the threads we have up have yet to receive any sort of acknowledgement or attention.

In fact… You all TOOK AWAY customization options from us. We no longer have the 8.2.5 eye glow. You guys instead added oversaturated and unfinished glows that look completely unflattering. These eyes right here are completely gone.

Unacceptable.

10 Likes

Been there, done that dude. I’ve asked for the runic scarification marks iconic to the Belf TBC gamebox and the scars since MoP in these forums. Guess what, the devs decided 3 models for armbands were more relatable to actual Belf cultural portrayal, pfffff.

And sorry but Fallyn will give her own declaration about how many years Horde players have been asking for a freaking eye color and a skin tome, but I’m absolutely dure this goes as far back as TBC itself if not longer.

1 Like

"I Want Blood Elves to be Unique by using the look that only exists in game on the Void Elf Leader, Alleria Widrunner" Is certainly a take.

Like don’t get me wrong, would love that farstrider aesthetic to make a return, but to make the argument of it… as an unique feature for Blood Elves is just really, really weird.

12 Likes

Except the visuals you listed in all your examples have barely any visual impact on the model at all, if you were to create a Void elf, give her the same face, same skin color, same hair color and stand them next to a Blood elf with the same options, they would look like the same person, but with a different hairstyle. This very reason is why Helfers are “content” with the new options, and why literally everyone is saying they can look 99% like a high elf, is because the different hairstyles are not impactful differences.

Your entire argument hinders on you needing to exaggerate the significance of extremely minor differences like hairstyle, eye color, and jewelry, which most of those examples only truly apply to the female portion of the playerbase, and even then they’re not compelling in any aspect.

Right, you really think the Helf camp would have been okay with these options if they could only appear 50% like a high elf? Your argument is extremely disgenious because you’re attempting to undermine an very valid concern players have with “jewelry” and it’s pretty absurd, considering how much value your thread put into “hair color” alone, and how you yourself in your own thread have conceded that you can pretty much look identical to a High elf. (which share identical models with blood elves)

No, you exaggerating minor visual differences that have very little impact on the overall visual appearance of the race, and have tried repeatedly to downplay the overwhelming amount of similarities. Tell anyone here that they can only look 50% like a High elf, and tell me how that goes.

The fact that you think Void elves look 50% different from Blood elves really paints the absurd nature of your argument.

4 Likes

It’s not just worgen either. Every fanbase other than HE and VE feels ignored right now, minus the small amount of attention NB and LFD got. And like I said earlier, this patch was supposed to be about them, and they’ve just been shoved to the side to make announcements about VE / HE over and over again, which is very frustrating considering they desperately needed it.

5 Likes