Why the lack of Customization?

Not to mention… they literally could have just been transmog options. Entirely baffled as to why they didn’t end up that way. The bracelets are bracers… I’ve seen armor that looks nearly identical to some of those barber shop options.

3 Likes

Linxy Post #1 - Nightborne Female
Linxy Post #2 - Nightborne Male

I assume that you haven’t seen the posts in this thread about NB?

It’s a decent start, but it adds neither variety nor quality to the Nightborne. It’s all just very…basic.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! These hair colors and the tentacle toggle basically answer my Void Elf wants!

Now forgive me for seeming greedy but… any chance you guys could enable the already existing Dark Ranger skin tone and red eyes for Blood Elves? I know I’m not the only one who wants the option to make my Blood Elf character look like the Dark Ranger or San’layn NPC’s we’ve seen interacting with the Horde. I mean, it’s just flipping a switch to make them show up in the skin and eye lists for players… so why not?

Example:

31 Likes

No. This is the patch for allied races’ customization.

Maybe in the future but Blizzard said a while ago they wanted velf hairstyles to be unique to velfs. They have already added new hairstyles to belfs so I don’t know if they’d add more any time soon, but if they do hopefully they’re unique to belfs.

This looks so good wtf

Easy money Blizzard.

6 Likes

I find it ironic that Blizzard is drawing a line at keeping Velf options unique to them while handing over all Blood Elf options, but.

I hope you are right. I hope Blood Elves do get something for this.

1 Like

Void elves only got color variations, nothing unique to them like the new belf hairstyles. I personally don’t want them to get any more attention after this for a while, there are other races that need more customization.

That is literally all I want for my beloved main. I would be so happy I might honestly cry.

9 Likes

/s

jewellery is extremely important to blood elves. it defines them and is much more important to them then it is to other races

This means literally nothing. Zero. And the reason it means zero is because we were told off rip that during Shadowlands beta and all that that the AR’s would not be a focus and would receive very minor touchups such as being able to change face / eye color and all that, but that it was time to focus on core races.

And then what happened? Void elves receive everything blood elves got involving skin tones and were made the exception for round 1, receiving an entire second theme.

This comment? It is irrelevant. Blizzard opened the doors themselves when they made this happen with the initial customization wave. We have every right. And if the high elf community proved anything, if we scream loud enough, we’ll get it eventually. Now it’s our turn.

7 Likes

You can only hope. It’s nice that they’re even giving the ARs something even when we were told they were done with customizations for the expansion.

3 Likes

Not to mention, max covenant story (I forgot the name… been a while) unlocks all of the customization options for the entire account, so mixing and matching with those options would be sweet in my opinion!

Ooooh renown that’s right.

1 Like

They also got the tentacle remove option and Blood Elf skin tones in an early patch, making them seamlessly Blood Elves with messy hair :grimacing:

1 Like

Maybe my Zandalari will get the love she deserves.

3 Likes

Hopefully when Void Elves get their customization pass, they’ll get unique animations and stances like Nightborne do, to help separate their general silhouette and aesthetic further.

3 Likes

While I get you’re focusing on allied races, I don’t get how you can honestly believe void elves are the allied race that needs more customization options the most.

Lightforged draenei, Nightborne, and others (specifically the male models of many allied races) seem to have way fewer options.

Feels like you’re just catering to the loudest crowd no matter what and are also completely ignoring what you’re doing to blood elves’ racial identity when you copy paste their customization options over to the other faction.

The fact you only seem to listen to those void elf fans who want high elf options also makes me believe this isn’t about what players want at all but just an attempt to make those people who want to RP as high elves who are on Horde atm go to the Alliance. Of course void customization wouldn’t do anything for that because those void elf players who like the void theme are already on Alliance.

12 Likes

Welp, I’m going to go faint now.

Thank you, Linxy, truly. Hope you guys know how much we appreciate it. I can’t wait to level multiple characters again! Having a character that can resemble both Umbric and Alleria gives us the widest spectrum possible for void elves. Hopefully in time both void elves AND other races can have some tattoos, provided you guys have plans for that to begin with. Nevertheless, will try to be more positive in the future and engage more in constructive requests and feedback.

Thank you so much again, I can’t remember the last time a CM engaged with us this much.

Edit: I’m also sorry for the way some people will react to this. Please don’t let yourself feel down. I’m sure the team is working on something for everyone. Best of luck to you all.

8 Likes

It does because they said that today. Void elves did not get anything remotely unique, just a copy paste of skin colors in 9.0 and now hair colors and ears. Great. It’s not time for belfs, Nightborne need more things first, they’re the most scuffed race.

I wouldn’t expect BFA ARs to get much for a bit. Who knows though, surprises are nice.

I’m hoping for Magenta eyes that should have been given to Draenei in the first pass, but I’m also accepting the fact that it might not happen.

3 Likes

Oh yeah, I always forget about the tentacle stuff. It doesn’t make it a new hairstyle, but it is a good change for them.