Why the lack of Customization?

Yeah, I’m hoping they actually make company-wide changes and show improvement. I’m giving my suggestions now with hopes they’ll be considered later, since I’m having fun in a different MMORPG anyway. I technically don’t even need to be speaking up or saying anything, but I still have the subscription for a few months.

It’s not all about me, though. If my ideas are favored and my lore reasons are solid, and Blizzard picks it up, it means I’ll have helped the community I actually care about by contributing.

And who knows. I may return to the game if they continue to listen to the community (and not just the endgamers) & make changes to improve conditions in the company. I might be an optimist, but I like to think people can change. Not to mention those still working there that can’t easily get another job and are good people. For their sake, I hope the company improves & the game too.

1 Like

And hair color, why can’t my human mage have pink hair? all races should have all hair colors imho.

9 Likes

oh I am sorry, I completely didn’t know that you were financial manager and human resources for Blizzard Entertainment. It must be soooo much money to take care of adding dark rangers/sanlayn customization for blood elves because it costs ten thousands of dollars just to add them in! you are totally right. why didn’t we all realize this? they would be bankrupt if we are to bring those customizations it! oh no! /sarcasm

This isn’t an echo-chamber thread. But you obviously are just stomping in here about your feelings hurt. This is my last time talking to you, because it’s really pitiful to see someone fighting so hard and hurting people of wanting something to enjoy their game.

ps: I just wont ignore you. but I’ll just keep watching you throwing tantrums.

1 Like

You are incredibly ignorant when it comes to game development, and the people who actually make it happen

and yet you want these same people to give you MORE cosmetics as you patronize them like that?

pffft.

get lost.

Pink hair for all!

8 Likes

PINK HAIR FOR ORCS!

3 Likes

Don’t Orcs have already pink hair?

It has been so long since I’ve played Orc. :laughing:

PINK FOR TAURENS

1 Like

I support this the most of anything people want or ask for in these threads including myself because it really needs to be a thing. :heartpulse: :heartpulse: :heartpulse:

2 Likes

Because personally? Blood Elves NEED some unique customization options/other themes to make up for us getting both void and high elf options. Dark Rangers make sense and should be a given since there have been dark rangers in the Forsaken since before vanilla (some of whom chose not to follow Sylvanas out of loyalty to the Horde and Silvermoon over her) and the undead skins and red eyes are already blood elf npc options, they’d just have to enable those options during character creation.

As for San’layn, they don’t fit the Alliance and should go to Blood Elves. In BFA Sylvanas had already offered them a place in the Horde. Their leader Dreven was killed during the Alliance side of the war campaign but he had blood elf apprentices he was training (or had turned) on his ship so it would be easy to say some survived or another blood prince/princess who hadn’t been present during those events could turn up and genuinely seek membership in the Horde due to having nowhere else to go and still being blood elves at their core (all San’layn are, after all, are vampire blood elves).

And on a thematic level it would sort of be neat if Alliance have werewolves and Horde have vampires XD

10 Likes

I´ll admit that while some of the customizations you propose I´d appreciate (honestly,only red eyes and red colored stuff), I really really don´t dig the lore suggestions put for some of them (especially when I take into account thge clows who would be in charge of implementing them. Call it cynicism, but it´s hard not to be cynical when we came out from “Mist of Pandaria 2.0: with an even more stupid and cartoonisly evul Horde!! Edition”).

The way I see it? I rather they just give us the stuff and literally say NOTHING, NOT ONE MENTION about how it came to be. Less future villain batting potential in the case they think the Horde really really really needs to find it´s spirit AGAIN -and conveniently for faction war 3.0: Bogaloo-.

5 Likes

Are blood elves going to be looked at? There are loads of suggestions, and they didn’t get much. Compare the lfd jewelry options and regular draenei jewelry and accessories combined with hairstyles, with the option to turn them off and multiple color combos for metal and gems.

Where was this level of care for blood elves?

I would also love more options to complete the farstrider look. Tattoos, more braids. Also freckles and scar options separate from the face, and upper ear jewelry.

If you want to combine elegance with the farstrider look add in hair jewelry with metal feathers, intricate looking preferably, rather than clunky.

Also don’t gender lock options.

13 Likes

Damaged ears and different design between Velf aesthetic tattoos (they seem to want to look like Alleria) and Belf tattoos (remember the amazing art Izzabelle posted in the Belf customization thread?) yeah something like that which looks more similar to the Survival hunter icon seems a good way to differentiate between Belves and Velves without having to limit colors -which frankly, is stupid after giving the Velves literal Belf haircolors-.

i know people has this concept about Belves being only valley rich girls trope or something, but these are the survivors of a catastrophe that killed and zombified 90% of them… we can´t assume only Lor´themar was unfortunate enough to get scars in the face / body, right?

7 Likes

Yeah, I want tattoos for all the belf themes, as long as I get some that look like tattoos a farstrider would get, I’m good! I want runic tattoos with glowing and non glowing options too.

10 Likes

Let’s get some black, white and brown hairs with long braid ponytail for those who want em for void elves

5 Likes

This times a million. Men wear jewelry too Blizzard! If Draenei get different metal/jewel options that should be a bare minimum options for other races too (especially blood elves). Heck look at the awesome rings Daddy D sports. Variations of phoenixes or sun-themed jewelry for necklaces and earrings would be cool (stuff that would actually be visible on the character).

And Blood elves have been participating in wars for years…so scars, eyepatches to reflect a missing eye, and frankly tattoos and scars should also be a no-brainer customization option. Runic and farstrider tattoos too. As other have stated, the ones the male blood elf on the BC box art were awesome.

10 Likes

Omg, I´m almost afraid to ask but… who?

The current phoenix necklace is visible… and it sucks hard, looks gaudy and literally ruins tmog.

I´m with Avarie here, i rather get more elegant designs if jewerly is the ONLY thing these people think the Belves can get.

1 Like

Sire Denathrius XD While he doesn’t represent a playable race, he is proof that models with visible rings are possible. And hence why I said variations of phoenixes and the solar theme. I’m not a fan of the current phoenix necklace because it’s so ‘meh’.

It´s “meh” not because it needs a bunch of gems put onto it, it´s “meh” because it looks so heavy the poor Belf female that uses it runs the risk of breaking her neck and/or decapitating herself if she falls.

1 Like

Void elf jewelry and tiaras! Instead of the green gems we could have a void blue one like the heritage belt. If this was added Void elves would easily become my most favorite race.
More things that would be nice to have are more hairstyles and I’m especially a sucker for different shades of pink hair (looove the new LFD pink color) I could totally see more pinks working with the void palette, and different tentacle colors! I would love it if we had the tentacle effect blend in with whatever hair color to create a cool stardust/galaxy effect.
I’m already super happy with the upcoming changes, what I listed above would just be the cherry on the cake for me personally. I hope everyone is able to see their cosmetic wishes in game come true! :heart:

8 Likes